Jimmy Calandras latest comments

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Jimmy Calandras latest comments

Post by Tonyd621 »

On jimmy calandras latest youtube video (Jimmy Calandra A Bath Avenue Story) he discusses the michael franzese, sammy the bull sitdown, but also says Spero released him at one point to be with Matty Madonna. Anybody recall Calandra being under the Gambinos?
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Re: Jimmy Calandras latest comments

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Also Matty didn’t get made until he came home in the mid to late 90s I thought. That would have been after calamandra :lol: was off the street already. How could a capo (Spero) release an associate officially on record with him to another associate?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Calandra and Madonna became friends in the can in the mid-1990s while he was serving a sentence for robbery and Madonna was finishing his long stretch for narcotics. Then Madonna was made after his release from prison, likely in 1998 or 1999. In October 1999, Calandra was arrested, but he didn't flip until 2001, so there's some overlap with his claims.

1995.jpg
Calandra (left) and Madonna (right) mid-1990s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

eboli wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:55 am Calandra and Madonna became friends in the can in the mid-1990s while he was serving a sentence for robbery and Madonna was finishing his long stretch for narcotics. Then Madonna was made after his release from prison, likely in 1998 or 1999. In October 1999, Calandra was arrested, but he didn't flip until 2001, so there's some overlap with his claims.

1995.jpg

Thats a great photo. Whos in the middle?
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:12 pm
eboli wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:55 am Calandra and Madonna became friends in the can in the mid-1990s while he was serving a sentence for robbery and Madonna was finishing his long stretch for narcotics. Then Madonna was made after his release from prison, likely in 1998 or 1999. In October 1999, Calandra was arrested, but he didn't flip until 2001, so there's some overlap with his claims.

1995.jpg

Thats a great photo. Whos in the middle?
I've seen him identified as Richard Brady, a Colombo associate and debt collector who used to work with Frankie Pontillo. I'm not 100% sure it's him, though.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Another clown...
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

I’ve always though he flipped well before that.. I had no idea he help solid til 2001, does anyone know exactly what made him flip?? He said that he was doing his time stand up and everyone started rolling on him so he said fuck it.. could it have been the situation where Paciello flipped and gave up him and Reynolds on the murder of the Staten Island housewife?? The one where paciello told them about some big 1 million dollar score that never existed?? And Reynolds ended up shooting the lady in the head at the front door??? I could see that murder charge getting him to flip when he already did a bunch of time...
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

chubby wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:25 pm I’ve always though he flipped well before that.. I had no idea he help solid til 2001, does anyone know exactly what made him flip?? He said that he was doing his time stand up and everyone started rolling on him so he said fuck it.. could it have been the situation where Paciello flipped and gave up him and Reynolds on the murder of the Staten Island housewife?? The one where paciello told them about some big 1 million dollar score that never existed?? And Reynolds ended up shooting the lady in the head at the front door??? I could see that murder charge getting him to flip when he already did a bunch of time...
I definitely think he flipped once he found out about Paciello flipping since they murdered an innocent woman and he probably didnt want to take the fall for that and I dont blame him but is that the only reason why he flipped? Tommy Reynolds should have been killed by them immediately after that to tie up loose ends and because he did what he did. Liability on so many levels.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Im beginning to think that Spero and Benanti’s involvement with these kids was overstated, to say the least. Not surprising that the one they were legitimately close with was the only one who got made, and he happens to be the one we know virtually nothing about and never hear about. Also the one who was made did not partake in the killing of Paul Gulino, the set-up robbery/murder of a kid and his uncle, or the gunning down of some kid in the middle of the street...basically MIA for all of the documented cowboy shit

that book by Michelle whatever which was just one big circle jerk for Paciello and filled with dialogue that nobody knows even really took place, did say that Colandra flipped after he was held on bank robbery charges and was confronted with the murder of that woman. Again the author is a nut job but she wrote that Colandra had been so consumed with guilt over that, that he had distanced himself from those guys and was starting to have panic attacks, bed wetting, physical anxiety, etc... that’s something that wouldnt surprise me, not as a dig against Colandra, but something like that would eat away at almost anybody. The kid Reynolds should have been killed
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

newera_212 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:58 pm Im beginning to think that Spero and Benanti’s involvement with these kids was overstated, to say the least.
I always said that Bennetti was a brokstar and had these kids under him and just took a piece of their earnings but didnt school them and take them under their wing.Also in 1 of the videos callandra is talking to some huy about Fabrizio and that hes getting out in 3 years and doing well.So that means he probably is still friends with a made guy even though he snitched
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I watched / listened to some of Calandra's videos while I was at the gym, after I last posted that. It was ironic because in the first video I loaded up, he went on to say the exact opposite of what I said above and hammered the "being made doesn't mean much" narrative that people like Alite, et. al. are always going on about. Calandra said he and others were surprised when it was Fabrizio who got made. Seems like some of these guys who were running and gunning take the whole "we were doing all the work and the wiseguys feared us" stance on things. I'm not saying it's sour grapes, but sometimes it comes off that way.

Another interesting thing Calandra dropped in one of the videos is that he's a loose relative of Mike DeSantis through marriage.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

bluehouse wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:53 pm
newera_212 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:58 pm Im beginning to think that Spero and Benanti’s involvement with these kids was overstated, to say the least.
I always said that Bennetti was a brokstar and had these kids under him and just took a piece of their earnings but didnt school them and take them under their wing.Also in 1 of the videos callandra is talking to some huy about Fabrizio and that hes getting out in 3 years and doing well.So that means he probably is still friends with a made guy even though he snitched
Yeah thats Defrancisci.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

watched a couple more videos. this guy really doesnt look like hes doing well. very rough shape
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

I only saw one video and I got the impression he was trying to emulate Sammy with his talking style. Almost painfully slow and methodical. Although with Sammy it just seems more natural. I saw an IG video of Colandra’s several weeks ago and he wasn’t talking like that. You’re right though, he doesn’t appear to be in the best shape.