Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

thesociety 89
Straightened out

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by thesociety 89 »

@NIckleCity....thanks for posting the article chief...most appreciated.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:34 amI dont know why you have such a hard on for this lady. She doesnt pretend to BE an LCN expert. Her expertise is Ndrangheta, specifically Australia.

I'm pretty sure she spoke to the FBI and they told her, theres no Buffalo mafia. Then she spoke to the RCMP and they told her, theres a Buffalo mafia. Because she covets these contacts, she split the baby, played a little politics, so as not to embarrass anyone, and called it a crime family, no longer LCN. What the fuck else COULD you call it? The Violi-Luppino family/clan? What does that even mean? Narco-clan like the Scoppas? But Independent? Its basically indistinguishable from an Ndrine, but this mere comparison actually BOTHERS people, lol.....

This is the shit she was trying to provide an explanation for.

I think it telling the journalist finally felt comfortable to make this front page news.... they must feel where theres smike, there might be a LITTLE fire, just a spark, lol
Like I said, I don't necessarily agree with her theory. But her theory is no more far-fetched than how some people on this forum envision the Buffalo mob today.

I don't know about smoke or fire. This latest article is simply a combination of several previous articles, repackaged and slapped on the front page. And only the average Joe Blow, who doesn't follow the mob, has an excuse to be impressed with it.
NothingNew44 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:14 am This thread will never end.
Once again, look at what happened with the Detroit debates from years ago. That's what will happen here. A whole lot of noise and then...crickets.
NothingNew44 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:20 amMaybe if you provided a fourth 1 people would listen.
You think?
Chris Christie wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:42 am Since I'm on a roll, let me explain the fallacy of The Sixth Family... What we had were two outsiders writing a book. Great writers, very well articulated and the events in the book are neither wrong nor fabricated. But without any informants explaining the inner dynamics the authors were left to create their own narrative based on the dots they connected. This lead to some grandiose story about the Rizzutos as some criminal superFamily where everything they did was some calculated 3d Chess move. Acording to that book everything Nick Rizzuto did from 1972 was a combination of Sun Tzu, Machiavelli and Lord Acton rolled into one. And when Vito was convicted it was described as "a patch of hair being ripped off the head which new hair would soon grow in its place." It then described the Organization as having shed its traditional structure to include this, this, this and that as well has having 300+ affiliated across Canada. 'While the New York Families can lay claim to New York, the Rizzutos can lay claim to the world."

Within years, Sal Montagna shattered that narrative. It was revealed by way of informants that Montreal was a 20-member affiliated crew of the Bonannos.

This is a perfect example of what happens to the narrative when outsiders are left to try and figure things out on their own. We build things up and inflate the hell out of things, not because we're trying to lie or deceive, but because its confusing we try and lay it out the best way we can describe things. But in the end, I'm still a Mafioso who works in the 'Ndranghestisti Wiseguy's store.
I never believed the Rizzuto hype. It's why I got into it a little bit with Lamothe when he posted on the RD. In fact, I think people still overhype Canada as a whole but I digress.
CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:50 amWiseguy insisted they cant be Buffalo, cause theres no structure left
Not only because of the lack of structure. There's almost nobody left. You think it's just a coincidence that a not a single other member, outside of the dozen we know about, has not been identified?
All roads lead to New York.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Announcement.

It's come to Anna Sergi's attention that I was reposting her responses and it turns out she didn't appreciate that. I had no ill intentions, I did as a way of giving her credit. The focus wasn't on her work but solely on Buffalo being labeled as a "former LCN group." Whatever the case, she didn't appreciate it so I took down her posts and would like to make a formal apology for whoever's reading.

It's my mistake, I should have asked her if I could publicly post her responses. I own that.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

So I'm guessing that some busybody snitched?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Whatever the case, I didn't think I was doing anything wrong by quoting her. I thought that was the professional thing to do rather than take her out of context. Admittedly I do feel guilty that she feels betrayed by it. My inquiry was about what she labeled about Buffalo, not what her work centers on.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Got to love the media hype.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 01538.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feds arrest alleged New York crime family leader in South Florida on conspiracy charge

BY JAY WEAVER

MARCH 01, 2021

Federal agents arrested a top member of an alleged New York crime family in Fort Lauderdale in connection with a drug-conspiracy case in Buffalo.

A top member of an alleged New York crime family was arrested Sunday by federal agents in Fort Lauderdale on drug-related conspiracy charges.

Peter G. Gerace Jr., 53, a nephew of reputed Buffalo mob boss Joseph A. Todaro Jr., was taken into custody by Homeland Security Investigations agents Sunday and is scheduled for his first appearance in federal court in Fort Lauderdale Monday morning before his expected transfer to New York.

Gerace is among six men targeted by federal prosecutors who have called the group the “Italian Organized Crime” family of Western New York.

Peter G. Gerace Jr., a top member of an alleged New York crime family, is arrested in Fort Lauderdale.

Gerace Jr. owns a strip club in the Buffalo area, and his brother, Anthony, a former employee at the club, is awaiting sentencing on a weapons charge connected to drug trafficking. They are the nephews of Todaro Jr., who authorities say has headed the local mob, according to the Buffalo News.

Prosecutors identified the Gerace brothers as co-conspirators of Joseph Bongiovanni, a retired U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agent who was arrested in 2019 on charges of accepting $250,000 in bribes to help drug dealers avoid arrest, including some the government says are connected to organized crime. He has pleaded not guilty.

The Buffalo News recently published a story on their case, spotlighting the return of the “Buffalo Mafia.”

Despite some successful prosecutions for murder, bookmaking, loan sharking, drug trafficking, theft and other crimes, the feds have never made a criminal racketeering case against leaders of the alleged Buffalo Mafia organization.

Federal prosecutors, working with Homeland Security and other federal agencies, are taking aim at the alleged crime family.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:44 pm Got to love the media hype.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feds arrest alleged New York crime family leader in South Florida on conspiracy charge

BY JAY WEAVER

MARCH 01, 2021

Federal agents arrested a top member of an alleged New York crime family in Fort Lauderdale in connection with a drug-conspiracy case in Buffalo.

A top member of an alleged New York crime family was arrested Sunday by federal agents in Fort Lauderdale on drug-related conspiracy charges.

Peter G. Gerace Jr., 53, a nephew of reputed Buffalo mob boss Joseph A. Todaro Jr., was taken into custody by Homeland Security Investigations agents Sunday and is scheduled for his first appearance in federal court in Fort Lauderdale Monday morning before his expected transfer to New York.

Gerace is among six men targeted by federal prosecutors who have called the group the “Italian Organized Crime” family of Western New York.

Peter G. Gerace Jr., a top member of an alleged New York crime family, is arrested in Fort Lauderdale.

Gerace Jr. owns a strip club in the Buffalo area, and his brother, Anthony, a former employee at the club, is awaiting sentencing on a weapons charge connected to drug trafficking. They are the nephews of Todaro Jr., who authorities say has headed the local mob, according to the Buffalo News.

Prosecutors identified the Gerace brothers as co-conspirators of Joseph Bongiovanni, a retired U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agent who was arrested in 2019 on charges of accepting $250,000 in bribes to help drug dealers avoid arrest, including some the government says are connected to organized crime. He has pleaded not guilty.

The Buffalo News recently published a story on their case, spotlighting the return of the “Buffalo Mafia.”

Despite some successful prosecutions for murder, bookmaking, loan sharking, drug trafficking, theft and other crimes, the feds have never made a criminal racketeering case against leaders of the alleged Buffalo Mafia organization.

Federal prosecutors, working with Homeland Security and other federal agencies, are taking aim at the alleged crime family.
Here is the Buffalo News article:
Cheektowaga strip club owner arrested in Florida as feds investigate Buffalo Mafia
https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... e43dd7c87d
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:38 pm So I'm guessing that some busybody snitched?

Pogo
Assuming that's what happened, whoever did that can go shit in their hat.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:44 pm Got to love the media hype.

BY JAY WEAVER

MARCH 01, 2021

"New York Crime Family Leader"..."top member"...

This is such horseshit.
All roads lead to New York.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Cheektowaga strip club owner arrested in Florida as feds investigate Buffalo Mafia

Lou Michel
Peter G. Gerace Jr., the nephew of the reputed head of the Buffalo Mafia, was arrested late Sunday night by authorities in Florida and arraigned today in U.S. District Court in Fort Lauderdale.

Gerace, who prosecutors have called an unindicted co-conspirator in a bribery case against a retired Buffalo DEA agent, was arrested in connection with the ongoing federal investigation into "Italian Organized Crime" in Buffalo, a source close to the investigation told The Buffalo News.

Gerace was charged with conspiracy to defraud the United States, according to booking records at the Broward County jail, where he is being held.

Buffalo criminal defense attorney Joel L. Daniels represented Gerace at the arraignment on Zoom. Gerace pleaded not guilty, Daniels said.

"It was a removal hearing and I expect him to be released under certain conditions in the next 24 hours and he will travel back here to Buffalo," Daniels said.

Watch now: Is the mob back? Feds probe Buffalo Mafia after calling it all but deadPlay Video
spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster
↑↓volume mmute
←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60%
U.S. Attorney James P. Kennedy in Buffalo declined to comment except to say Gerace, 53, was arrested on a warrant from the Western District of New York.

Gerace is one of six men whom prosecutors are focusing on in an ongoing widespread investigation of the Buffalo Mafia, The Buffalo News reported Sunday.

Gerace is the owner of Pharaoh's Gentlemen's Club in Cheektowaga, which federal agents raided in 2019. They were executing a search warrant looking for evidence of narcotics and racketeering violations, a prosecutor wrote in court papers.

Gerace is the nephew of Joseph A. Todaro, the owner of La Nova Pizzeria, whom prosecutors and federal agents have said is the head of the Buffalo Mafia. Todaro has not been charged. He told The Buffalo News that the allegations linking him to the Mafia are "nonsense."

+4Is the mob back? Feds probe Buffalo Mafia after calling it all but dead
Is the mob back? Feds probe Buffalo Mafia after calling it all but dead
Attorney Steven M. Cohen, who represents Gerace in a civil case in State Supreme Court, criticized the government for arresting him.

"It is disturbing to me that the federal authorities would arrest him while he is on vacation in Florida," Cohen said. "Each and every time the feds have wanted anything from Peter, in terms of records or access, he has been only too willing to comply. I consider this conduct to be entirely unnecessary and vindictive."

Katrina Nigro, the ex-wife of Gerace, said she was informed Monday by federal authorities that Gerace had been arrested in connection with the investigation into organized crime.

"I feel safer that he is arrested and everyone should feel safer," Nigro said.

She has told The News that she has testified about organized crime before a federal grand jury, but she declined to comment on what she told the grand jury.

In addition to Peter Gerace, his brother Anthony Gerace and a third unidentified person have been listed as unindicted co-conspirators in the case against retired U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration Agent Joseph Bongiovanni, who has been accused of accepting $250,000 in bribes from drug dealers he believes are involved with organized crime.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Brendan Cullinane of Buffalo represented the Western District office on the Zoom call at the arraignment.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

federal prosecutors who have called the group the “Italian Organized Crime” family of Western New York.

isn't this what you two have been waiting for?
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Pogo/Wiseguy

Plenty of people have laid out nicely what's going on up there. the rebuttal is Detroit 2005. real deal this and real deal that.

I wish you two would take off the blinders from back then and see this from a new lense. respect both of you on your OC knowledge. I think the past is clouding your judgement on this one.

and I think you both know me as not some fan boy that hopes there's a mafia in buffalo
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Chris Christie wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:02 pm Wiretaps are enough and we have that. The mafia does things illegally, but maybe we're looking too hard for a criminal operation as opposed to an organization that is open to criminality. The former suggests a Wire/Chris kicking up weekly to Paulie while the latter suggests a group that goes outside the law to protect the economic interests of its members.
I believe this wholeheartedly
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

My guess is the Buffalo area DA and feds are ready to start arresting some guys (like they just did with Gerace), so they’re leaning on their newspaper contacts to start building up the hype again about the Buffalo mob. Gotta taint that potential jury pool ahead of time so they can get some convictions. Not to mention more hype equals bigger budgets and more promotions.

We’ll probably know the answer to this entire debate very soon if we see some real Rico cases or not. If there is a formal structure, the DOJ will spell it out in their eventual press release.

My guess is this is all more hype than substance. I mean, the charges are probably real, but it’s interesting how the newspapers are just asking if the Buffalo mob exists, as opposed to clearly stating that it does exist. They’re using broad terms like “Italian organized crime” as opposed to clearly stating, “Gerace is a reputed member of the Todaro Family”.

All of that, to me, speaks volumes. Then again, we’ll know pretty soon if I’m wrong.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

And I should state that I hope I’m wrong, because it would be far more interesting if it turns out that Todaro is the boss of an active LCN family that has reasserted its control over Hamilton through the Violi brothers.

And that the Violis made a peace agreement with the Rizzutos in Montreal, and in exchange agreed to systematically wipe out the Musitanos in order to assert their control over Hamilton.

If we’re lucky, that DEA agent Bongiovani will flip and rat out the mobsters, allowing us to get a clear picture of things on the street.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

From Sun Sentinel
Nephew of alleged Buffalo mob boss arrested in Fort Lauderdale

The two Geraces are the nephews of Joseph Todaro Jr, a man who court documents say is capo of the Buffalo mob.
Peter Gerace owns a strip club near Buffalo. In an indictment unsealed Monday, prosecutors allege that the club, called Pharaohs, was at the center of a drug and sex trafficking operation that lasted at least a decade. They also say that Gerace bribed a DEA agent into protecting his establishment. The agent, Joseph Bongiovanni, is alleged to have accepted a quarter of a million dollars in bribes as part of the scheme. Bongiovanni has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Here is the link: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/crime ... story.html