Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by chin_gigante »

Chris Christie wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:58 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:29 am If we get those initials of the others made at the ceremony with Sonny Mazzone I'd be very interested in doing a 2015 chart
I made one for 2019 and posted it but the fucking thing is down now. I don't know if I have it saved it not. If it's not on my other HD then its lost.
https://i.ibb.co/r67Z9FK/Phila2019.gif

You talking about that one?
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:12 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:58 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:29 am If we get those initials of the others made at the ceremony with Sonny Mazzone I'd be very interested in doing a 2015 chart
I made one for 2019 and posted it but the fucking thing is down now. I don't know if I have it saved it not. If it's not on my other HD then its lost.
https://i.ibb.co/r67Z9FK/Phila2019.gif

You talking about that one?
Yes! Thank you!
When the time comes and you feel there's enough to chart one let, let me know.
(When I make charts if people save them I'll thank you later once I lose them. I've lost many over the years.)
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

One thing I noticed/picked up from reading this thread is just how interrelated they are. The Scarfos-Piccolos-Grandes-Mazzone seems to be a large chunk. Ligambi-Borgesi. DeVito-Arabia. I'd like to one day chart these bloodlines but that's for another time. I'll shut up to avoid derailing this fine thread.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

When you read the indictment it definitely looks worse for Grande than Mazzone. And maybe I’m reading too much into it, but I thought it was interesting that Mazzone’s attorney issued a statement basically calling the indictment BS. He said it just contained a bunch of “flowery language” which I think confirms their defense will be that the charges in the indictment are all talk and little action. Grande’s attorney, declined comment, however. It could just be his own style but it could also mean he thinks Grande has a steeper hill to climb and a statement isn’t beneficial.
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

How does Steve Mazzone not get bail but Merlino did for his last case ?
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:54 pm When you read the indictment it definitely looks worse for Grande than Mazzone.
It says Mazzone was directing the crimes ,thats a RICO , Mazzone is the target for a second racketeering conviction ,this is why Meringolo was hired its a full court press by the feds
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Chris Christie wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:29 pm One thing I noticed/picked up from reading this thread is just how interrelated they are. The Scarfos-Piccolos-Grandes-Mazzone seems to be a large chunk. Ligambi-Borgesi. DeVito-Arabia. I'd like to one day chart these bloodlines but that's for another time. I'll shut up to avoid derailing this fine thread.
If we were talking about the same group of people in 1910, we'd be calling them a Sicilian mafia clan and think it was all by design. The reality is a lot of it is proximity and happenstance, and just like the dysfunction we see in this modern Philly "clan", there was dysfunction in the old mafia clans.

For a fully Americanized family in 2020 that's almost been destroyed several times, it's crazy how much Philly has managed to organically mirror a traditional mafia family from 100 years ago:

- Interrelated multi-generational members
- Majority of members have proven themselves capable of murder (unheard of in NYC for decades)
- Completely insular mafia-friendly community
- Not afraid to openly associate in public
- No massive centralized rackets
- Willing to make money in any legitimate or illegitimate way they can
- Highly fraternal, lifelong relationships between members
- Gun+knife induction ceremonies

Given everything that's happened, you'd expect Philly if anyone to be more like a gang who disregards tradition. You have to notice that regardless of the ups and downs of their operations, Philly is dedicated to the organization.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Well said , B
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Grande is a retard talking like that to ANYONE. now's the part where wife and kid go to live with her mother and has to support the household while paying off his lawyer if he takes it to trial (800K or even more given how bad they want this kid). Dom's wishing he didn't buy 10 bottles of Dom all those nights out now........I don't want anyone to go to jail but as I got older I realized all that neighborhood street shit is for complete morons. My cousin who is supposedly a respected strommed guy get;s laughed at at thanksgiving. but for them not to impose a at least a ten yr sentence for selling that fentyalyyl shit would be sick. tons of kids are dying. far worse than covid
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

joeycigars wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:54 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:54 pm When you read the indictment it definitely looks worse for Grande than Mazzone.
It says Mazzone was directing the crimes ,thats a RICO , Mazzone is the target for a second racketeering conviction ,this is why Meringolo was hired its a full court press by the feds

Yeah that’s what it says on the feds indictment. That’s how they worded it. A bunch of good lawyers can tear that apart. Grande has a far worse case.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

There's a new Mob Talk up on the website. Mostly covers what we already know from the documents in the FBI section. Couple of other things of note:

- GA says he thinks it's more likely that Persiano was wired up and attended the ceremony than if the location was bugged ahead of time
- DS says sources tell him Grande is resigned to doing 10 years
- Quote from DS: "You and I both know there have been multiple making ceremonies in the last five years or so"
- Leaves the question open whether Persiano attended or had knowledge of these other ceremonies or whether he was re-inducted at a ceremony
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

B. wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:49 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:29 pm One thing I noticed/picked up from reading this thread is just how interrelated they are. The Scarfos-Piccolos-Grandes-Mazzone seems to be a large chunk. Ligambi-Borgesi. DeVito-Arabia. I'd like to one day chart these bloodlines but that's for another time. I'll shut up to avoid derailing this fine thread.
If we were talking about the same group of people in 1910, we'd be calling them a Sicilian mafia clan and think it was all by design. The reality is a lot of it is proximity and happenstance, and just like the dysfunction we see in this modern Philly "clan", there was dysfunction in the old mafia clans.

For a fully Americanized family in 2020 that's almost been destroyed several times, it's crazy how much Philly has managed to organically mirror a traditional mafia family from 100 years ago:

- Interrelated multi-generational members
- Majority of members have proven themselves capable of murder (unheard of in NYC for decades)
- Completely insular mafia-friendly community
- Not afraid to openly associate in public
- No massive centralized rackets
- Willing to make money in any legitimate or illegitimate way they can
- Highly fraternal, lifelong relationships between members
- Gun+knife induction ceremonies

Given everything that's happened, you'd expect Philly if anyone to be more like a gang who disregards tradition. You have to notice that regardless of the ups and downs of their operations, Philly is dedicated to the organization.
Just to say, I'm in a MA program for English and they don't teach writing and conveying thoughts. What you say I know I just can't explain and articulate it like you do. You have a real gift that can't be taught, my friend. Truly.
StandUpGuy
Straightened out

Post by StandUpGuy »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:28 pm There's a new Mob Talk up on the website. Mostly covers what we already know from the documents in the FBI section. Couple of other things of note:

- GA says he thinks it's more likely that Persiano was wired up and attended the ceremony than if the location was bugged ahead of time
- Quote from DS: "You and I both know there have been multiple making ceremonies in the last five years or so"
- Leaves the question open whether Persiano attended or had knowledge of these other ceremonies or whether he was re-inducted at a ceremony
If there have been multiple making ceremonies in the last years, it means that the Philly mob is without a doubt the most active and largest mob family outside of New York. They will be the last one standing with the 5 families.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Chris Christie wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:32 pm Just to say, I'm in a MA program for English and they don't teach writing and conveying thoughts. What you say I know I just can't explain and articulate it like you do. You have a real gift that can't be taught, my friend. Truly.
seconded, B is the man
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:28 pm There's a new Mob Talk up on the website. Mostly covers what we already know from the documents in the FBI section. Couple of other things of note:

Who could have been made in the last 5 years? My only guess is Joey had a ceremony in Florida with that crew down there he built.