Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Sonny Mazzone and 4 others arrested on federal charges

Post by Rocco »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:03 pm
AntComello wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:32 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:07 pm The guys moving the coke who were arrested a few days ago seems like they wanted to move some weight, but had little connections. This recent indictment seems like they trying to scrap whatever powder they can find into a capsule and sell it, bottom of the barrel type stuff imo
Shows you how much of a dirtbag Servidio really is. And he’s a made man selling fake 30’s...pretty sad
[/quote/]
Yeah I mean maybe he's superior were out of touch with what he was doing, encouraged it or needed the cash and looked the other way. But it's a bad look from any perspective. They also got burned by a dealer. It seems to be not their strong point. I mean how many independent bookies do we see getting busted? Quite a few imo. Now, if they still have a strong reputation to be shaking down bookies and bringing them under their umbrella for lack of a better term...why not leave the powder alone? The heat it brings and lack of relationships with first source type of players why bother?
Servidio has a long history of drug dealing. Its probably all he knows. Just like guys that run a decent and profitable bookmaking operation. Its all they know. Mob is all about $. So they are not going to turn away Servidio's drug money. Even though they know he is selling death pills to kids.
Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by Ivan »

outfit guy wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:00 pm Philly Inquirer is subscription only.
Federal prosecutors charge 15 alleged Philly mobsters with racketeering, drug dealing and extortion

VINNY VELLA NOVEMBER 23, 2020

U.S. Attorney William McSwain said the 15 reputed Philadelphia mob associates indicted by a grand jury tried to extend their influence to Atlantic City through loansharking, drug smuggling and other illegal enterprises.

The Philadelphia mob has limped along on life support for the past decade, its former leaders, Joseph “Uncle Joe” Ligambi and Joseph “Skinny Joey” Merlino, out of the picture after high-profile federal prosecutions.

But reports of La Cosa Nostra’s demise have been greatly exaggerated, according to a federal grand jury indictment unsealed Monday by U.S. Attorney William M. McSwain. In fact, the mafia was adding new soldiers to its ranks as recently as 2015, prosecutors say, in ceremonies overseen by veterans of those former regimes.

Fifteen mobsters have been indicted on racketeering, extortion, gambling and drug trafficking charges, according to the indictment. Chief among them is Steven Mazzone, 56, the reputed underboss of the organization who once served under Ligambi.

McSwain, in unsealing the court documents Monday, said the defendants wielded the reputation and influence of the mafia to command criminal activity in the city and beyond, stretching their influence to the Jersey Shore.

Prosecutors say the group ran illegal sports gambling, extorted victims through predatory loan-sharking and pushed heroin, cocaine and prescription opioid painkillers. In one instance, during a botched attempt to buy two pounds of methamphetamine from a Philly drug dealer, members of the group conspired to kidnap and kill the man to uphold the organization’s reputation, the indictment said.

In the following months, Grande allegedly put these new soldiers to work. The group was ordered to help Arrabia and Castelli spread the mob’s influence into Atlantic City by extorting local bookies and loan sharks.

From their favored meeting places, like the now-defunct Broadway Theatrical Club in South Philadelphia, the group carried out those orders over the next three years, amid threats of violence, according to the indictment. In one instance, Malone commanded one of the soldiers to “go over there with a baseball bat and hit” an unidentified victim.

During that same span, the defendants expanded their illegal activities to include distribution of cocaine, heroin, and fentanyl, selling the narcotics to undercover federal agents on several occasions the indictment said.

At one point, Servidio, DeLuca, and Chianese sought to buy two pounds of methamphetamine from a drug dealer in Philadelphia, but the drugs he sold them were fake. The group then plotted to kidnap and kill him, but their plans were never carried out, the indictment said.

“Thanks to the dedicated and courageous efforts of federal law enforcement over the past several decades, the Philadelphia mob isn’t what it used to be, and thank God for that,” McSwain said in announcing the criminal charges. “But it is still a problem and is still allegedly committing serious federal crimes, which is why we at the Department of Justice are focused on stamping it out. We will not rest until the mob is nothing but a bad memory.”
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Best case for Grande is that the drug charge is weak, the Feds have no murder charge to bring, and he pleads to Racketeering based on the loansharking and bookmaking and catches maybe 5-7 years. He doesn't have FED priors but I don't think they will give him a sweat-heart deal. He should be calling Jacobs and Meringolo as we speak. Course, Joey may not release Jacobs to represent Dom, just in case Joey gets indicted. I'd think Joey would have been with this group if they had the evidence.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

StandUpGuy wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:24 am Philly mob is dead, nothing is going on, the streets are dead etc...
this indictment proofs the opposite
JerryB
Straightened out

Post by JerryB »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:44 pm Can someone post a link to the indictment here. I don't have access to the FBI section. Thanks.
Pogo
http://www.mediafire.com/file/78zcoj48f ... 0.pdf/file
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
Momo
Straightened out

Post by Momo »

seriously ,how do yuy guys access them
?
“It’s easy to kill somebody,” - Joey Merlino
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

Mete wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:42 pm seriously ,how do yuy guys access them
?
You have to have a certain number of posts and then you gain access
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

I have merged all four posts about the current situation in philly. Please dont make a new one unless somthing very new and newsworthy comes out like Dom flipping or somthing.
JerryB
Straightened out

Post by JerryB »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:44 pm Can someone post a link to the indictment here. I don't have access to the FBI section. Thanks.
Pogo
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
Momo
Straightened out

Post by Momo »

Dr031718 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:45 pm
Mete wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:42 pm seriously ,how do yuy guys access them
?
You have to have a certain number of posts and then you gain access
I think my 16 post wont let me to have access to them :D :D
“It’s easy to kill somebody,” - Joey Merlino
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

“ The members and associates charged in the indictment Monday regularly met at an Italian restaurant in Collingswood and a cafe and lounge in Margate, according to the indictment. Neither business is named.”

I am assuming that’s the Kitchen Consigliere, but I could be wrong.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Should we assume most the guys have already posted bail?
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

jmack wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:54 pm
“ The members and associates charged in the indictment Monday regularly met at an Italian restaurant in Collingswood and a cafe and lounge in Margate, according to the indictment. Neither business is named.”

I am assuming that’s the Kitchen Consigliere, but I could be wrong.
Yes , it’s Fat Ange’s restaurant Kitchen Consigliere in Collingswood.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JerryB wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:47 pm
Pogo

Many thanks Jerry. 8-)

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.