John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JohnnyS
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by JohnnyS »

"Frank Camuso is a caporegime with the Gambino family, I met him as a friend he's a gentleman always conducted himself like a gentleman. Always respectful to me and I always respected Frank I wishing him nothing but the best."
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JohnnyS wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:19 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:08 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:10 pm Interesting to hear his take on Gene Gotti and John Carneglia. He said he can't see both guys retiring and in his view the Gambinos would at least give them both positions as captains possibly a position on the admin for one of them probably when their off supervised release. Capeci reported around the time Gene Gotti was released that he was in good standing with the Sicilian administration. Something to keep an eye on.
They’re both dyed in the wool wiseguys, retirement isn’t an option. I can’t see the benefit in putting either of them on the administration seems like it would only serve to antagonize the feds.
Yeah I agree a Gotti in power would give the feds a hard on.

I can see them giving Gene Gotti a position as captain. As TommyGambino said above, with Anthony Gurino dead and Cesar Gurino as a soldier now he could run that crew.
Have all his parole restrictions ended? If so it’s possible.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:52 am
JohnnyS wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:19 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:08 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:10 pm Interesting to hear his take on Gene Gotti and John Carneglia. He said he can't see both guys retiring and in his view the Gambinos would at least give them both positions as captains possibly a position on the admin for one of them probably when their off supervised release. Capeci reported around the time Gene Gotti was released that he was in good standing with the Sicilian administration. Something to keep an eye on.
They’re both dyed in the wool wiseguys, retirement isn’t an option. I can’t see the benefit in putting either of them on the administration seems like it would only serve to antagonize the feds.
Yeah I agree a Gotti in power would give the feds a hard on.

I can see them giving Gene Gotti a position as captain. As TommyGambino said above, with Anthony Gurino dead and Cesar Gurino as a soldier now he could run that crew.
Have all his parole restrictions ended? If so it’s possible.
Doesn’t he have parole restrictions for the duration of the 50 year sentence that he was handed down in the 80’s?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Not sure how long he has restrictions. He was released in 2018, he could've gotten out earlier but he refused to go to the halfway house.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Everytime he says caporegime I think of Gene and John saying how no one uses that terminology anymore and. It's there way of trolling them.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:52 am Have all his parole restrictions ended? If so it’s possible.
I could be wrong, but, he got 50 years and did 35. So he's got 15 parole I believe. Which means hes got at least a decade to go.

If this is the case theres clearly no way he's active.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:58 am Everytime he says caporegime I think of Gene and John saying how no one uses that terminology anymore and. It's there way of trolling them.
That's one of the dumbest claims I've heard. :lol:
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:15 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:52 am Have all his parole restrictions ended? If so it’s possible.
I could be wrong, but, he got 50 years and did 35. So he's got 15 parole I believe. Which means hes got at least a decade to go.

If this is the case theres clearly no way he's active.
It’s def possible for him to be active while on restrictions. There are still plenty of people he can legally meet with plus he will act through intermediaries when he can’t and there is also the good old sneaking around to meet guys.

BUT I will say it’s gotta be nearly impossible to run an entire crew in that fashion.

He’s probably out there earning and enjoying the respect he’s earned in prison but a rank above soldier just doesn’t seem logical.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:32 am He’s probably out there earning and enjoying the respect he’s earned in prison but a rank above soldier just doesn’t seem logical.
My guess is inactive. He gets caught jaywalking hes back inside for another 12 (he was released in 2018). 12 years is a long time at his ago. He'd be daft to take the risk.
My opinion.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I don't get why some of the scarfo young guys all got like 40 45 yrs also back in the 80tys but they all kinda back around. That guy faffy joe chang
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:01 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:32 am He’s probably out there earning and enjoying the respect he’s earned in prison but a rank above soldier just doesn’t seem logical.
My guess is inactive. He gets caught jaywalking hes back inside for another 12 (he was released in 2018). 12 years is a long time at his ago. He'd be daft to take the risk.
My opinion.
You’re thinking makes complete sense to normal humans but you have to think like a gangster. He just did 30 years for the life, he’s not going to come home and abandon it.
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

Pmac2 wrote:I don't get why some of the scarfo young guys all got like 40 45 yrs also back in the 80tys but they all kinda back around. That guy faffy joe chang
I mean lol, if they got sentenced in 80, it's been 41 years. With credit for good behavior and whatever time they served before getting sentenced they generally serve less than the whole thang.
I didn't torture the kid, didn't do nuttin like that. Shot him a couple times and he died.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:33 am You’re thinking makes complete sense to normal humans but you have to think like a gangster. He just did 30 years for the life, he’s not going to come home and abandon it.
Fair point.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

John's mentioned on multiple episodes... at least 4 or 5 times now... someone he knew (made Lucchese guy) who was heavy into dope and had a huge, ridiculous house in Closter, NJ. Today on Sitdownnews he dropped that the guy was Thomas D'Ambrosio from the famed 'Class of '91'. Really interesting story. Kinda cool to hear about some of these random, relatively unknown guys who were able to carve out a pretty successful mob career without making headlines. I mean, the guy had a ton of personal problems and served Federal and State time, but at the end of the day he's still alive and retired in Florida. That's pretty successful for anyone in the mob, all things considered, and probably the only 'success story' out of that entire Class of '91
Boston+matt14
Honorary Member

Post by Boston+matt14 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:33 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:01 am
My opinion.
You’re thinking makes complete sense to normal humans but you have to think like a gangster. He just did 30 years for the life, he’s not going to come home and abandon it.
Perhaps but didn't Gene have a big loan book that was still being collected for him while he was away? If he came home to a nice chunk of change after serving 29 years maybe the temptation to get involved again wouldn't be as high.
"Where's our Al Sharpton?" -Anthony Borgesi