Jimmy Calandras latest comments

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Jimmy Calandras latest comments

Post by Tonyd621 »

what's gunners deal? is he saying Detroit is so secretive bc he knows nothing about it?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Dave65827 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:12 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:05 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:58 pm
B. wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:41 pm Scarpa reported that Carmine Persico issued a murder contract on Michael Franzese for cooperating and was also attempting to break up Sonny Franzese's Long Island crew as a punishment, though the Franzese crew was resisting the effort.
Thanks. One thing I’ll give Franzese credit for is never agreeing to an interview with someone that would pull just a *little* bit on any one of his loose threads. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying the guy is a total phony. He was a capo that made millions and millions of dollars, which puts him in the top 5% of guys that aspire to be in that life (money wise). But the whole born again Christian act is obviously a front. He has been telling his life story for damn near 25 years and all of a sudden within the last couple years he’s told some really interesting stories that he’s never told before. Right at the same time when a whole bunch of ex wiseguys are doing the same thing he’s doing.

Lol, I get what you guys mean. The front. I just..... do you REALLY take ANY Born again Christian seriously? What the fuck does that even mean, exactly? I never got it. Is he gonna like, swear off all sin, and interactions with the corrupt societies that spawn all the behaviours that ruin communities? Is he gonna become a monk? Shave his head and walk around in a robe? Become a priest? I honestly dont really understand WHAT you guys expect of the guy. Hes a fuckin New Yorker, a hustler, first.

He left the mob, not making money....
Ironically His Brother Franzese jr says he plans on become a monk in his latest interview. He’s currently an assistant at a catholic school in Indianapolis
Now THAT is pretty ironic and funny....
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:15 pm what's gunners deal? is he saying Detroit is so secretive bc he knows nothing about it?
gunner talks in Ebonics , I cant take listening to him , They fell hook line and sinker for Jimmys bait , For some reason Mazza puts Sammy in the middle , its pretty funny , Sammys daughter wasnt no slouch at this beef stuff so I wouldn't say its not a plan ;)
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

It’s hard to tell what’s serious and what’s not. At first it looked like Franzese and Sammy were gonna do something together. Then it looked like they fell out and had beef. Then it looked like they “fell out” so they could sell an actual sit down between two high ranking wiseguys on YouTube.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Patrick bet david had to pay them both its as simple as that.This sit down is completely useless MF and SG didnt know each other on the street (yes they probably did but didnt give a fuck about each other) they had no beef with each other.A good sit down would be sammy vs John gotti jr atleast then a gotti family member can confront the guy who sent their father away for life
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:31 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:22 pm Franzese says Persico got a message to him in prison as late as 1991 asking whose side he was on in the war. He acknowledged that he had already testified against Norby Walters at that point but he was still in good standing because no one cared about Norby Walters (and Walters never went to prison).

I could be wrong, but I’m *highly* skeptical that Franzese was still on solid ground with the borgata in 1991. He testified in front of Congress just a year later on the gas scam and boxing.
Yeah, idk if anyone has any insight into this, but he also mentioned that if he didn't get his parole violation, he would've probably went to New York to fight it out.
IIRC Mikey also said he got a msg from his dad Sonny that the family needed them (really Mikey since he was going to get out) and they had to go back to Brooklyn to help the Persico faction during the war, by help I dont believe be a shooter it would have been on the financing end most likely
Last edited by Dapper_Don on Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

bluehouse wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:10 pm Patrick bet david had to pay them both its as simple as that.This sit down is completely useless MF and SG didnt know each other on the street (yes they probably did but didnt give a fuck about each other) they had no beef with each other.A good sit down would be sammy vs John gotti jr atleast then a gotti family member can confront the guy who sent their father away for life
Gotti Jr vs Sammy would be a massive ratings hit really... unfortunately would never happen I dont think Jr wants anything to do with something that will tie him to the life at all, and getting on a podcast sitdown vs Sammy the guy who sent his dad to jail for life the amount of immense guilt/pressure Jr would feel to do something to Sammy (I know its dumb but in his twisted mind to save face) its prob best in his mind to not even get in the situation. Even though Jr says he left the life years ago which I dont doubt at this point he has, from the Pennisi story Jr still likes to puff his chest out as needed/given the opportunity.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

Dapper_Don wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:31 am
Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:22 pm Franzese says Persico got a message to him in prison as late as 1991 asking whose side he was on in the war. He acknowledged that he had already testified against Norby Walters at that point but he was still in good standing because no one cared about Norby Walters (and Walters never went to prison).

I could be wrong, but I’m *highly* skeptical that Franzese was still on solid ground with the borgata in 1991. He testified in front of Congress just a year later on the gas scam and boxing.
Yeah, idk if anyone has any insight into this, but he also mentioned that if he didn't get his parole violation, he would've probably went to New York to fight it out.
IIRC Mikey also said he got a msg from his dad Sonny that the family needed them (really Mikey since he was going to get out) and they had to go back to Brooklyn to help the Persico faction during the war, by help I dont believe be a shooter it would have been on the financing end most likely
I've been reading the Franzese posts and very interesting. My 2 cents: 1. He ratted; and like the others, he has institutionalized in his psyche that he's not a rat; 2. No, Persico would never bring a rat around him; he'd kill Franzese if he could; 3. No proof, but there are many that believe - back in the 80s - certain agents took some of the millions and Franzese has gotten a free ride since - no restitution; 4. Like many snitches, he is now recalling episodes that more than likely didn't occur; 5. Did he meet the Chin? I just don't know. A capo being asked Downtown without the Colombo Administration knowing? probably not. And that's his first recollection. His second, what I'm reading, switching families? Not! The Snake is a man not to be trifled with and Chin very well knows the violence Colombos are capable.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

outfit guy wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:04 am
Dapper_Don wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:31 am

I've been reading the Franzese posts and very interesting. My 2 cents: 1. He ratted; and like the others, he has institutionalized in his psyche that he's not a rat; 2. No, Persico would never bring a rat around him; he'd kill Franzese if he could; 3. No proof, but there are many that believe - back in the 80s - certain agents took some of the millions and Franzese has gotten a free ride since - no restitution; 4. Like many snitches, he is now recalling episodes that more than likely didn't occur; 5. Did he meet the Chin? I just don't know. A capo being asked Downtown without the Colombo Administration knowing? probably not. And that's his first recollection. His second, what I'm reading, switching families? Not! The Snake is a man not to be trifled with and Chin very well knows the violence Colombos are capable.
This goes to my original question, why is MF listed as a Capo in 1987 by the FBI during the Colombo War trials?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

I think Persico & Little Allie Boy knew about Greg Scarpa being an informant for years & didn’t do anything, something about Scarpa giving him information according to Larry Kazza
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

My guess: It's the FBI; they'll do anything to create the impression of an over-arching evil empire - pensions and job security. More capos; more a threat. I mean, they're still surveilling 90-year-old Teamsters in N.J. It's a giant bureaucracy. Philadelphia has a 30 plus squad chasing a "gang" that even defense lawyers cite as never really making much money and controlling neighborhood rackets.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:37 am I think Persico & Little Allie Boy knew about Greg Scarpa being an informant for years & didn’t do anything, something about Scarpa giving him information according to Larry Kazza
I concur but also note (what can you really believe written in newspapers), their speculation was immediately tempered do to the murders he committed. So, I believe they assumed him all in and just careful and lucky.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

outfit guy wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:40 am My guess: It's the FBI; they'll do anything to create the impression of an over-arching evil empire - pensions and job security. More capos; more a threat. I mean, they're still surveilling 90-year-old Teamsters in N.J. It's a giant bureaucracy. Philadelphia has a 30 plus squad chasing a "gang" that even defense lawyers cite as never really making much money and controlling neighborhood rackets.
Now defense lawyers would say that no?
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Carmine put a hit out on Michael franzese in like 88. Once it came out he was testifying at the boxing promoter in Chicago. Carmine tried to put sonny on the shelf but the long Island guys he had around where loyal and sonny went rite back to jail for parole shit in 88 89. I think Michael paid carmine threw back channels then they left him alone in the early 90rys
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Scarpa was telling the feds the whole play by play. Michael was close to carmine. He was his golden goose when he became boss