John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:04 pm Gents, John Pennisi did SEVENTEEN fucking years.

Thats a quarter of a life to, LUCKY people.

So those who keep saying he shouldnt have been made, he's half a button, half a tough guy, pussy, rat etc etc. You dont know shit about what youre talking about. Because if inducting a guy who does 17yrs is a gift of a button, then there is no mafia.

Go do HALF his time then come back with an opinion. Now Pennisi wansnt a capo, maybe didnt make huge bank, etc etc. But to call someone who does 17yrs a pussy or half assed wiseguy, you dont know what youre talking about.

I hear you, I kind of agree. But I do feel like if this was a typical gangbanger, we'd just look at him like a failed criminal.

For me, the issue isnt how much time he did. You are SUPPOSED to do your time, and it's not like he coulda ratted on himself. The issue is his level of criminal acumen, doesnt seem to match up with what we usually associate with a " Wiseguy".

I think of Wiseguys as being capable of anything. I know a lot of guys think the mob should be " above" drugs. To me, the mob guy should be into EVERYTHING. Like to me, a smart wiseguy could make money from drugs and never deal anything. He should be in gambling, loans. He should have a legit cover, job or business. He should be indispensable to everyone around him, from the street guy to the corporate guy, and everyone in between. Hes versatile.

That's a typical, blue collar Wiseguy. Then you have the mastermind types, that put together big rackets. Pennisi doesnt seem like either an earner, OR a feared enforcer. He seems sharp enough to recognize traps and political intrigues, but not a cunning schemer type, that creates situations for himself. Pennisi maybe seems like associate material to many, I think. It's weird, it's like he knows how to carry himself, was he just reluctant to earn because of a fear of prison, or did he not know how? Maybe that's the confusion with him....
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

elasticman wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:31 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:04 pm Gents, John Pennisi did SEVENTEEN fucking years.

So those who keep saying he shouldnt have been made, he's half a button, half a tough guy, pussy, rat etc etc. You dont know shit about what youre talking about. Because if inducting a guy who does 17yrs is a gift of a button, then there is no mafia.

Go do HALF his time then come back with an opinion. Now Pennisi wansnt a capo, maybe didnt make huge bank, etc etc. But to call someone who does 17yrs a pussy or half assed wiseguy, you dont know what youre talking about.
In my book, you get points for staying out of the can.
Good thing for me then, that your book don’t mean ugats to me.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:19 am

I hear you, I kind of agree. But I do feel like if this was a typical gangbanger, we'd just look at him like a failed criminal.

For me, the issue isnt how much time he did. You are SUPPOSED to do your time, and it's not like he coulda ratted on himself. The issue is his level of criminal acumen, doesnt seem to match up with what we usually associate with a " Wiseguy".

I think of Wiseguys as being capable of anything. I know a lot of guys think the mob should be " above" drugs. To me, the mob guy should be into EVERYTHING. Like to me, a smart wiseguy could make money from drugs and never deal anything. He should be in gambling, loans. He should have a legit cover, job or business. He should be indispensable to everyone around him, from the street guy to the corporate guy, and everyone in between. Hes versatile.

That's a typical, blue collar Wiseguy. Then you have the mastermind types, that put together big rackets. Pennisi doesnt seem like either an earner, OR a feared enforcer. He seems sharp enough to recognize traps and political intrigues, but not a cunning schemer type, that creates situations for himself. Pennisi maybe seems like associate material to many, I think. It's weird, it's like he knows how to carry himself, was he just reluctant to earn because of a fear of prison, or did he not know how? Maybe that's the confusion with him....

I know its different era, but look at a guy like DePalma. He was 70 year old guy. Actually in some trouble over a failed hit attempt. Yet not only plays the politics game, and gets his stripes back, also make like 250k in like 6 months.

It's like he running circles around a Pennisi and hes 70 years old...... that's I think what guys dont get.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Apparently Desantis asked Penessi if he knew of any young guys coming up who have potential of being made and JP told him no.If this was even the 90s Desantis would never have to ask a question like that they had a much caliber. of guys than today.Pennessi was just at the right place at the right time he even admits it himself that he never would of been made if this was even 10 years before he got made
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Pennisis self righteous attitude is what really gets me. For every question you answer there's about 10 he doesnt answer. but yet his blog is basically gossiping behind other people's back, quoting private conversations he had with someone not to mention things like ohh in 2010 in Dec so and so said this behind his back. ohh and and in 2012 so and so tried to pull a fast on me and this what ppl think about that guy...and on and on and on with this vivitrol. but yet he doesn't want any negativity. I remember someone asked a question on the podcast about crypto currency and he said "no comment" what he can't talk about bitcoin or dogecoin? Maybe the spirit of Satoshi told him to say that...
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 am Pennisis self righteous attitude is what really gets me. For every question you answer there's about 10 he doesnt answer. but yet his blog is basically gossiping behind other people's back, quoting private conversations he had with someone not to mention things like ohh in 2010 in Dec so and so said this behind his back. ohh and and in 2012 so and so tried to pull a fast on me and this what ppl think about that guy...and on and on and on with this vivitrol. but yet he doesn't want any negativity. I remember someone asked a question on the podcast about crypto currency and he said "no comment" what he can't talk about bitcoin or dogecoin? Maybe the spirit of Satoshi told him to say that...
I think all of the 'no comment' type of things are a combo of him being paranoid plus him knowing that he may have to be used in court again in the future. I don't think he wants to be talking about what type of money he's holding or taking down (same with the 'no comment' about what type of watches he likes When he 'no commented' what his favorite restaurant was in the Bronx, for example, that told me that him or members of his (blood) family probably still frequent that restaurant and he doesn't want anyone to know he's still around, or where he hangs out when he does come into the city.

That's another thing - I feel like they've alluded to him NOT being in the tri-state area a bunch of times but it's pretty clear when he lets things drop that he's going out to dinner with Tom in the city, or you see his Daughter (who is local) hop on camera - he's still around the area, most likely full time.

I chalk it up to him being paranoid, plus him being careful with certain things that may be used against him vis-a-vis his cooperation agreement/credibility in the future, because his stint as a witness may not be over yet.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:39 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 am Pennisis self righteous attitude is what really gets me. For every question you answer there's about 10 he doesnt answer. but yet his blog is basically gossiping behind other people's back, quoting private conversations he had with someone not to mention things like ohh in 2010 in Dec so and so said this behind his back. ohh and and in 2012 so and so tried to pull a fast on me and this what ppl think about that guy...and on and on and on with this vivitrol. but yet he doesn't want any negativity. I remember someone asked a question on the podcast about crypto currency and he said "no comment" what he can't talk about bitcoin or dogecoin? Maybe the spirit of Satoshi told him to say that...
I think all of the 'no comment' type of things are a combo of him being paranoid plus him knowing that he may have to be used in court again in the future. I don't think he wants to be talking about what type of money he's holding or taking down (same with the 'no comment' about what type of watches he likes When he 'no commented' what his favorite restaurant was in the Bronx, for example, that told me that him or members of his (blood) family probably still frequent that restaurant and he doesn't want anyone to know he's still around, or where he hangs out when he does come into the city.

That's another thing - I feel like they've alluded to him NOT being in the tri-state area a bunch of times but it's pretty clear when he lets things drop that he's going out to dinner with Tom in the city, or you see his Daughter (who is local) hop on camera - he's still around the area, most likely full time.

I chalk it up to him being paranoid, plus him being careful with certain things that may be used against him vis-a-vis his cooperation agreement/credibility in the future, because his stint as a witness may not be over yet.
Good points all around, this is my view as well. JP is being smart about things at this time, I dont fault him for that.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:39 am

answering a question bout cryptocurrency is not going to send you back to the clink. even say, "I know what it is but don't invest"...
Agree to disagree. I understand your point of view. if you want to be such a private person why do a podcast, ig, create a blog...I just dnt buy this humility he's showing.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:10 am
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:26 am
Hired_Goonz wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:51 pm What would be the problem with talking to a 19 year old girl anyway?
Exactly
well for one the age gap... I mean a 20 plus yr difference is not common, but it's not unusual either, usually they are older like say mid 20s, 30, 40s not 19 and 40 something. I mean she just turned to an adult last yr right out of high school, cmon now. also, she's from a different country. can't find a 19 yr old or younger girl where you live? just bc It's legal doesn't make it less odd especially if your John pennisi.
Bit different over here with the age of consent, 16 or 17 would be creepy, but if I was 40 odd and single I'd 100% try to fuck an 18 year old :lol:
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

elasticman wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:31 pm In my book, you get points for staying out of the can.
This kid 'ere. He never ran a bakery.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

I know we've been over this before pal but he was wasn't a wiseguy when he went away. 17 years is a fucking long time, but it's not like he took it on the chin he tried to commit suicide, now obviously nobody in the Mafia knew about it so I see why he was involved with the talent pool dwindling, you'd think a guy doing that kind of time would be mentally strong
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:19 am I think of Wiseguys as being capable of anything.
And thats where youre missing the point. Or the Pennisi, as they say.

Wiseguys are just a reflection of society. You get some tough, some not so. Some rich, some not so.

All this ten years ago he never blah blah blah talk is just that. Talk.
You dont think there were brokersters in the 60's? Lefty Ruggerio never 'had two dimes' to rub together. Yeah so he clipped people, but dont say there werent broke mobsters.

This is why Pennisi got made, he did 17 in the can. Now you can work on getting the guy rich, or training him to clip people, but you cant work on loyalty. And a guy whos stood up for 17 at a young age, is the best bet on loyalty you can make. Everything else can be taught. And when youre in the mob, and there's a life sentence always in the background, how r you going to bet?

People can make all the monday morning quaterback calls there are about Pennisi. But after his bid, Anyone of the five wouldve had him in.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:19 pm I know we've been over this before pal but he was wasn't a wiseguy when he went away. 17 years is a fucking long time, but it's not like he took it on the chin he tried to commit suicide, now obviously nobody in the Mafia knew about it so I see why he was involved with the talent pool dwindling, you'd think a guy doing that kind of time would be mentally strong
He also never opted to go into Seg and did his time in GP. Which says ALOT.
So painting him as some sort of mental weakling or pussy because he tried to commit suicide is wrong. He did his 17 with General Population. Whcih means he did it the hard way. Thats the truth of his bid, which in perspective terms = he did his time. And it wasnt a small bid.

You cant dismiss it.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:24 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:19 pm I know we've been over this before pal but he was wasn't a wiseguy when he went away. 17 years is a fucking long time, but it's not like he took it on the chin he tried to commit suicide, now obviously nobody in the Mafia knew about it so I see why he was involved with the talent pool dwindling, you'd think a guy doing that kind of time would be mentally strong
He also never opted to go into Seg and did his time in GP. Which says ALOT.
So painting him as some sort of mental weakling or pussy because he tried to commit suicide is wrong. He did his 17 with General Population. Whcih means he did it the hard way. Thats the truth of his bid, which in perspective terms = he did his time. And it wasnt a small bid.

You cant dismiss it.
Why would he be in seg? I'm not saying he's a pussy, that's hard time, I'm explaining why the Mafia would think he's mentally stronger then he is.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:20 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:19 am I think of Wiseguys as being capable of anything.
And thats where youre missing the point. Or the Pennisi, as they say.

Wiseguys are just a reflection of society. You get some tough, some not so. Some rich, some not so.

All this ten years ago he never blah blah blah talk is just that. Talk.
You dont think there were brokersters in the 60's? Lefty Ruggerio never 'had two dimes' to rub together. Yeah so he clipped people, but dont say there werent broke mobsters.

This is why Pennisi got made, he did 17 in the can. Now you can work on getting the guy rich, or training him to clip people, but you cant work on loyalty. And a guy whos stood up for 17 at a young age, is the best bet on loyalty you can make. Everything else can be taught. And when youre in the mob, and there's a life sentence always in the background, how r you going to bet?

People can make all the monday morning quaterback calls there are about Pennisi. But after his bid, Anyone of the five wouldve had him in.

That was one of the points I made. That, what was he gonna do? Tell on himself? Him doing time, didnt really indicate loyalty to anyone. It's not like he took a fall for a crew or a buddy, like how do you mean? Also, loyalty is a 2 way street. It went out the window over some chick none of these guys were married to. I mean, It's like that cooperator Morena did a ton of time too......I'm sure there are other examples.....

Also, you cant compare a guy with 20 plus HITS for the FAMILY, with essentially a crime of passion. I'm not sure if they know how Pennissi would react if sent on a hit. HOW capable he is.

Usually if you are a brokester, you are pretty feared. Pennisi was JUST well liked, but at the end of the day, it didnt exempt him from intra- family petty intrigues. That's not nearly enough in the mob, or on the streets in general.....

Now, after having said all that, we got more than a couple examples of guys being made for weird reasons. And two of these accounts come from Pennisi himself. Spirito and his buddies, the guy who Pennisi says saved someone's life in the can, the Bonnano guy who was made so he WOULDNT get extorted. In fact, it's a consistent theme with the cooperators.... guys getting made more for politics than merit.

Like I said before, prisons and jails are overflowing with gangbangers that do tons of time. Street guys validate them, yes. But mob guys are supposed to be the best criminals. At the end of the day, they really didnt vet him properly, didnt test him enough. Like I dont think HE really wanted it. Certainly not all the headaches.