Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Dave65827 »

The guy Peter Gerace Jr is charged with sex & Drug Trafficking and his ex wife is cooperating with authorities. Wonder if he flips and gives up everything
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

^^^
Oops forgot the paragraph above:

“The two Geraces are the nephews of Joseph Todaro Jr, a man who court documents say is capo of the Buffalo mob.”
thesociety 89
Straightened out

Post by thesociety 89 »

If he is the boss, it's not going to be for very long is it.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Is Grace made?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

TommyGambino wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:41 pm Is Grace made?
Miami Herald said this of him...make of it what you will.

"Gerace is among six men targeted by federal prosecutors who have called the group the “Italian Organized Crime” family of Western New York.

Peter G. Gerace Jr., a top member of an alleged New York crime family, is arrested in Fort Lauderdale."
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Cheech wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:03 pm federal prosecutors who have called the group the “Italian Organized Crime” family of Western New York.

isn't this what you two have been waiting for?
No. The devil is in the details. And what's actually happened here - the few people and their crimes - are exactly what the FBI said it was 15 years ago.

"Small numbers of loosely associated people committing Mafia style crimes."

That describes the Geraces, Militello, Mesecchia, and Bella to...a ...T.
Cheech wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:05 pm Pogo/Wiseguy

Plenty of people have laid out nicely what's going on up there. the rebuttal is Detroit 2005. real deal this and real deal that.

I wish you two would take off the blinders from back then and see this from a new lense. respect both of you on your OC knowledge. I think the past is clouding your judgement on this one.

and I think you both know me as not some fan boy that hopes there's a mafia in buffalo
Maybe you need to take a few days and read through this thread again. We've explained over and over and over again exactly why this doesn't pass the smell test and we don't believe the hype. And it goes waaaaay beyond the Detroit debates on the RD. Most of the points we've made have been ignored rather than really addressed, since people have no rebuttal for them.

And might I add, people accuse us of always blindly following the feds. It
stubbs wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:07 pm My guess is the Buffalo area DA and feds are ready to start arresting some guys (like they just did with Gerace), so they’re leaning on their newspaper contacts to start building up the hype again about the Buffalo mob. Gotta taint that potential jury pool ahead of time so they can get some convictions. Not to mention more hype equals bigger budgets and more promotions.

We’ll probably know the answer to this entire debate very soon if we see some real Rico cases or not. If there is a formal structure, the DOJ will spell it out in their eventual press release.

My guess is this is all more hype than substance. I mean, the charges are probably real, but it’s interesting how the newspapers are just asking if the Buffalo mob exists, as opposed to clearly stating that it does exist. They’re using broad terms like “Italian organized crime” as opposed to clearly stating, “Gerace is a reputed member of the Todaro Family”.

All of that, to me, speaks volumes. Then again, we’ll know pretty soon if I’m wrong.
Unless I missed something, it was the one article labeling Gerace a "member" and, as we know, journalists are notoriously lazy with throwing around "member" and other titles in a rather generic sense. All I've seen elsewhere is that they are nephews of Todaro. Not actually formally inducted members of the Buffalo LCN. Now if that's alleged in any actual charges, that's a different story.
All roads lead to New York.
elasticman
On Record

Post by elasticman »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:48 pm
Cheech wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:03 pm federal prosecutors who have called the group the “Italian Organized Crime” family of Western New York.

No. The devil is in the details. And what's actually happened here - the few people and their crimes - are exactly what the FBI said it was 15 years ago.

Plenty of people have laid out nicely what's going on up there. the rebuttal is Detroit 2005. real deal this and real deal that.

I wish you two would take off the blinders from back then and see this from a new lense. respect both of you on your OC knowledge. I think the past is clouding your judgement on this one.

and I think you both know me as not some fan boy that hopes there's a mafia in buffalo
Maybe you need to take a few days and read through this thread again. We've explained over and over and over again exactly why this doesn't pass the smell test and we don't believe the hype. And it goes waaaaay beyond the Detroit debates on the RD. Most of the points we've made have been ignored rather than really addressed, since people have no rebuttal for them.

stubbs wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:07 pm My guess is the Buffalo area DA and feds are ready to start arresting some guys (like they just did with Gerace), so they’re leaning on their newspaper contacts to start building up the hype again about the Buffalo mob. Gotta taint that potential jury pool ahead of time so they can get some convictions. Not to mention more hype equals bigger budgets and more promotions.

We’ll probably know the answer to this entire debate very soon if we see some real Rico cases or not. If there is a formal structure, the DOJ will spell it out in their eventual press release.

My guess is this is all more hype than substance. I mean, the charges are probably real, but it’s interesting how the newspapers are just asking if the Buffalo mob exists, as opposed to clearly stating that it does exist. They’re using broad terms like “Italian organized crime” as opposed to clearly stating, “Gerace is a reputed member of the Todaro Family”.

All of that, to me, speaks volumes. Then again, we’ll know pretty soon if I’m wrong.
Unless I missed something, it was the one article labeling Gerace a "member" and, as we know, journalists are notoriously lazy with throwing around "member" and other titles in a rather generic sense. All I've seen elsewhere is that they are nephews of Todaro. Not actually formally inducted members of the Buffalo LCN. Now if that's alleged in any actual charges, that's a different story.
It does seem like the prosecutors are trying to get away with lots of innuendo about LCN and the Buffalo family, without actually bringing any charges that would force them to prove that there is an active hierarchy.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

elasticman wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:52 pmIt does seem like the prosecutors are trying to get away with lots of innuendo about LCN and the Buffalo family, without actually bringing any charges that would force them to prove that there is an active hierarchy.
I agree, which may surprise a lot of people. The prosecutor in this case seems to be playing fast and loose with the descriptions and it's not even necessary to get a conviction.

This may be the only time I'll say this in my life, God help me, but the defense attorney is right - the charges don't prove there's still a Buffalo mob with a real functioning hierarchy. What's the connection, if any, to Todaro besides being his nephews? Who do these other "associates" answer to, if anyone, or are we just using that label because it's easy to do if you stretch the definition enough?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:48 pm

What would convince you otherwise?
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

I would say there clearly seems to be an active Italian American Organized Crime Group tied to the Buffalo area with some connections to remaining members of the Buffalo LCN.

To how far that association goes and if they’re apart of a functioning Buffalo Crime Family is still unknown to the public.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Cheech wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:11 pmWhat would convince you otherwise?
Convince me that the Buffalo mob has basically resurrected itself back into existence?

Well, the bar of proof would be pretty high. And I'm not saying that to just be difficult or a stubborn SOB. I'm saying that because such a thing has never happened before. Anyone familiar with LCN history in general, or the past 20 years in Buffalo, should be extremely skeptical of such claims.

The feds would have to lay out at least some semblance of a functioning hierarchy. Prove Todaro is still actively involved and finally indict him, for crying out loud. Show us who the captains are. Name at least a good portion of these other 20 phantom members. Prove the Buffalo mob is really more at this point than a titular boss who just makes pizza all day, a guy who was named underboss but seems to be more a drug trafficker who wanted some formal legitimacy in the world of LCN, and 10 inactive senior citizens.

Also, bring at least the occasional ongoing indictment that shows these guys, and Violi himself frankly, aren't just flashes in the pan. That we're actually talking about a continuing criminal enterprise. Again, not just some ad-hoc, Mafia-style crimes committed by a small number of loosely associated individuals (which is all we see at this point).

Is that too much to ask?
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

I’m glad we got enough ammo the past three days for Buffalo talk to go on for atleast another 100 pages
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Dave65827 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:53 pm The guy Peter Gerace Jr is charged with sex & Drug Trafficking and his ex wife is cooperating with authorities. Wonder if he flips and gives up everything

They allege that happening at his club but he is only actually charged with "conspiracy to defraud the US government". Interesting that the charges are being brought by Homeland Security. In 2012 he was also the subject of a Homeland Security investigation of his club for immigration law violations in the hiring of employees (probably using illegals).

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:12 pm a guy who was named underboss but seems to be more a drug trafficker who wanted some formal legitimacy in the world of LCN, and 10 inactive senior citizens.

People forget that he was only UnderBoss for a few weeks. He was promoted in October and was imprisoned in November. No word on who functioned in that role in the 10 years previous.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:12 pm
Cheech wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:11 pmWhat would convince you otherwise?
Convince me that the Buffalo mob has basically resurrected itself back into existence?

Well, the bar of proof would be pretty high. And I'm not saying that to just be difficult or a stubborn SOB. I'm saying that because such a thing has never happened before. Anyone familiar with LCN history in general, or the past 20 years in Buffalo, should be extremely skeptical of such claims.

The feds would have to lay out at least some semblance of a functioning hierarchy. Prove Todaro is still actively involved and finally indict him, for crying out loud. Show us who the captains are. Name at least a good portion of these other 20 phantom members. Prove the Buffalo mob is really more at this point than a titular boss who just makes pizza all day, a guy who was named underboss but seems to be more a drug trafficker who wanted some formal legitimacy in the world of LCN, and 10 inactive senior citizens.

Also, bring at least the occasional ongoing indictment that shows these guys, and Violi himself frankly, aren't just flashes in the pan. That we're actually talking about a continuing criminal enterprise. Again, not just some ad-hoc, Mafia-style crimes committed by a small number of loosely associated individuals (which is all we see at this point).

Is that too much to ask?
i dont beleive geraci was made , lets see a goverment document that states he was otherwise its just popcorn headlines imo
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo