VINCENT CORRAO -Butch's son

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TSNYC
Straightened out

Re: VINCENT CORRAO -Butch's son

Post by TSNYC »

Browniety86 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:46 pm I remember after Frankie DeCicco got hit, I think Sammy Gravano mentioned "The Tall Guy" to fill the UB position, referring to Joe Butch...Gotti declined saying "he was one of them" (the Castellano faction)...
Was that from the Ravenite tapes?

I’d be curious to see the whole convo.

Joe Butch had a “job” with and was connected to Bayside Fuel Oil right near the gowanus canal in Brooklyn. Bayside was one of the City’s biggest heating oil distributors.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

TSNYC wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:38 am
Browniety86 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:46 pm I remember after Frankie DeCicco got hit, I think Sammy Gravano mentioned "The Tall Guy" to fill the UB position, referring to Joe Butch...Gotti declined saying "he was one of them" (the Castellano faction)...
Was that from the Ravenite tapes?

I’d be curious to see the whole convo.

Joe Butch had a “job” with and was connected to Bayside Fuel Oil right near the gowanus canal in Brooklyn. Bayside was one of the City’s biggest heating oil distributors.
I think I read it in Gravano's book Underboss. Might have been Mob Star though, I can't remember.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Gotcha
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Philly d wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:39 pm
bronx wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:54 pm JOE was a sicilian ,gotti was a nappy, differsnt mentalities ..
How so?
Back in the day sicilians hated Napolitans and vice versa, Now not so much but the sicilians controlling the Gambinos would die before they gave back the family to a napolitan again ! That's just one of the reasons Neil didn't get the top slot , Sicilians are LCN , Napolitans are from Naples and were traditionally camoristas
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Paradiso is half and half so they gave him the #3 slot to appease the Americans and the Gotti loyalists and because the guy is probably the toughest guy on the streets from way back when who lasted thru everything
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

vic alligretti owned bayside fuel they were with jimmy the blond then his son.they had an office on 84thst and 17th ave..huge company
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

vic alligretti owned bayside fuel they were with jimmy the blond then his son.they had an office on 84thst and 17th ave..huge company
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The Corraos and Sclafanis are Sciacchitani and probably trace back to the old Manhattan Sciacca faction. The FBN said Jimmy Corrao was close with the Falcone brothers from Utica, Sciacchitani also.

I wonder if Joe Butch and his brother were aware of the history. Also curious who all was in Joe Butch's crew by the 1980s... you can see where some of the Agrigento/Sciacchitani crews were broken up and merged with others crews over the decades.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

B you are correct, jimmy and his wife lived on 84th st between 16 and 15 ave. they were for sure aware.lol so did gotti sr.thats why butch never made any panel
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

augie was a real scumbag
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

they were lower nyc guys thats how his father bought those buildings
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

17th and 84th ish was a huge few blocks going back to early 1900s
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

bath beach
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Good info. Same path as many other Sciacchitani, going from Lower Manhattan to Brooklyn. Then you have the other Agrigento guys further up in Manhattan who ended up in Queens.

Random note... Tommy Agro's heritage was Agrigento, too. So many guys in the Gambino family.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

NJ Gambino Associate Mike Falzone was in Vinny Corroa's crew in the late 90s. Not sure what happened to either of them. Falzone is around but not sure if he is affiliated with OC anymore.