Jimmy Calandras latest comments

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Jbravo
Straightened out

Re: Jimmy Calandras latest comments

Post by Jbravo »

Bluehouse is 100% correct
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

When is this book going to come out/That documentary he did was aired in 2014 and was probably filmed in 2012 so its been almost 10 years and still no book
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Spero went back and forth between being like an alderman for that neighborhood (figuratively), to running a fairly big crew, to being in the sitting admin of the family. I always found it a little unbelievable he had much involvement with these kids. I think a couple of them like Adamo he knew on a level deeper than criminal activity...legit friend of the family, watched him grow up, etc. but outside of that you'd think he'd be too busy to have anything to do with these kids antics, maybe besides taking money from them and punishing them when they caused problems.

But..It's funny though that Spero had so much influence and was such a big neighborhood figure, yet these kids were gunning down other teenagers in broad daylight blocks away from Spero's "HQ" and he wasn't able to reign them in after one or two egregious shootings?

The Adamo kid that Calandra talks about sounds like a real piece of shit. A crack smoking loser who got himself killed botching the robbery of a coke dealer. So many scumbags in the 80s and 90s its not even funny
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

newera_212 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:57 pm Spero went back and forth between being like an alderman for that neighborhood (figuratively), to running a fairly big crew, to being in the sitting admin of the family. I always found it a little unbelievable he had much involvement with these kids. I think a couple of them like Adamo he knew on a level deeper than criminal activity...legit friend of the family, watched him grow up, etc. but outside of that you'd think he'd be too busy to have anything to do with these kids antics, maybe besides taking money from them and punishing them when they caused problems.

But..It's funny though that Spero had so much influence and was such a big neighborhood figure, yet these kids were gunning down other teenagers in broad daylight blocks away from Spero's "HQ" and he wasn't able to reign them in after one or two egregious shootings?

The Adamo kid that Calandra talks about sounds like a real piece of shit. A crack smoking loser who got himself killed botching the robbery of a coke dealer. So many scumbags in the 80s and 90s its not even funny
I've always assumed that they mostly dealt with Benanti and only occasionally met with Spero. I don't know why someone that high up would care to meet with young, low-level associates. When I asked Calandra about it on YouTube, he was evasive with his answer.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

Yeah...Calandra said it wasn't that big a deal to get made but he sure looked awe struck in front of Sammy...
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

lil georgie was a kid who got fucked up after his father was murdered by gas et. al. his fathers aka was georgie crow bar..the kid was a good boy ,who could not handle his dad dying and turned to drugs and all bullshit that went with it..yes he was a crack head. but a sad story his mother was devastated by losing both
dreww
Associate

Post by dreww »

bronx wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:25 pm lil georgie was a kid who got fucked up after his father was murdered by gas et. al. his fathers aka was georgie crow bar..the kid was a good boy ,who could not handle his dad dying and turned to drugs and all bullshit that went with it..yes he was a crack head. but a sad story his mother was devastated by losing both

That’s sad af. I’m so happy gaspipe died behind bars where he belonged.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

bronx wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:25 pm lil georgie was a kid who got fucked up after his father was murdered by gas et. al. his fathers aka was georgie crow bar..the kid was a good boy ,who could not handle his dad dying and turned to drugs and all bullshit that went with it..yes he was a crack head. but a sad story his mother was devastated by losing both
damn now I feel kind of bad for saying that lol

colandra told another pretty fucked up story yesterday involving george conte killing some kid, and also name dropped who he thought raped that cop’s wife (the one the Fappiano guy got locked up over). so much craziness packed into that little area, it really is insane
Nepa31
Straightened out

Post by Nepa31 »

bluehouse wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:53 pm
newera_212 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:58 pm Im beginning to think that Spero and Benanti’s involvement with these kids was overstated, to say the least.
I always said that Bennetti was a brokstar and had these kids under him and just took a piece of their earnings but didnt school them and take them under their wing.Also in 1 of the videos callandra is talking to some huy about Fabrizio and that hes getting out in 3 years and doing well.So that means he probably is still friends with a made guy even though he snitched
Absolutely no way in hell would Fabrizio speak to Calandra. You have a better chance of meeting god. I also know from Jimmy’s own mouth that he has not spoken to Fabrizio since everything went down. I did time with Fabrizio, worked out with him almost everyday for 3 years. Trust me, he can’t stand being associated with those assholes.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Nepa31 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:47 am
newera_212 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:58 pm Im beginning to think that Spero and Benanti’s involvement with these kids was overstated, to say the least.
I always said that Bennetti was a brokstar and had these kids under him and just took a piece of their earnings but didnt school them and take them under their wing.Also in 1 of the videos callandra is talking to some huy about Fabrizio and that hes getting out in 3 years and doing well.So that means he probably is still friends with a made guy even though he snitched
Absolutely no way in hell would Fabrizio speak to Calandra. You have a better chance of meeting god. I also know from Jimmy’s own mouth that he has not spoken to Fabrizio since everything went down. I did time with Fabrizio, worked out with him almost everyday for 3 years. Trust me, he can’t stand being associated with those assholes.
Is Defrancisci doing life?
Nepa31
Straightened out

Post by Nepa31 »

No. He gets out in a few years
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Nepa31 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:16 pm No. He gets out in a few years
He took like a 30 yr plea am I right? Took the weight of it all imo. That whole crew. The thing about Calandra is in one episode he speaks of Fabrizio getting out soon as if like they are pen pals or on some speaking terms of som sort. And I don't even think it was him that shot that lady in that robbery. Idk for certain, but I believe it was Reynolds who said the gun went off by accident. And Fabrizio took a plea and imo is one of the youngest guys to ever stand tall like in modern CN.
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:28 pm
Nepa31 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:16 pm No. He gets out in a few years
He took like a 30 yr plea am I right? Took the weight of it all imo. That whole crew. The thing about Calandra is in one episode he speaks of Fabrizio getting out soon as if like they are pen pals or on some speaking terms of som sort. And I don't even think it was him that shot that lady in that robbery. Idk for certain, but I believe it was Reynolds who said the gun went off by accident. And Fabrizio took a plea and imo is one of the youngest guys to ever stand tall like in modern CN.
He also got made right before he went to prison and at his young age he probably thought he was getting brownie points for keeping his mouth shut. At least he can stand tall when he gets out from doing whatever 30 some odd years.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

dreww wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:45 pm

That’s sad af. I’m so happy gaspipe died behind bars where he belonged.
The paranoid lunatic who almost single handedly destroyed the Lucchese crime family.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Nepa31 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:47 am
Is he pissed off at reynolds and calco killing paulie g or does he understand it had to be done?