#2 in NE

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Re: #2 in NE

Post by Hired_Goonz »

davidf1989 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:08 am How about Matthew Guglielmetti who was in attendance at the Medford Induction ceremony and this article mentioned that Flemmi thought that he was the main contact to Raymond Patriarca Junior.

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2014/02/ ... gland.html

Another one has to be Peter Limone who did time because of Barboza's testimony before becoming the boss after Manocchio.
Does anyone know the story behind Matty getting stabbed back in 97? He wasn't some young hoodlum out running the streets he was a high-ranking mobster in his early 50s at that point so I wonder wtf happened there.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

The Lombardo consigliere was highly respected. Tameleo and Anguilo as well. Whitey was just feared, he wasn't that powerful in OC circles though...I mean he was but like the mob guys werent scared of him.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Gerry Anguilo, like someone else said anyone else is a distant third.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

In your opinion, was Angiulo more powerful than Tameleo?
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:01 pm In your opinion, was Angiulo more powerful than Tameleo?
He was certainly wealthier than Tameleo but it appears that Anguilo's reach politically doesn't go that far outside of new england and possibly new york...possibly but I can't speak for Tameleo but imagine in terms of politics and influence its possible he might hold the card here but this is just speculation based on books, documentaries, threads, the internet, etc ... We will probably never really know the answer unless an old timer speaks...The only person who might be willing to speak is that weirdo Luisi.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

they had alot of building in the north end as rental property. the brother frank lived in his apartment till he died a few years ago. talking millions. 5 6 storie buildings with a lot of apartments
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

So I started watching Black Mass bc of this thread.

Not even far into it and already I like it. First time I watch it it didn't do much for me but I don't think I gave it much a chance.

To bad they didn't include the real ending where he got his brains bashed in.... Literally

Anyone else like that movie??

Anyone ever see VENDETTA with one the Baldwin brothers I think playing whitey
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Could flemmi have made it into the mafia if he wanted to??
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:29 pm Could flemmi have made it into the mafia if he wanted to??
Yes, heard he refused the offers.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:14 pm So I started watching Black Mass bc of this thread.

Not even far into it and already I like it. First time I watch it it didn't do much for me but I don't think I gave it much a chance.

To bad they didn't include the real ending where he got his brains bashed in.... Literally

Anyone else like that movie??

Anyone ever see VENDETTA with one the Baldwin brothers I think playing whitey
You were "just saying?" "Just saying" gets people sent away. "Just saying" got me a nine-year stretch in Alcatraz, you understand? So, "just saying" can get you buried real quick.
All roads lead to New York.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

How about Mark Rossetti even though he did become an informant? He did a lot of hits for Salemme according to this article.

https://gangsterreport.com/gr-sources-c ... s-role-in/

St Laurent could be another to think about as he was connected to major figures such as Bianco because he did go with him to meet Russo and Ferrara in Randolph.

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticu ... story.html
tmarotta
Straightened out

Post by tmarotta »

I would mention guys such as Carmen Dinunzio, Eddie Lato, Anthony Dinunzio, Pryce Quintana, Joseph Achille, Fredrick Simone as guys who have had big influence in NE in the past 20 years.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

They might not be number two but a few guys who might still around that I know of;
Gerry Sarro I know he was a decent sized bookmaker at one time
Then you have Greg Costa who was idk if still is aligned with Dinunzio. Then there was the Contrada organization who had they're own lay off books and everything.
Here is something I've had but never had any need to post it till now: this was an article posted by the boston herald in the late 2010s that Peter Limone was not to come into contact with and it listed all 50+ and I quote "wiseguys." It'd be interesting to see where some of these guys are at now in the hierarchy. Boston has lots of big time bookmakers.
Ravens410
Straightened out

Post by Ravens410 »

Matty G holds all the power In all of New England.
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

Vinny F is the power if he wants it
Nobody on the street have the resume he does
Both respected and feared if he wanted the top spot no1 one have the balls to challenge him