Jimmy Calandras latest comments

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Re: Jimmy Calandras latest comments

Post by nizarsoccer »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:22 pm Franzese says Persico got a message to him in prison as late as 1991 asking whose side he was on in the war. He acknowledged that he had already testified against Norby Walters at that point but he was still in good standing because no one cared about Norby Walters (and Walters never went to prison).

I could be wrong, but I’m *highly* skeptical that Franzese was still on solid ground with the borgata in 1991. He testified in front of Congress just a year later on the gas scam and boxing.
Yeah, idk if anyone has any insight into this, but he also mentioned that if he didn't get his parole violation, he would've probably went to New York to fight it out.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pm
Nick Prango wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:49 pm
joeycigars wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:03 pm
Nick Prango wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:25 pm
JohnnySalami wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:17 am https://youtu.be/alQy1eKnyGQ

LMFAO this just makes me cringe and apparently it makes other people cringe too just read the all but 26 comments. They're abusing this guy lol
Who is this guy? Why is he defending Mazza and Alite?
HAHA people are making Radom video's taking sides , Alites video is queued up in a few minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGM0opnfmUU

Already commenting like crazy ,
This whole RAT war is so childish
Not as childish as all these clothing lines.
This is fantastic! Hilarious
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:31 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:22 pm Franzese says Persico got a message to him in prison as late as 1991 asking whose side he was on in the war. He acknowledged that he had already testified against Norby Walters at that point but he was still in good standing because no one cared about Norby Walters (and Walters never went to prison).

I could be wrong, but I’m *highly* skeptical that Franzese was still on solid ground with the borgata in 1991. He testified in front of Congress just a year later on the gas scam and boxing.
Yeah, idk if anyone has any insight into this, but he also mentioned that if he didn't get his parole violation, he would've probably went to New York to fight it out.
Yeah that’s the part I especially have a hard time believing. Franzese wasn’t exactly muscle. What kinda work was he gonna put in?
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

Lots of things to do besides be violent. Blocker car, dispose of bodies, etc.
I didn't torture the kid, didn't do nuttin like that. Shot him a couple times and he died.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Mazza on Gunner says Sammy is feeding Jimmy info to troll him , Mazza is so Hung up on his button
9:00 min mark blames Sammy telling Jimmy what to put out on you tube .....To be Continued
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS_zuItVdkQ
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

When and where did he say this? Just wondering.

He's been in the public eye with books, interviews, etc, for the better part of maybe... 15'ish years? If he's been said this, that's one thing - but If this is something that all of a sudden surfaced on one of his podcast episodes within the past few months, I have a really hard time believing it.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

newera_212 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:11 pm

When and where did he say this? Just wondering.

He's been in the public eye with books, interviews, etc, for the better part of maybe... 15'ish years? If he's been said this, that's one thing - but If this is something that all of a sudden surfaced on one of his podcast episodes within the past few months, I have a really hard time believing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ0u1cv ... elFranzese
Starts around 7:49. He mentioned Persico asking where he stood in this conflict in the book, but this is new "insight".
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Lol if this is true and sammy is feeding him info this is going to really heat up.Sammy was respected but now Mazza alite and whoever else is on his side are going to start attacking sammy and sammy wont know how to handle that.John Penessi will probably stay neutral and MF will just sit back and laugh at these guys.MF at the end of the day has won he is very wealthy and now his channel interviews actors and sports people
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Yeah I don’t think Franzese had ever told the story (until a few years ago) about meeting with Chin and Chin asking him if he wanted to switch families. While that story is kinda crazy, I actually tend to believe it. It didn’t seem like something he was making up. Franzese was tight with Fritzy Giovanelli and Fritzy was real tight with Chin. The details of the story didn’t seem like something he was pulling out of his ass.

But this one...I’m highly highly skeptical. Franzese was, allegedly, a driver in one piece of work during his entire time on the street. The notion that he would show back up and be an actual contributor to the Persico faction seems *really* dubious. That being said, the one thing I am willing to believe is that Persico was hoping to get Franzese back in the mix because his guys needed the money. It’s been widely publicized how underfunded the Persico faction was. And if Franzese was known for one thing it was being a massive freaking earner.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

gaspipe wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:40 pm Lots of things to do besides be violent. Blocker car, dispose of bodies, etc.
Would you really want a guy who has already testified to get himself out of a jam putting in work like that for you? I think this story is bullshit.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

I think Franzese has said he didnt know Scarpa all that well but do we know if Scarpa ever gave the Feds any info about Franzese? Mazza said he never met Franzese, but he had heard about all the money he made. I’d love to hear Mazza’s opinion on when he knew Franzese had gone bad. You’d assume if a captain in the family flipped, he’d have heard about it. Even if he was an associate.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Scarpa reported that Carmine Persico issued a murder contract on Michael Franzese for cooperating and was also attempting to break up Sonny Franzese's Long Island crew as a punishment, though the Franzese crew was resisting the effort.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

B. wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:41 pm Scarpa reported that Carmine Persico issued a murder contract on Michael Franzese for cooperating and was also attempting to break up Sonny Franzese's Long Island crew as a punishment, though the Franzese crew was resisting the effort.
Thanks. One thing I’ll give Franzese credit for is never agreeing to an interview with someone that would pull just a *little* bit on any one of his loose threads. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying the guy is a total phony. He was a capo that made millions and millions of dollars, which puts him in the top 5% of guys that aspire to be in that life (money wise). But the whole born again Christian act is obviously a front. He has been telling his life story for damn near 25 years and all of a sudden within the last couple years he’s told some really interesting stories that he’s never told before. Right at the same time when a whole bunch of ex wiseguys are doing the same thing he’s doing.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:58 pm
B. wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:41 pm Scarpa reported that Carmine Persico issued a murder contract on Michael Franzese for cooperating and was also attempting to break up Sonny Franzese's Long Island crew as a punishment, though the Franzese crew was resisting the effort.
Thanks. One thing I’ll give Franzese credit for is never agreeing to an interview with someone that would pull just a *little* bit on any one of his loose threads. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying the guy is a total phony. He was a capo that made millions and millions of dollars, which puts him in the top 5% of guys that aspire to be in that life (money wise). But the whole born again Christian act is obviously a front. He has been telling his life story for damn near 25 years and all of a sudden within the last couple years he’s told some really interesting stories that he’s never told before. Right at the same time when a whole bunch of ex wiseguys are doing the same thing he’s doing.

Lol, I get what you guys mean. The front. I just..... do you REALLY take ANY Born again Christian seriously? What the fuck does that even mean, exactly? I never got it. Is he gonna like, swear off all sin, and interactions with the corrupt societies that spawn all the behaviours that ruin communities? Is he gonna become a monk? Shave his head and walk around in a robe? Become a priest? I honestly dont really understand WHAT you guys expect of the guy. Hes a fuckin New Yorker, a hustler, first.

He left the mob, not making money....
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:05 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:58 pm

Lol, I get what you guys mean. The front. I just..... do you REALLY take ANY Born again Christian seriously? What the fuck does that even mean, exactly? I never got it. Is he gonna like, swear off all sin, and interactions with the corrupt societies that spawn all the behaviours that ruin communities? Is he gonna become a monk? Shave his head and walk around in a robe? Become a priest? I honestly dont really understand WHAT you guys expect of the guy. Hes a fuckin New Yorker, a hustler, first.

He left the mob, not making money....
Ironically His Brother Franzese jr says he plans on become a monk in his latest interview. He’s currently an assistant at a catholic school in Indianapolis