Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

HoagieNose
Straightened out

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by HoagieNose »

JohnnyS wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:40 pm I remember on Mob talk about the state of Philly in 2018, GA said Lance is known as the quiet man and is very reluctant to get involved in conversations. He's definitely lucky though I mean he was basically called a hitman in court and was a suspect in shootings during the Merlino-Stanfa war and still managed to avoid charges while his friends Merlino, Mazzone, Borgesi got 10+ years.
He was also caught meeting with a Pagan boss at the Borgata a few years back, the feds were watching and listening but he said nothing incriminating... I don’t think he says more than he has to. Some of these Italians love to run their mouths and you can’t be doing that shit
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Yeah that’s like Gravano and Gotti. The Feds had like 50x more audio recordings from Gravano than they did Gotti. Like hundreds of hours of Gravano at his office, etc, compared to a few dozen for Gotti at the Ravenite. Yet Gotti incriminated half the Gambino family in his tapes and Gravano never implicated a soul. The problem is half these guys want the whole world to know they are gangsters. It’s half the fun.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:10 pm Yeah that’s like Gravano and Gotti. The Feds had like 50x more audio recordings from Gravano than they did Gotti. Like hundreds of hours of Gravano at his office, etc, compared to a few dozen for Gotti at the Ravenite. Yet Gotti incriminated half the Gambino family in his tapes and Gravano never implicated a soul. The problem is half these guys want the whole world to know they are gangsters. It’s half the fun.
What’s the point in being a gangster if nobody knows it 😉
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

BobbyPazzo wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:58 am
AntComello wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:37 am Random question but what’s up with all the weird nicknames they have down for Dom lol “Mr.Hopkins” “Dom14” and “Mr.brown”
Sounds like gambling package names to me but who knows... when you call up to check on figures or control gambler limits he might say this is dom14 calling for the “so and so” package. First thing I thought of when I saw that.
Mr Brown and Mr Hopkins are cell phone names. So Dom’s name was listed in these cell phones under these pseudonames instead “Dominic Grande”. Since these transcripts involve text messages, I suspect they have
to include the names that Dom's number was saved under. Regarding 'Dom14' ... A lot of Philly guys setup your electronic sports betting log-in as something like 'Philly1' password: your name + a number (especially if there are
more than one of you). Dom14 was how Grande's pseudoname for his gambling site OR his Agent login....
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

PHL_Mob wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:50 pm
AntComello wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:37 am Random question but what’s up with all the weird nicknames they have down for Dom lol “Mr.Hopkins” “Dom14” and “Mr.brown”
Sounds like gambling package names to me but who knows... when you call up to check on figures or control gambler limits he might say this is dom14 calling for the “so and so” package. First thing I thought of when I saw that.
Mr Brown and Mr Hopkins are cell phone names. So Dom’s name was listed in these cell phones under these pseudonames instead “Dominic Grande”. Since these transcripts involve text messages, I suspect they have
to include the names that Dom's number was saved under. Regarding 'Dom14' ... A lot of Philly guys setup your electronic sports betting log-in as something like 'Philly1' password: your name + a number (especially if there are
more than one of you). Dom14 was how Grande's pseudoname for his gambling site OR his Agent login....
This came out in a report or are u making an educated guess
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

That makes sense. Honestly the first thing i
Thought of too when i saw "Dom14" was a gaming site login. Idk about Mr. Hopkins, but the probability of his friends referring to him as "Dom 14" in conversation are about as high as them saying "Baby Dom"
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

If Grande pleads out to ten years, let's say, would he get time off for good behavior, or does that not apply to plea bargains?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

TallGuy19 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:17 pm If Grande pleads out to ten years, let's say, would he get time off for good behavior, or does that not apply to plea bargains?
All fed beefs are 85 % ... he has to do at least 85 of that 10
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.
Breadman
Straightened out

Post by Breadman »

In the indictment there is a Victor Deluca, any relations to the Scarfo era cooperator by the same name ?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

BobbyPazzo wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:20 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:17 pm If Grande pleads out to ten years, let's say, would he get time off for good behavior, or does that not apply to plea bargains?
All fed beefs are 85 % ... he has to do at least 85 of that 10
Grande is toast because he is tied to peddling Fentanyl in a RICO case as a Capo. He will be lucky to get 10yr. I'd be shocked if he got 8yr deal etc. Artuso got 8yrs for rico down in FL. But is wasn't a Fentanyl case.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Breadman wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:53 pm In the indictment there is a Victor Deluca, any relations to the Scarfo era cooperator by the same name ?

Someone said earlier that it is the son.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Breadman
Straightened out

Post by Breadman »

thanks
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

PHL_Mob wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:50 pm
This makes sense as you ever placed a wager online before it correlates. I just never seen an indictment use that before.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

In plea negotiations , I think McMonagle and these other defense attorneys are really going to hammer home that this indictment is 10x more talk than action. Don’t get me wrong, talking about potential criminal activity with other people is illegal, but when there’s not a ton of follow up on those conversations, I think it makes it harder to hand down a stiffer sentence. They got Grande and Mazzone talking extortion, and they got Grande talking drugs. But this was 5 years ago! You’d think there would be a little more dope on the table. I guess they got a couple of AC bookmakers to flip but if these guys actually were a force in AC and running a major street tax/shake down operation, you’d think they’d have more than these 2 bookmakers.

I mean some of this stuff is actually more embarrassing than it is illegal. Getting your making ceremony bugged? Super embarrassing! But not something that would warrant serious time. Mazzone saying “I mean come on, we’re gangsters.” Embarrassing, but declaring yourself a gangster doesn’t merit a stiff jail sentence. Grande talking about how he could sell thousands of fake fentanyl pills? Super embarrassing. But the actual dope on the table appears to be very minimal. I mean they had no problem getting evidence of him collecting $40k in vig. Are you telling me Dom is sloppy enough to brag about being able to sell thousands of pills but also discreet enough to cover up virtually any trace of collecting money from drugs? They had a FBI agent and an informant coming around him wired up and this indictment is all the evidence they could come up with? I dunno, it’s not a ton. It’s enough to get these guys to cop pleas and do 8-10, but not much more than that. I mean there’s some real “gang that can’t shoot straight” vibes in this indictment. Definitely not the knockout blow that’s been alleged to have been coming. Maybe it still is who knows.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Cheech wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:23 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:29 pm Lance was almost brought to the 2010 Gambino meeting until Ligambi was told to just bring Staino. If Lancellotti had gone and been picked up on tape I reckon they would have indicted him like they did with Licata and Fazzini.
Where did it come out not to bring MLance?
do you recall?