Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

thesociety 89
Straightened out

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by thesociety 89 »

5 captains for a family that size is pretty standard isnt it?
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Is Faffy involved?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Chin dont forget Capeci JUSTS named Borgesi as UB last week
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

phili
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

chubby wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:47 pm Crazy I guess Persiano got more info than we all thought... I’m curious if don and them thought they were In the clear and got lucky with the Persiano situation where joe electric got busted and persiano was outed as a ci for the feds... I wonder if dom and other guys on the street thought that cause they didn’t get picked up then that they dodged the bullet... or did they know they were fucked and knew that was going to get them all caught up???
I mean there’s nothing they could have done, damage was already done might as well just keep going... also barretta is pretty damn active and is around everyone... could he possibly have been one of the guys made in October 2015 in the indictment??, if not I wonder why he isn’t made...
I hope the names of the people made get released to us...

Also, there’s got to be others cooperating... if not at the time of the indictment... I guarantee someone, if not several people who just got picked up, end up flipping... this could end up solving some of the unsolved philly murders... I’m sure everyone’s tripping out right now... if I was a made guy or skipper who was close to mazzone or dom (which seems like everyone in the family, both those guys seem extremely well liked) I would be getting prepared for that 6am knock on the door....

Also curious if any large amounts of cash was recovered from stevies or doms residence? Doesn’t seem so, so I give them credit for be smart enough to not have shoebox money stashed... On doms 2011 arrested it has him listed as real estate under occupation. Does he actually have his real estate license and was working for/as a realtor 9-5?? Or was he just doing some stuff here and there with nicodemo???
along wiht the real estate license , he was a deli manager , had a piece of a apparel company anda construciton company
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

Where does this all leave Borgesi ? Is he mostly
legit now ? He seems to be the slickest one besides Mikey Lance. After 14 years in the can I’m sure he’s not going to get involved
In anything risky. But he sure does seem like he’s a boss type figure .
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

This is how the Borgesi thing looks to me since he got out:

He gets off supervised release in mid-2015 and after that there's a lot of attention on him. There's the fall sitdown with Angelina, he's all over Schratwieser's coverage, there's the meeting with Patsy Parrello in 2016, and then comes that 3 year gap where the only news from GA and DS about him is how he's insisting he has nothing to do with anything, he's legit, he's just hanging around with the guys, the Sharkey case doesn't lead back to him... Then 2020 comes around and it 'looks like he's the guy in charge'.

My guess would be, from all the news about him in those first couple of years after he got out, that he was involved, then got spooked by all the intention and started getting everyone to insist that he wasn't involved and now that facade is fading away.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

TommyNoto wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:57 am I’m not a Philly person but they still have legit bookmarking and loansharking activity . How many crews can it support ?, probably only a handful but there’s a good chance that biz will never go away, it’s just built into society.

I’m still waiting to see how NJ handles the off shore books, so far they have been hands off, maybe pandemic related, but from my understanding the off shore guys are still very active in the area. Credit and no Tax are huge advantages it seems , plus DL from wifey. The legal books seems to be a lot of new bees which is interesting
Can you buy points with legal sports betting apps? That might be another incentive to go off shore/ connected bookie
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

moneyman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:47 pm
TommyNoto wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:57 am I’m not a Philly person but they still have legit bookmarking and loansharking activity . How many crews can it support ?, probably only a handful but there’s a good chance that biz will never go away, it’s just built into society.

I’m still waiting to see how NJ handles the off shore books, so far they have been hands off, maybe pandemic related, but from my understanding the off shore guys are still very active in the area. Credit and no Tax are huge advantages it seems , plus DL from wifey. The legal books seems to be a lot of new bees which is interesting
Can you buy points with legal sports betting apps? That might be another incentive to go off shore/ connected bookie
You could do it on sites like 5Dimes so I imagine you could do it on legalized books.
Orzan
Prospect

Post by Orzan »

If the amount of legal "problems" is synonymous with activity, philly is without a doubt the most active family after the 5 families.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Chin gives a good breakdown of the media coverage but Capeci's recent column strikes the nail pretty well. George is a politician with wiseguys but seems to also be with reporters as well. He's probably in GA and DS ear telling them he's retired. I just don't see him living on the golf course like Trump will be anytime soon. He's got connections throughout the East Coast and he is right behind Joey in the pecking order. Though the titles may change, its the hierarchy in this group that stays the same.
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

dack2001 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:59 am Chin gives a good breakdown of the media coverage but Capeci's recent column strikes the nail pretty well. George is a politician with wiseguys but seems to also be with reporters as well. He's probably in GA and DS ear telling them he's retired. I just don't see him living on the golf course like Trump will be anytime soon. He's got connections throughout the East Coast and he is right behind Joey in the pecking order. Though the titles may change, its the hierarchy in this group that stays the same.
Agreed. When you see him standing outside the club in south Philly. It’s obvious he’s the head honcho with Joey being in Florida.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Don't they have bail hearings today?
Momo
Straightened out

Post by Momo »

According to DS FBI tapes revealed Mazzone allegedly ordered to local wise guys to take back gambling and loansharking in Atlantic City
“It’s easy to kill somebody,” - Joey Merlino
Momo
Straightened out

Post by Momo »

also tapes revealed, mobsters making ceremony for Dom Grande and introducing as a capo to the others. Later he introduced himself as a skipper
“It’s easy to kill somebody,” - Joey Merlino