Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mike68
Straightened out

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by mike68 »

Soldiers made in recent years in Rhode Island and Massachusetts??? That seems fishy to me. Who are they making out of New England when there aren't many left in the Patriarca's down there?
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:24 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:17 am The FBI believes the mafia in Philly is in the midst of ballooning its’ ranks and stretching its’ reach; a crew in New England has been operational for more than five years, reinvigorating a presence in the region from the late 1990s, per sources. Soldiers have been “made” in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey and Florida, in the flood of recent ceremonies, sources claim.
I thought this was most interesting part. Jersey ok Florida ok Massachusetts yeah ok Ive heard of their Boston crew but Rhode Island is surprising. It's a complete and total encroachment upon another families territory.

Why do the New England guys allow that?
I truly doubt the Rhode Island, Massachusetts thing. New inductees? Makes no sense.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Mazzone was the official consiglieri for years. No mention of that in gangster report
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Believe Scott's on to something here. To think that only 8 or 9 guys have been made in the past 10 years is really out there, regardless of what GA and DS have to say. Its been said on this thread before, Joey has a large reach with a ton of contacts, many who are putting dollars in his hands on a regular basis. I could see him making more guys in areas where there is little OC presence left, like New England and Florida. Commission going to stop him? By now he'd probably have a seat on it, if it still existed. Besides, historically Philly and other families have had members who operate in other areas. Philly has had members who have lived outside where they are based. Philly planted a flag in New England in the 90's, already have crews in Jersey and Florida, and while Rhode Island is a curveball, that may be just a guy with them who lives there. Given Joey's reach doesn't seem that farfetched to me.
tylerdurden
Associate

Post by tylerdurden »

dack2001 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:49 am Believe Scott's on to something here. To think that only 8 or 9 guys have been made in the past 10 years is really out there, regardless of what GA and DS have to say. Its been said on this thread before, Joey has a large reach with a ton of contacts, many who are putting dollars in his hands on a regular basis. I could see him making more guys in areas where there is little OC presence left, like New England and Florida. Commission going to stop him? By now he'd probably have a seat on it, if it still existed. Besides, historically Philly and other families have had members who operate in other areas. Philly has had members who have lived outside where they are based. Philly planted a flag in New England in the 90's, already have crews in Jersey and Florida, and while Rhode Island is a curveball, that may be just a guy with them who lives there. Given Joey's reach doesn't seem that farfetched to me.
exactly especially if some of those guys are willing to cough up 25k to become a member to joey; why not open up the "club" if he needs a few extra dollars and some dopes are willing to pay
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Sean V was seen on camera down in philly last year

this is the biggest question and they left out the name. who did he say was boss?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

100% will be more indictments. feds left a lot out I bet. and they are proving to be patient.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Joey's not a guy that's going to sell you a membership, pocket the money, and leave you alone. If you "buy-in" so to speak, you better become a preacher and re-name yourself if you want to be left alone. There is a price to pay to be under the umbrella, I'm sure.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

mike68 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:37 am Soldiers made in recent years in Rhode Island and Massachusetts??? That seems fishy to me. Who are they making out of New England when there aren't many left in the Patriarca's down there?

You can take the "per sources" with a grain of salt. This latest indictment has disproven a lot of the previous reporting about the hierarchy as well as the reporting of the October 2015 induction ceremony. Five names were reported "per sources" but Sonny Mazzone was not among them.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Who was it that reported Borgesi was up in boston not long after his release
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Cheech wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:10 am 100% will be more indictments. feds left a lot out I bet. and they are proving to be patient.
why are they holding back on who the boss\ is an indictment coming for merlino or lance?
Tony Monte
Straightened out

Post by Tony Monte »

Maybe they trying to get more talk on wires before making another move?
tylerdurden
Associate

Post by tylerdurden »

Tony Monte wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:32 am Maybe they trying to get more talk on wires before making another move?
good point, the feds throw out that new $10,000 reward for the murder of DiPietro then make all these arrests, seems like they are messing with these guys heads right now and looking to get a few more to start talking to solidify the case they have currently on mazzone and grande and then maybe get merlino for good or grande on the murder
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Could be more coming but my guess as to why he's not named in the indictment because Joey was not at the making ceremony. It wouldn't take a genius to establish him as boss if they wanted, considering the tapes and intros made in 2016 up in New York and with John Rubeo. This indictment is pretty narrowly tailored to Mazzone, Sonny and Dom and a bunch of guys in AP's drug orbit. Either the Feds have been building a bigger case using AP and its coming or they were trying to build a bigger case and this is the best they could do. With the election going to Biden they shot their wad quick before they all got replaced.
tylerdurden
Associate

Post by tylerdurden »

dack2001 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:45 am Could be more coming but my guess as to why he's not named in the indictment because Joey was not at the making ceremony. It wouldn't take a genius to establish him as boss if they wanted, considering the tapes and intros made in 2016 up in New York and with John Rubeo. This indictment is pretty narrowly tailored to Mazzone, Sonny and Dom and a bunch of guys in AP's drug orbit. Either the Feds have been building a bigger case using AP and its coming or they were trying to build a bigger case and this is the best they could do. With the election going to Biden they shot their wad quick before they all got replaced.
hahahah....yup that is some job security for the next few years with this case