Pete DiFronzo dead from Corona Virus

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Pete DiFronzo dead from Corona Virus

Post by Frank »

The ex cop Steve Mandell said that Pete Difronzo was the Outfit Street boss. I think it would of been after Sarno, if true. I thought John was said to be down stairs and part of the actual killing.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

funkster wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:45 pm
Pete wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:30 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7chicag ... ry/8593184

Good stuff here on an investigation about Pete and the outfit in the mid 90’s. Shows a chart here with a Andrew Lombardo as Joey Lombardo’s messenger. Anyone know more about him?
Christ almighty, Binder's got one hell of a collection. Imagine the shit like those surveillance pics we've never seen.
You ain’t kidding buddy. How does he get access to that shit?
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:04 pm
Pete wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:45 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:33 pm
Pete wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:29 pm
funkster wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:03 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:59 pm
PolackTony wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:36 pm
funkster wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:20 pm I dont believe Gary Gags is dead. He was mentioned by Mags in one of the Fosco interviews a four or five years ago as being someone he was concerned about offending by giving the interview. My guess is he should be considered a likely member. I also find it very hard to fathom that Spina is not also a member.
Yeah I haven't seen anything else stating Gary Gags died so I wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone else had further info. I'm assuming myself that he's alive until proven otherwise.

And agreed on Spina, but stranger things have happened in the world of the Chicago Mafia. I would've absolutely assumed that Marco D'Amico was made as well. If Spina was made, and Vena for that matter, the questions remain of when and by whom and with what sponsors, etc. Seems pretty likely to me that there were making ceremonies that Nicky Calabrese hadn't disclosed either because he didn't know about them or they occurred after he got pinched.

We just have so little to go on for Chicago and huge holes remain in our understanding of their inner workings and hierarchy for significant periods of time. Hopefully some of this will be cleared up in future unredacted versions of the documents that Snakes has referenced. Otherwise we're left waiting for one of the remaining made guys to flip and spill the beans. It's fully possible that the guys left take their secrets to the grave like Lombardo and so many others, and we may very well remain in the dark about much of the Outfit's history.
I don't think he would have even known about the 1988 ceremony if DiForti hadn't been a part of it. I believe that's the whole reason LaPietra forwarded him the info. I believe Nick even went so far as to say that LaPietra was not supposed to have disclosed that information. Chicago obviously had its share of gossips but by keeping the number of made members down, not having more than two significant made snitches within the past 30ish years (only one of whom fully cooperated), and keeping the disclosure of information to a minimum or on a need-to-know basis (even as far as bosses were concerned) has made it extremely difficult to discern the structure of the organization as well as who was made. Obviously, there are sources known only to the FBI (at least until a few more guys croak) that allow for a better understanding but none that has been readily available to the public. All of the above have made it extremely difficult to get an accurate hold on things, even in comparison to tight-lipped families on the East Coast, like the Genovese (whose hierarchy is similarly muddled).
I think this is probably correct. As I recall, he even said there were made guys he heard about in later years that he didnt know at all.

The feds have had zero reason to release an updated number, if there is one, it would be weird if they did.
Yes it seems like the outfit purposely kept a lot of that information unknown to other members. For instance they would use guys from different crews who didn’t know each other. I believe on the spilotro brothers hit there were 3 guys that he had know idea who they were and I don’t believe were ever identified. I believe it was the 3 guys that killed tony. If I remember correctly nick, Louie eboli, and Lou mArino killed Michael while the other 3 guys killed Tony. Contrary to popular belief according to nick, carlisi, ferriola, difronzo, and marcello were upstairs while the brothers were killed in the basement and did not take part in the actual killing

In addition a separate crew, Chicago heights buried them to keep the guys who killed them from knowing where they were buried
I thought DiFronzo was downstairs and participated. Marcello was upstairs with Jimmy LaPietra and Fecarotta, if I remember right. I can't imagine old ass Carlisi or Ferriola (who had shit health even then) participated very much on the physical side of things. DiFronzo still seemed spry enough to stomp someone's head in even during the Goudie interview so I could see him getting some licks in. Nick gave him the piece he got off of Mike, too.
He could have left out details but the way he explained it in his testimony he walked in the top guys I mentioned were upstairs he talked to them for a minute then when down to the basement. Carlisi made a joke about how tan him and fecarotta were and they thought it was a comment to all the time and money they wasted when they were out in Vegas to try and kill the brothers. Fecarotta he said thought the hit was for him and went in the bathroom in the basement apparently sick to his stomach. Next thing is he said someone said here they come and he described who did what. He was very clear on who killed Michael as he was the one who grabbed him after shaking his hand and then eboli came up and put a rope around his neck. He did mention how after it was over he gave the gun to difronzo but it sounded like they came down after. I’ll check again but I’m almost positive it was the 3 I mentioned on Michael and another 3 on Tony who he didn’t know. It sounded much different then the free for all type story I remember being reported with all the bosses and everyone getting their licks in. Michael specifically I think surrendered right away and was dead within minutes of going downstairs. Tony did ask to say a prayer and after that nick said he didn’t hear anything else said
The way you described it is how I remembered it. I don't know if he specifically said they (the capos) were down there or not during the actual murders. Makes sense that guys like Nick, Eboli, Marino, etc. would be downstairs as they wouldn't otherwise be at a making ceremony but I'm not sure the Spilotros had time to process that anyway.
And also figure some guys had to be upstairs in case they somehow escaped out of that basement.
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:12 pm
funkster wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:45 pm
Pete wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:30 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7chicag ... ry/8593184

Good stuff here on an investigation about Pete and the outfit in the mid 90’s. Shows a chart here with a Andrew Lombardo as Joey Lombardo’s messenger. Anyone know more about him?
Christ almighty, Binder's got one hell of a collection. Imagine the shit like those surveillance pics we've never seen.
You ain’t kidding buddy. How does he get access to that shit?
He got a lot of them from law enforcement. I think CPD gave a huge cache of stuff to him. I talked to him on the phone and we discussed working on some stuff but that was a couple years ago by now. I need to give him another call.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Article about Pete difronzo getting sued for reneging On selling some land he owned by his house after he found out the guy was black lol

Mobster accused of race bias
August 12, 2006

BY STEVE WARMBIR AND STEVE PATTERSON Staff Reporter

Michael Guthrie is a successful oral surgeon who wanted to live in a multimillion-dollar home in South Barrington.

Peter DiFronzo, a reputed-made member of the Chicago mob and brother of top Chicago mobster John "No Nose" DiFronzo, was happy to sell him a vacant lot in South Barrington for about $500,000.

That is, until Peter DiFronzo found out Guthrie was black, according to a lawsuit filed in Cook County court this week.

Guthrie, who didn't know about DiFronzo's own background, is asking to get back the money he spent on an architect to design his house.

Guthrie also wants punitive damages against DiFronzo but doesn't name a dollar amount in the lawsuit.

The oral surgeon didn't return a phone message Friday, but his attorney said he's just standing up for his rights.

The deal's off

Guthrie "feels he didn't do anything to be treated that way," said attorney LaOuida Glover.

"I don't think [Guthrie] cares who they are," Glover said.

Guthrie signed a contract in April 2004 to buy the lot in the Magnolia Pointe subdivision in South Barrington, according to the lawsuit. Guthrie also agreed to other terms, including a requirement that he build a home on the lot within 18 months and that the home be more than 7,000 square feet, excluding the basement and counting the two-story foyer only once.

DiFronzo, who lives in South Barrington, owned the property but was also acting as an agent for the developer, Zitella Development Corp., according to the lawsuit.

In July 2004, developer Sam Zitella asked Guthrie's real estate agent if Guthrie was black, according to the lawsuit.

Soon after, DiFronzo's attorney sent a letter to the dentist, telling him that the deal was off because they couldn't agree to terms.

Guthrie was advised to walk away

Guthrie argues the deal died because DiFronzo didn't want to sell to a black man.
Guthrie's real estate agent and lawyer suggested Guthrie take his earnest money and walk away because DiFronzo "apparently would make every step of the way difficult for [Guthrie] including living in his new home on the lot," according to the lawsuit.
DiFronzo and Zitella did not return phone messages on Friday.
The Sun-Times reported business ties between the two men in a November 2005 story. Zitella, a well-known developer, has been a long-time customer of DiFronzo's company, D & P Construction, using the company's Dumpsters. While D & P is in the name of Peter DiFronzo's wife, law enforcement authorities believe Peter DiFronzo controls it.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Snakes wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:04 pm
Pete wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:45 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:33 pm
Pete wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:29 pm
funkster wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:03 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:59 pm
PolackTony wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:36 pm
funkster wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:20 pm I dont believe Gary Gags is dead. He was mentioned by Mags in one of the Fosco interviews a four or five years ago as being someone he was concerned about offending by giving the interview. My guess is he should be considered a likely member. I also find it very hard to fathom that Spina is not also a member.
Yeah I haven't seen anything else stating Gary Gags died so I wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone else had further info. I'm assuming myself that he's alive until proven otherwise.

And agreed on Spina, but stranger things have happened in the world of the Chicago Mafia. I would've absolutely assumed that Marco D'Amico was made as well. If Spina was made, and Vena for that matter, the questions remain of when and by whom and with what sponsors, etc. Seems pretty likely to me that there were making ceremonies that Nicky Calabrese hadn't disclosed either because he didn't know about them or they occurred after he got pinched.

We just have so little to go on for Chicago and huge holes remain in our understanding of their inner workings and hierarchy for significant periods of time. Hopefully some of this will be cleared up in future unredacted versions of the documents that Snakes has referenced. Otherwise we're left waiting for one of the remaining made guys to flip and spill the beans. It's fully possible that the guys left take their secrets to the grave like Lombardo and so many others, and we may very well remain in the dark about much of the Outfit's history.
I don't think he would have even known about the 1988 ceremony if DiForti hadn't been a part of it. I believe that's the whole reason LaPietra forwarded him the info. I believe Nick even went so far as to say that LaPietra was not supposed to have disclosed that information. Chicago obviously had its share of gossips but by keeping the number of made members down, not having more than two significant made snitches within the past 30ish years (only one of whom fully cooperated), and keeping the disclosure of information to a minimum or on a need-to-know basis (even as far as bosses were concerned) has made it extremely difficult to discern the structure of the organization as well as who was made. Obviously, there are sources known only to the FBI (at least until a few more guys croak) that allow for a better understanding but none that has been readily available to the public. All of the above have made it extremely difficult to get an accurate hold on things, even in comparison to tight-lipped families on the East Coast, like the Genovese (whose hierarchy is similarly muddled).
I think this is probably correct. As I recall, he even said there were made guys he heard about in later years that he didnt know at all.

The feds have had zero reason to release an updated number, if there is one, it would be weird if they did.
Yes it seems like the outfit purposely kept a lot of that information unknown to other members. For instance they would use guys from different crews who didn’t know each other. I believe on the spilotro brothers hit there were 3 guys that he had know idea who they were and I don’t believe were ever identified. I believe it was the 3 guys that killed tony. If I remember correctly nick, Louie eboli, and Lou mArino killed Michael while the other 3 guys killed Tony. Contrary to popular belief according to nick, carlisi, ferriola, difronzo, and marcello were upstairs while the brothers were killed in the basement and did not take part in the actual killing

In addition a separate crew, Chicago heights buried them to keep the guys who killed them from knowing where they were buried
I thought DiFronzo was downstairs and participated. Marcello was upstairs with Jimmy LaPietra and Fecarotta, if I remember right. I can't imagine old ass Carlisi or Ferriola (who had shit health even then) participated very much on the physical side of things. DiFronzo still seemed spry enough to stomp someone's head in even during the Goudie interview so I could see him getting some licks in. Nick gave him the piece he got off of Mike, too.
He could have left out details but the way he explained it in his testimony he walked in the top guys I mentioned were upstairs he talked to them for a minute then when down to the basement. Carlisi made a joke about how tan him and fecarotta were and they thought it was a comment to all the time and money they wasted when they were out in Vegas to try and kill the brothers. Fecarotta he said thought the hit was for him and went in the bathroom in the basement apparently sick to his stomach. Next thing is he said someone said here they come and he described who did what. He was very clear on who killed Michael as he was the one who grabbed him after shaking his hand and then eboli came up and put a rope around his neck. He did mention how after it was over he gave the gun to difronzo but it sounded like they came down after. I’ll check again but I’m almost positive it was the 3 I mentioned on Michael and another 3 on Tony who he didn’t know. It sounded much different then the free for all type story I remember being reported with all the bosses and everyone getting their licks in. Michael specifically I think surrendered right away and was dead within minutes of going downstairs. Tony did ask to say a prayer and after that nick said he didn’t hear anything else said
The way you described it is how I remembered it. I don't know if he specifically said they (the capos) were down there or not during the actual murders. Makes sense that guys like Nick, Eboli, Marino, etc. would be downstairs as they wouldn't otherwise be at a making ceremony but I'm not sure the Spilotros had time to process that anyway.
Where can I find nick’s testimony?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Joe Kong Cullota was on YouTube recently talking about his brothers death. It was in the coffee with cullota series. Look it up.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Gee, think Zitella gets some cush contracts?

Snakes, do you know what Binders purpose is in collecting them? He hasn’t seemingly written a book in quite some time and he’s obviously very protective of his collection. Is it for personal enjoyment or does he want to release something at some point?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I remember a few years ago he mentioned that some areas he just wouldn’t take his tour through, specifically Elmwood Park, cause he was scared to lol.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

funkster wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:44 am I remember a few years ago he mentioned that some areas he just wouldn’t take his tour through, specifically Elmwood Park, cause he was scared to lol.
That’s strange cuz he’s been around elmwood park quite a bit
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

funkster wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:42 am Gee, think Zitella gets some cush contracts?

Snakes, do you know what Binders purpose is in collecting them? He hasn’t seemingly written a book in quite some time and he’s obviously very protective of his collection. Is it for personal enjoyment or does he want to release something at some point?
Well, he got more protective once people started sharing his images without his permission. He spent a lot of time and effort to get that collection. I remember him posting a bunch of photos in a Facebook group and asking that they not be shared only to have them show up on Pinterest within a day or two. If I invested all of those resources into my collection only to have some geek glom them for his own use I would be frustrated, too. Local PD's really don't care about keeping things like mugshots and surveillance photos years after the fact. Even one as large as Chicago PD don't want them lying around taking up space as they have literally tons and tons of files they need to find space for.

I believe John worked something out with them where he was able to get some of their older items and save them from destruction or banishment to some warehouse. Technically, federal mugs aren't public record although most of the time they are voluntarily released or provided in the event of a request. Local law enforcement mugshots are normally public record so they probably worked something out where they donated to John as a local historian with a good reputation, similar to how they would a public library.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

He better publish something fast because he aint young no more and these are some crazy times
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Snakes wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:59 am
funkster wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:42 am Gee, think Zitella gets some cush contracts?

Well, he got more protective once people started sharing his images without his permission. He spent a lot of time and effort to get that collection. I remember him posting a bunch of photos in a Facebook group and asking that they not be shared only to have them show up on Pinterest within a day or two. If I invested all of those resources into my collection only to have some geek glom them for his own use I would be frustrated, too. Local PD's really don't care about keeping things like mugshots and surveillance photos years after the fact. Even one as large as Chicago PD don't want them lying around taking up space as they have literally tons and tons of files they need to find space for.

I believe John worked something out with them where he was able to get some of their older items and save them from destruction or banishment to some warehouse. Technically, federal mugs aren't public record although most of the time they are voluntarily released or provided in the event of a request. Local law enforcement mugshots are normally public record so they probably worked something out where they donated to John as a local historian with a good reputation, similar to how they would a public library.
I feel that. I often see my Rockford LCN short stories show up online and on other websites. Usually the person that copied it and posts it rewrites it with wrong info.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

cavita wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:12 am
Snakes wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:59 am

I feel that. I often see my Rockford LCN short stories show up online and on other websites. Usually the person that copied it and posts it rewrites it with wrong info.
Ive seen that too regarding Chicago years ago and I agree
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Interesting to see Joe Belli listed as Pete's underboss. They would be in the same cart together at all of the old golf outings for the plumbers union where D&P would sponsor holes with "Puts for Petey." Joe Belli's son is still around and I would wonder if he's still involved with the Outfit.

Andrew "Nucci" Lombardo was Joey's brother and a diamond thief. He was also a scratch golfer and owned the old driving range near Kiddie Land in Melrose Park - Nucci, Legs D'Antonio, Bobby Dominic - they would come hit balls and shut the whole place down.