New Theory podcast Pennisi part 3

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: New Theory podcast Pennisi part 3

Post by Nick Prango »

joeycigars wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:10 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:57 pm I've never seen someone in the mob so reluctant to commit crimes then Pennisi
Yea I agree ,I wouldn't go near this guy after what he says about that Fight at the strip club , 27 guys fighting 5 knocked out one broken leg,

Pennisi doesn't even land a shot and the WS said he didn't raise his hands at all ,That is enough for any street guy to be suspect let alone all the dogging he was doing , And that speeded up him getting made ???? WTF seems Crea lost it , He made bad decisions in the last few years ,

Pennisi has a way with words and stories a plus I give him that , But peel back the onion .....Posters hate on Alite, But Alite the associate did more in one summer then Pennisi did his whole life , And Im no Alite fan ,
People "hate" John because they guy isn't likeable, just like Gene isn't likable. They have zero charisma, you can tell they ain't too bright and are constantly contradicting themselves etc.

You can say what ever you want about, for example, Sammy but watching one clip on his Youtube will make you laugh at some point. A hand kiss and a adios mofo to close a video.... That's a character.

John and Gene are not likeable and they were nothing more then thugs. Now if you fancy the whole "i was tough and the baddest guy around nonsense" John and Gene are your guys otherwise they just offer nothing. They have no stories what so ever. John and Gene don't really have mob stories, they have stories every random street thug has. Stabbed this guy, robbed this place, shot this guy, dealt drugs -Alite, I was a home invader, i am the last violent Italian American in New York, present day LCN are all pussies and non violent-Borrello.

But the difference between LCN and every other street gang is that LCN infiltrated into legitimate businesses. And John and Gene have zero stories about that, its all i was a tough guy and was involved in drugs, i am the last tough guy in Northeastern USA... That's it, not really interesting and again they are just not likable guys. John Pennisi sounds humble, he has stories about present day LCN activities, made guys and capos and he is not glorifying violence. That is why he is likeable.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:08 am Wonder why the 6 Colombo rats that flipped after 2008 don't try the YouTube shit. Maybe they like the witsec checks
Just imagine if Calabro started giving in-depth interviews or started a tell-all blog about his life of crime, Jesus. Instead of listening to Pennisi talk about brawls outside of strip clubs we could get the straight goods on the Colombo war, the Dols murder, the Cutolo hit etc. Plus we could get some hilarious responses from Tommy Shots on his own blog!

With all this in mind, I'm surprised that a guy like Vitale never wrote a book as of yet. I don't know how well these mob books usually do on the market but I have to think that if he dropped one it would have the potential of being one of the biggest selling ever.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:54 am
Pmac2 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:08 am Wonder why the 6 Colombo rats that flipped after 2008 don't try the YouTube shit. Maybe they like the witsec checks
Just imagine if Calabro started giving in-depth interviews or started a tell-all blog about his life of crime, Jesus. Instead of listening to Pennisi talk about brawls outside of strip clubs we could get the straight goods on the Colombo war, the Dols murder, the Cutolo hit etc. Plus we could get some hilarious responses from Tommy Shots on his own blog!

With all this in mind, I'm surprised that a guy like Vitale never wrote a book as of yet. I don't know how well these mob books usually do on the market but I have to think that if he dropped one it would have the potential of being one of the biggest selling ever.
completely agree, instead we have cutolo jr going around now on his podcast claiming he was made.

Vitale and a tell all from Massino to clear things up would be good.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

JP says actual wiseguys read gangland and he calls Capeci pro wiseguy and a “mob associate” some interesting stuff. I can’t Imagine being a gangster and reading on some obscure website about yourself and your criminal organization

Also can’t believe there on episode 8 and still haven’t gotten to the Q&A like damn
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Gene completletly misses the life.He doesnt care about the money he just desperatley wants to be on the street again.If the most pathetic crew in NY let him join he would go.This is how stupid he is,he says that at the start of his career he was offered to join a Gambino crew but all the guys were old man so he decide to join Ronnie crew.So this idiot could of been in a more powerful family and with much lower risk ( the old men werent going to make him go around shooting people) and also these old guys would of pushed for him to get made asap to have young blood in their crew but he chose ronnies crew because he wanted to be a cowboy.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Also those old men were going to die and retire they probably would of left him all their rackets.But this retard just wanted to go around getting into shootouts with random junkies instead of trying to make money and maybe enter labor racketering
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

The most labor racketeering a guy like Gene would ever be into is if somebody gave him a no-show job.

I don't remember which episode it was or who said it but they were sitting at a table talking about finding new recruits. One guy asked, "Where's our future?" Another guy pointed at Pennisi and said, "You're looking at it." Thought that was pretty funny.
All roads lead to New York.
SB1825
Straightened out

Post by SB1825 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:47 pm The most labor racketeering a guy like Gene would ever be into is if somebody gave him a no-show job.

I don't remember which episode it was or who said it but they were sitting at a table talking about finding new recruits. One guy asked, "Where's our future?" Another guy pointed at Pennisi and said, "You're looking at it." Thought that was pretty funny.
It was Mike DeSantis who said that to Pennisi, as Pennisi’s story goes.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I like getting Gene's take, but it becomes clear every time you hear him that he deeply resents never having been made. In the Luisi/Arilotta interview he tried to get them to agree that being a violent street guy gets more respect than being an earner and they just sort of shrugged it off, saying something about being well-rounded.

I feel for the guy, honestly. He spent his life dedicated to the mafia and he has nothing to show for it in terms of status, rank, cool stories about sitdowns, etc. All he has is a life of street crime that any thug could have done, except he gave some of the money to mafia members. There's a "hierarchy" even in the rat world, where a former underboss, captain, soldier, etc. is going to take center stage over an associate who did what any black gangster does in the hood.

Is Cutolo Jr. really claiming he's made now? This seems like a formula at this point... Larry Mazza, Frank Culotta. Any others who suddenly remembered they were made?
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

B. wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:27 pm I like getting Gene's take, but it becomes clear every time you hear him that he deeply resents never having been made. In the Luisi/Arilotta interview he tried to get them to agree that being a violent street guy gets more respect than being an earner and they just sort of shrugged it off, saying something about being well-rounded.

I feel for the guy, honestly. He spent his life dedicated to the mafia and he has nothing to show for it in terms of status, rank, cool stories about sitdowns, etc. All he has is a life of street crime that any thug could have done, except he gave some of the money to mafia members. There's a "hierarchy" even in the rat world, where a former underboss, captain, soldier, etc. is going to take center stage over an associate who did what any black gangster does in the hood.

Is Cutolo Jr. really claiming he's made now? This seems like a formula at this point... Larry Mazza, Frank Culotta. Any others who suddenly remembered they were made?
Honestly it may have been better for Gene if he where to disappear into Witsec and get his act together as a person. Now he’s destined to make YouTube videos with Alite for the rest of his life. Unlike other mob guys on YouTube they’ve made their money he’s still young and got a long way to go. I think his little fame will get to his head and mix that with his violent street thug tendencies I don’t think it will end good.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I wish the best for him. While some of it is lip service to justify all of this street talk, I hope he takes to heart what he says about kids staying away from crime. He could do some great work with kids in the right setting.

One mistake was doing the first John and Gene episode as a call out toward Michael Franzese. Franzese is a motivational speaker and a showman, but he is a slick, sharp guy. He didn't get sucked in and addressed it like a gentleman. Franzese and Pennisi both put Borello in his place about the whole "caporgime" thing.

You can tell Franzese and Gravano have been talking, looking to work together with their shows. It's funny because the made guys operate more like made guys even with their podcasts. John and Gene call out other mafia podcasts and want to start beefs, while the made guys are like, "How can we work together to make this even bigger?"
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Honestly I’m a mixed about Michael Franceze but I saw like a part of the video where they bash him and it made me cringe. Like they make a big deal about him not being a “tough guy” and him not killing people which I believe he’s done probably more that Alites confirmed body count since he was actually Italian and a capo regime . I think they’re jealous Franceze didn’t have to bat someone to advance his mafia status. Same with that Guy Ori Spado I haven’t watched a single video of his but I get BS vibes from him.

I hope Gene gets his stuff together and doesn’t end up doing stupid shit and get other people hurt.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Dave65827 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:23 am Honestly I’m a mixed about Michael Franceze but I saw like a part of the video where they bash him and it made me cringe. Like they make a big deal about him not being a “tough guy” and him not killing people which I believe he’s done probably more that Alites confirmed body count since he was actually Italian and a capo regime . I think they’re jealous Franceze didn’t have to bat someone to advance his mafia status. Same with that Guy Ori Spado I haven’t watched a single video of his but I get BS vibes from him.

I hope Gene gets his stuff together and doesn’t end up doing stupid shit and get other people hurt.
I couldn’t agree more that Alite and Borrello come off sounding like jealous little bitches from all this. At point, Borello says, “I mean why was Michael even considered to be a Captain in that family?” Well Gene you understand the mafia was primarily interested in making money right? I'm mixed about Michael Franceze too. But Michael never claims to be a killer or a tough guy in any of his interviews that I've seen. Michael made millions for the bosses while John Alite and Gene Borrello were out baseballing degenerates down alleys. John is a narsissist who need's validation like water. Gene is not even a made men and yet he talks like he knows more than Michael. I really don't doubt that Franzese could hold his own on the street with thugs like John and Borrello, Michael never talks about violence but I pretty much guarantee he's been involved in some. And honestly it’s just easier to listen to Micheal.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

B. wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:27 pm I like getting Gene's take, but it becomes clear every time you hear him that he deeply resents never having been made. In the Luisi/Arilotta interview he tried to get them to agree that being a violent street guy gets more respect than being an earner and they just sort of shrugged it off, saying something about being well-rounded.

Yes you're so right lol.Gene has no stories about sitdowns or any mob related activity it was just low level thug shit and what ever crumbs Ronnie was willing to throw at him.And yes there is a heirachy of rats John and gene only have other low level associates.In that trevor mcdonald documentary Micheal dileonardo was with Anthony russo that other fat gambino bank robber and that Gambino wall street guy.
These guys were made guys and at a higher level in LCN so they stuck together.Im guessing massino and al darco wouldn't associate with any of the guys i mentioned in that Trevor mcdonald documentary because even though they were made guys they still never reached boss level
Jezza9009
Associate

Post by Jezza9009 »

Nick Prango wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:03 am
Dave65827 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:23 am Honestly I’m a mixed about Michael Franceze but I saw like a part of the video where they bash him and it made me cringe. Like they make a big deal about him not being a “tough guy” and him not killing people which I believe he’s done probably more that Alites confirmed body count since he was actually Italian and a capo regime . I think they’re jealous Franceze didn’t have to bat someone to advance his mafia status. Same with that Guy Ori Spado I haven’t watched a single video of his but I get BS vibes from him.

I couldn’t agree more that Alite and Borrello come off sounding like jealous little bitches from all this. At point, Borello says, “I mean why was Michael even considered to be a Captain in that family?” Well Gene you understand the mafia was primarily interested in making money right? I'm mixed about Michael Franceze too. But Michael never claims to be a killer or a tough guy in any of his interviews that I've seen. Michael made millions for the bosses while John Alite and Gene Borrello were out baseballing degenerates down alleys. John is a narsissist who need's validation like water. Gene is not even a made men and yet he talks like he knows more than Michael. I really don't doubt that Franzese could hold his own on the street with thugs like John and Borrello, Michael never talks about violence but I pretty much guarantee he's been involved in some. And honestly it’s just easier to listen to Micheal.
What Alite and Borrello do not understand is that what they were doing was the bottom of the ladder, basically. Franzese has alluded to it before, if you were a money maker you were the king on the chessboard, and the others were there to protect you and give you back up, protect the moneymaker. Now there were some like Gravano who were both, but it was very, very rare. And yeah Franzese would probably lose if it were a one vs one with both of them wielding baseball bats, but then again, Franzese would never find himself in that position because he'd have lower ranked goons ( Aka as Alite and Borello) types to protect him/do the dirty work.

While they were doing robberies, Franzese etc and his peers were into white collar crimes, controlled the unions and directed their crews/soldiers from mansions to do their bidding. Now luckily for them a lot of people aren't that schooled on the life and how things work, so they get away with their bullshit podcast. I fucking hate when Alite refers to the Gambinos ''as our family, was a hitman for them, attended meetings etc with captains and up.'' No dude, you didn't. If those guys wanted to talk, you were send outside to take a walk and come back when the -real- guys were done talking.

It's what I really, really like about Pennisi so far.. he seems to be the only guy who hasn't talked himself up or presented himself like somesort of god of violence/money making. He represents the majority of the soldiers amongst the five soldiers, probably.. in a realistic way. I hope he never goes on Alite and Borrelo's show, it's beneath him.