Gene Borello Arrested - No Bail

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Gene Borello Arrested - No Bail

Post by Etna »

Uncle Pete wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:43 pm Is the only source for Gene catching a beating some poster on another forum?

“I want this fucking rumor proved, or disproved!”
Yes, that's all we have. I saw it on Gangsterbb, so it could be bullshit considering the source.

Sorry, I figured I'd put it out there in case anyone else may have heard anything.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Yeah the guy who posted it came back later and said the guys that told him the story hate Gene, so he wasn’t sure if they were serious.

Honestly though, Gene could use a good ass whooping or 5, so I wouldn’t be angry if it’s true. Maybe it would finally humble him. He thinks he can throw his weight around as a tough guy despite informing on guys like Ronnie G and Vinnie fucking Asaro. I’ve said it several times before but he shoulda took the 20-25 years or whatever he was originally looking at. They’d probably make him when he got out in his late 50s *and* he’d be able to sleep at night. I legit think Gene is haunted by his cooperation.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:23 pm Yeah the guy who posted it came back later and said the guys that told him the story hate Gene, so he wasn’t sure if they were serious.

Honestly though, Gene could use a good ass whooping or 5, so I wouldn’t be angry if it’s true. Maybe it would finally humble him. He thinks he can throw his weight around as a tough guy despite informing on guys like Ronnie G and Vinnie fucking Asaro. I’ve said it several times before but he shoulda took the 20-25 years or whatever he was originally looking at. They’d probably make him when he got out in his late 50s *and* he’d be able to sleep at night. I legit think Gene is haunted by his cooperation.
You can tell him flipping eats him alive.. and you can also tell he hasn’t changed one bit and doesn’t have any regrets or remorse about his crimes... but I feel that way about basically everyone who has flipped.. they’re all complete self serving ego maniacs.. I’m trying to think of 1 person who’s flipped who doesn’t hate themselves over it/ are bitter...
flipping shouldn’t even be allowed by the feds, shit honestly causes them more problems trying to baby sit these cooperators who are still constantly getting into trouble, when half their cooperation usually doesn’t do that much to even help the feds... like I’m sure Ronnie g was going to go down and get similar time even if gene didn’t rat him out... a lot of these rats can’t even be used on the stand cause they have worse histories and credibility issues than the criminals they’re telling on...
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:23 pm Yeah the guy who posted it came back later and said the guys that told him the story hate Gene, so he wasn’t sure if they were serious.

And I’m so sick of them all using the same line saying that the life is just full of lies, backstabbing and deceit... well if that was the case then why did these guys continue living in this horrible life for decades if that’s the truth.. they only say that shit when they’re facing serious time... and most of the rats who use that line were the most grimy cheats and thieves when they were in the life... then all the sudden they cry victim.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Etna wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:51 pm
Uncle Pete wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:43 pm Is the only source for Gene catching a beating some poster on another forum?

Yes, that's all we have. I saw it on Gangsterbb, so it could be bullshit considering the source.

Sorry, I figured I'd put it out there in case anyone else may have heard anything.
Huh. Interesting. I bet if you dig enough, you'd be able to find the source of this rumor. But, hey, what do I know. It's more fun riding the coattails of an unproven rumor.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

chubby wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:48 pm I’m trying to think of 1 person who’s flipped who doesn’t hate themselves over it/ are bitter...
Ron Previte.Not only was he an FBI informant he admitted being a state police informant before just because they paid him $300 a week he wasnt even facing jailtime.Also he said right from the start he knew the life was bullshit and backstabbing and he only went in because he tried to make as much money as possible and the only loyalty he had was for himself
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

It’s funny to think how Gene is always saying how Ronnie G always blocked Him from getting his button, He doesn’t realize that even if his name went around I’m sure a bunch of people would say NO because of certain shit he was Doing .You think the bosses 20-30 years ago that were living in HB would allow that to happen ??...... NO WAY
I’m shocked they let him do those house robberies in HB. I’m shocked no sit down with the gambinos after he hit some of those guys ....

Second People are putting in 10,15 plus years in before getting proposed For membership and he is expecting it get it after acouple years...... LOL
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

IMO Borrello was never going to be made. Palmaccio literally gave him Vicodin after he torched that guys car doesn’t look like a well respected person. Penisi in one of his interviews said people where getting shelved left and right for drugs.

The mob May of lowered its standards but I doubt they would’ve made him. But yet again I’m not out there with the mob committing violent break ins and wrecking my brain with drugs
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Dave65827 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:40 pm IMO Borrello was never going to be made. Palmaccio literally gave him Vicodin after he torched that guys car doesn’t look like a well respected person. Penisi in one of his interviews said people where getting shelved left and right for drugs.

The mob May of lowered its standards but I doubt they would’ve made him. But yet again I’m not out there with the mob committing violent break ins and wrecking my brain with drugs
I agree. Gene Borrello has too much self esteem issues. He wears his own mugshot on a tshirt. It is pathetic. His crimes as a Bonanno associate were on the low end of petty. He wasn't a very respected guy.He was a common junkie and a street thug. To me it comes across like Borrello is extremely jealous of present day LCN made guys because he was never made (or couldn't be). Straight up jealousy. Jealous Nicholas Festa “Pudgie,” was an actual earner, jealous of his rank, and jealous he didn't flip.

I also feel like the big difference between John Pennisi and Gene Borrello is that Pennisi does not come across as a thug, he's articulate in a way that the Borrellos of the mafia world are not. As a result Pennisi's of the mafia world can move in social circles that Borrellos of the mafia world never could which opens doors that are unavailable to the Borrellos of the mafia world.

And it's obvious Borrello resents LCN made guys for all of the above. Borrello seem to do the “I WAS THE LAST VIOLENT ITALIAN AMERICAN GANGSTER” impression and says if you didn’t baseball batted anyone “you ain’t a tough guy”. Which to me is ridiculous and pathetic.
Last edited by Nick Prango on Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

chubby wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:51 pm

And I’m so sick of them all using the same line saying that the life is just full of lies, backstabbing and deceit... well if that was the case then why did these guys continue living in this horrible life for decades if that’s the truth.. they only say that shit when they’re facing serious time... and most of the rats who use that line were the most grimy cheats and thieves when they were in the life... then all the sudden they cry victim.
I totally agree. All of them cry victim. They are all lucky because In 2021, the LCN crime families wouldn’t have anything to gain by clipping these rats. Even if they could get away with it, which is borderline impossible with GPS tracking and constant surveillance, they would hardly get anything out of it. We don't know their official policy, but it seems as though murdering rats just brings too much heat on them, so they don't. They wouldn't have anything to gain from doing it except for alot of heat and media coverage. The mafia in general kills a lot less than it used to for the same reason.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Steve crea told a made guy flat out dont go after a rat that was living up in Manchester nh. It's not that far. From nyc 5hrs. The guy wanted his revenge think the rat was john riggi son in law. Crea said no
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Pennisi said on one of his shows that the only time he could see an informant this day and age getting into physical trouble would be if he ran into an actual crew out on the street. Like in a bar or pizzeria. And that’s because it would be a humiliation to the crew if word got out that they saw a rat and didn’t act. Everyone would be scared they would get in trouble with their superior and that pressure would force them to do something.

But if it’s just 1 or 2 guys...different story. Pennisi said he had 2 run ins with individual wiseguys since he cooperated. Once at a mall and once at his daughters friends birthday party. I think he said the guy at the mall acknowledged him, because they literally accidentally bumped into each other. And the guy at the kids party wouldn’t look at him.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:15 am Pennisi said on one of his shows that the only time he could see an informant this day and age getting into physical trouble would be if he ran into an actual crew out on the street. Like in a bar or pizzeria. And that’s because it would be a humiliation to the crew if word got out that they saw a rat and didn’t act. Everyone would be scared they would get in trouble with their superior and that pressure would force them to do something.

But if it’s just 1 or 2 guys...different story. Pennisi said he had 2 run ins with individual wiseguys since he cooperated. Once at a mall and once at his daughters friends birthday party. I think he said the guy at the mall acknowledged him, because they literally accidentally bumped into each other. And the guy at the kids party wouldn’t look at him.
Yeah. Pennisi also said that Alite was beaten up by LCN guys in some New York restaurant in his first New Theory interview. Alite was also beaten up in strip club by Albanians
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

mafiastudent wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:03 pm
Etna wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:51 pm

Huh. Interesting. I bet if you dig enough, you'd be able to find the source of this rumor. But, hey, what do I know. It's more fun riding the coattails of an unproven rumor.

Here's a link to the thread. The poster gave nothing and is now banned. Plus some other really fucked up things were discussed.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbth ... 166&page=1
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

For the record the first I place I saw this rumor about Gene was from Jeff Lowman. It doesn't mean its not true, but it certainly doesn't add any credibility to the rumor. I saw him mention it before it appeared on BB.
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.