General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:14 am
Villain wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:13 am
PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:12 am
Villain wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:10 am
Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:00 am Turk Torello was an "unindicted co-conspirator" in the 1983 indictments. Turk and then LaPietra are mentioned as being the contacts for the Chiavolas.
Snakes do you have any information if Ferriola had any Vegas interests or involvment during late 1970s or even early 80s? I personally couldnt find any regarding that same time period...
Isn’t there that photo of Ferriola resisting arrest, or whatever, taken by the LVPD?
Yeah i remember that pic but i have no idea if it was from Vegas....thanks
I remember it being from Vegas, but maybe I have my wires crossed.
Thanks again, although that pic was from the 60s right?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

It is from Vegas. He was traveling there with Frank Buccieri, if I remember correctly. I'm on my phone now but I will post more when I'm able
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:16 am
Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:00 am Turk Torello was an "unindicted co-conspirator" in the 1983 indictments. Turk and then LaPietra are mentioned as being the contacts for the Chiavolas.
Snakes do you have any information if Ferriola had any Vegas interests or involvment during late 1970s or even early 80s? I personally couldnt find any regarding that same time period...
Isn’t there that photo of Ferriola resisting arrest, or whatever, taken by the LVPD?
At the moment, I don’t remember the exact year, but I was thinking it was sometime in the 70s.

FWIW, Frank Cullotta stated on several occasions that Spilotro was close to both Turk and Joe Nagal. My impression is that the Buccieri crew had some stake in the Vegas operations, and thus, even though he was technically under Lombardo, Spilotro also answered to them, at least informally. Additionally, it seems to me that when Lombardo went away that Ferriola took over as “street boss” (aka Enforcer), a position that Lombardo had been holding. I suppose that it’s possible that he also inherited Spilotro at that point.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I think early seventies for the Ferriola mug.

Turk was spotted meeting with Spilotro on several occasions in the seventies.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Does anyone else think Frank Buccieri was CI? The guy never did time and in the early 2000s he did a secret interview on some Vegas documentary where his face was covered up. After I saw that, it made me think. Someone like Accardo would never do something like that.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:25 am
At the moment, I don’t remember the exact year, but I was thinking it was sometime in the 70s.

FWIW, Frank Cullotta stated on several occasions that Spilotro was close to both Turk and Joe Nagal. My impression is that the Buccieri crew had some stake in the Vegas operations, and thus, even though he was technically under Lombardo, Spilotro also answered to them, at least informally. Additionally, it seems to me that when Lombardo went away that Ferriola took over as “street boss” (aka Enforcer), a position that Lombardo had been holding. I suppose that it’s possible that he also inherited Spilotro at that point.
Yup, theres even a pic of Torello and Spilotro together with their wives.

My question is on whether Ferriola kept his interests in Vegas after Torellos death or when LaPietra took Torellos spot as territorial boss? To me it seems that LaPietra inherited Torellos Vegas interests since he was seen in 79 together with Cerone and Lombardo having meetings with other family bosses regarding the same scheme....
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:56 am
PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:25 am

Yup, theres even a pic of Torello and Spilotro together with their wives.

My question is on whether Ferriola kept his interests in Vegas after Torellos death or when LaPietra took Torellos spot as territorial boss? To me it seems that LaPietra inherited Torellos Vegas interests since he was seen in 79 together with Cerone and Lombardo having meetings with other family bosses regarding the same scheme....
Given that both Ferriola and LaPietra were "successors" to the broader Buccieri/Torello faction, I wonder if they split or partnered on the Vegas ops. They may have both inherited a piece of it from Torello. The exact nature of trhe relationships over the years between the Fifi boys remains a very interesting topic, and all of our discussions on this go to show that our understanding of the exact dynamics of succession and authority in this faction is still a but murky. I wonder also if Ferriola and LaPietra split some of the "Enforcer" duties as well in the 80's, given that both the Wild Bunch and Frank Calabrese were directed to carry out hits.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:26 am Given that both Ferriola and LaPietra were "successors" to the broader Buccieri/Torello faction, I wonder if they split or partnered on the Vegas ops. They may have both inherited a piece of it from Torello. The exact nature of trhe relationships over the years between the Fifi boys remains a very interesting topic, and all of our discussions on this go to show that our understanding of the exact dynamics of succession and authority in this faction is still a but murky. I wonder also if Ferriola and LaPietra split some of the "Enforcer" duties as well in the 80's, given that both the Wild Bunch and Frank Calabrese were directed to carry out hits.
Nicely said bud, meaning the situation regarding the succession is a lot murkier and thats why i always like to keep it simple in situations like this one, meaning when we go deeper into details, the situation usually gets even more complicated but as some say, the truth is in the details....for example, sources say that Ferriola shouldve succeeded Torello but there was some problem and because of that same "problem", Ferriola was pushed back and LaPietra took over. So the question is, what was that same problem which prohibited Ferriola from taking over Torellos place? I personally, still cannot find any evidence or details regarding this claim...

Another interesting situation is, LaPietra sponsoring Infelise. We know Calabrese said that the Cicero and Chinatown crews were two separate factions but theres also some contradiction according to the previous info.

Maybe we should also investigate if later there was some type of close relation between Ferriola/Infelise and Jimmy LaPietra.....
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Maybe they used to have limits on how many guys could be capos? Remember that Lombardo took Battaglia's "spot" when he died which makes it sound like only a limited number of guys could be capos at one time. If so, it seems that they changed this to a less rigid number at some point in the 80s.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:59 am Maybe they used to have limits on how many guys could be capos? Remember that Lombardo took Battaglia's "spot" when he died which makes it sound like only a limited number of guys could be capos at one time. If so, it seems that they changed this to a less rigid number at some point in the 80s.
I agree, especially regarding the 80s
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Another interesting thing to note is that in 1980, Ferriola together with the LaPietra brothers, Angelo and Jimmy, were called to testify before a Milwaukee committee regarding the Las Vegas scheme....
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

That photo was indeed in Vegas. Ferriola was there with Frank Buccieri and both were arrested. Ferriola resisted.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

It is also interesting to note regarding one specific part of the old interview with Denono in the Crime Inc documentary about the birthright of gangsters, and in it Denono describes on how Chicago's points of the Vegas scheme were distributed among the crews but Denono didnt use the term "crews" but instead he said "families" like the North Side (Rush St) and West Side (Melrose Park) and that everyone would get their shares.
southside tony
Prospect

Post by southside tony »

What is the make-up of today's Chicago Outfit. I hear DeLaurentis is the boss with Albie Vena 2nd in command, but after that it gets fuzzy
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

southside tony wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:51 am What is the make-up of today's Chicago Outfit. I hear DeLaurentis is the boss with Albie Vena 2nd in command, but after that it gets fuzzy
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=823

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6465