Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:01 am
Villain wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:43 am
funkster wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:32 am He's doing his time at Petersburg in VA, which a medium security prison. I don't recall specifics about his family, but I remember hearing discussion of relatives that ran the bar his family owns.

It's been suspected for awhile, but I'm starting to really think that Jimmy I is consolidating influence. I've also heard that Dino Marino is seen as a guy who is moving up.
Thanks a lot bud and to tell you the truth, I was "scared" to mention it but most of my sources also point towards Jimmy I, meaning it is possible that he is the current top player for the Outfit
I don’t think Sarno is running it from inside. He didn’t have that power on the streets. My personal opinion is I think it’s a combination of Vena and Jimmy I
FWIW this is my impression as well. The question still remains as to what degree they really form an "administration" at this point, or are largely independent bosses of two loosely allied "families". I suspect that Dino is most likely Jimmy I's "underboss", as Spina is for Vena. Or Spina may be in charge of Grand Ave while Dote or Abbinanti may be playing that role for Elmwood/Melrose park, with all of them reporting to Vena.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

I saw the Netflix special on the NYC mob and the first fucking episode begins with Jimmy I's wiretapped threats - that wasn't a NY guy that was Inendino in Chicago - I wonder what he and his family think about that - his son Tony was all over Facebook for a long time in that mob group screaming at people to stop labeling his father.

If Jimmy is the boss, he's the first Taylor Street native to take the throne since Giancana. Unless I'm missing something.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:08 am
funkster wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:32 am He's doing his time at Petersburg in VA, which a medium security prison. I don't recall specifics about his family, but I remember hearing discussion of relatives that ran the bar his family owns.

It's been suspected for awhile, but I'm starting to really think that Jimmy I is consolidating influence. I've also heard that Dino Marino is seen as a guy who is moving up.
Thanks a lot bud and to tell you the truth, I was "scared" to mention it but most of my sources also point towards Jimmy I, meaning it is possible that he is the current top player for the Outfit
I don’t think Sarno is running it from inside. He didn’t have that power on the streets. My personal opinion is I think it’s a combination of Vena and Jimmy I
FWIW this is my impression as well. The question still remains as to what degree they really form an "administration" at this point, or are largely independent bosses of two loosely allied "families". I suspect that Dino is most likely Jimmy I's "underboss", as Spina is for Vena. Or Spina may be in charge of Grand Ave while Dote or Abbinanti may be playing that role for Elmwood/Melrose park, with all of them reporting to Vena.
I would add to this that if (as seems likely) there's still an Italian or "zip" crew active in the Western burbs it remains a question if they're actually under Inendino or Vena, or if at this point they constitute their own loosely affiliated faction.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:21 am I saw the Netflix special on the NYC mob and the first fucking episode begins with Jimmy I's wiretapped threats - that wasn't a NY guy that was Inendino in Chicago - I wonder what he and his family think about that - his son Tony was all over Facebook for a long time in that mob group screaming at people to stop labeling his father.

If Jimmy is the boss, he's the first Taylor Street native to take the throne since Giancana. Unless I'm missing something.
Since you're in Melrose, any info on the Flowers of Italy social club? I know that's still an active Italian club but I've heard that's Tony Dote's spot.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

SolarSolano wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:21 am I saw the Netflix special on the NYC mob and the first fucking episode begins with Jimmy I's wiretapped threats - that wasn't a NY guy that was Inendino in Chicago - I wonder what he and his family think about that - his son Tony was all over Facebook for a long time in that mob group screaming at people to stop labeling his father.

Ya that’s exactly what I said about jimmy I’s threats on fear city. His accent is clearly Chicago. I’ve seen recent pics of jimmy I on Instagram ect with Gianni Russo. Jimmy I definitely looks the part, that’s what I will say.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

All of them as in Spina, Dote, and Abbinnanti or including Inendino? Cause I would be willing to bet Jimmy doesn't report to anyone.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

funkster wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:09 pm

All of them as in Spina, Dote, and Abbinnanti or including Inendino? Cause I would be willing to bet Jimmy doesn't report to anyone.
I agree....according to sources which we have regarding Jimmy I and what he currently owns, i also believe that he is above Vena....who knows, maybe in future we will receive some more inside info regarding Vena, but right now it seems that Jimmy is the top player
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:19 pm
funkster wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:09 pm

I agree....according to sources which we have regarding Jimmy I and what he currently owns, i also believe that he is above Vena....who knows, maybe in future we will receive some more inside info regarding Vena, but right now it seems that Jimmy is the top player
"All of them" here was in reference to Spina and the Elmwood guys, not Jimmy I. If anyone is on top overall, it's Inendino. Maybe Vena is his underboss. Or maybe not, and the crews are just loosely affiliated with no overarching admin.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:21 am
The last highest ranking Taylor St native was Torello. So you're right.

Inendino is a real throwback, a relic of a long gone world.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:43 pm

Even though Caruso Sr is considered born and raised in Chinatown, back in the old days or before he became a capo, he was also labeled as being Taylor St...i dunno, maybe it was a mistake. As for Torello, according to his own words, he came under Joe Fifke Corngold in Cicero. Corngold was with Maddox, Aiuppa and Ansani at the time but it seems that later Torello switched crews and was made under Buccieri

Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:26 am

Even though Caruso Sr is considered born and raised in Chinatown, back in the old days or before he became a capo, he was also labeled as being Taylor St...i dunno, maybe it was a mistake. As for Torello, according to his own words, he came under Joe Fifke Corngold in Cicero. Corngold was with Maddox, Aiuppa and Ansani at the time but it seems that later Torello switched crews and was made under Buccieri

Thanks for the source on Torello and Corngold. By Taylor St native, I meant here that Torello grew up by Taylor St of course.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:47 am

Thanks for the source on Torello and Corngold. By Taylor St native, I meant here that Torello grew up by Taylor St of course.
I think you are right...theres one specific file that confirms Torellos rise in the mob during the 60s, mostly with the help of Taylor/Cicero guys such as Buccieri and Figurata...
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:54 am
PolackTony wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:47 am

I think you are right...theres one specific file that confirms Torellos rise in the mob during the 60s, mostly with the help of Taylor/Cicero guys such as Buccieri and Figurata...
To be more precise, Torrello's family lived near Polk and Hermitage when he was born in 1930. Later his father was locked up, and Turk and his mother moved in with her parents in the far west side neighborhood known as "The Island". This is a kind of notorious little isolated area below Columbus Park at the intersection of Chicago, Cicero, and Oak Park at Roosevelt and Austin. I believe that Giancana and Ralph Capone both also lived in the Island.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:51 pm
cavita wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:01 pm
Villain wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:28 am
cavita wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:25 am
Villain wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:20 am Thanks a 1000 times for all of the additional names Cavita and PolackTony and ill add them to the list, but you have to tell me which crews they belong to right?

@Polack, i already have one Tony Buttitta...any relations? Also do you have any good evidence that Nick wasnt related to the Roti clan? Dont get me wrong but many of their members from the past were never caught doing something illegal, except for being labeled in newspapers...
I have many more names that I will have to look for when I get home tonight as I'm out of town. I have some guys' names and the crews they belong to as well as a few that I don't know who they're under.
Thanks again bud and take your time
I have many many more names than the following but I don't have the time to type them all and their birthdates, etc. but here are a few:

Bobby Abbinanti
Angelo Cassano
Dominic Cassano
Gino Cassano
Vito Cassano
Salvatore DeCesare
Anthony Dote
Carl Dote
Tom Forliano
Pete Labelestra
Santino Colella
Vito Pesoli
Natale Saraceno
Nick Sarillo
Joe Volpe
Joe Bastone
James Bastone
Ronald DeRosa
Mike Petruzzi
John Capodice
Robert Dinella
Dominic Mangiamele
Joe Mangiamele Vincenzo Ercolino Tom Giuliano Chris Giuliano Salvatore Molose Gil Valerio Frank Adamo
I've heard for years that Pietro "Pete" LaBalestra has a crew of "zips" operating in the western burbs around Addison. I've been told they're involved in drugs as well as real estate, construction, and dirty contracting (not sure what industries specifically but I would guess construction related). I was told that Sicilians operating in the west burbs were at least partly responsible for the big opioid issue in the local area, which ironically seems to have hit younger Italian guys hard and thus further depressed the potential Outfit recruitment pool. I've been told this now by a couple different people, so maybe there's something to it. The story is that LaBalestra and his crew own strip malls and other properties where they run and hang out in non-descript soccer clubs and social clubs which shut down and move periodically.

People here may recall the "Operation Espresso" case in 1994 where LaBalestra and some of his guys were popped for running gambling operations out of a bunch of Sicilian social clubs/cafes in Addison and Bloomingdale. Charge along with LaBalestra were Giuseppe Vicari and Ottavio Volpe. These guys were all in their 30s back then.

Any word, confirmation, or elaboration on any of this? Also, Villain has LaBalestra under Elmwood/Grand. What exactly are his ties to them? Was he under Andriacchi or someone else before? I wonder at this point if him and his guys are indeed still active if they're basically running their own crew out there.

This is what's been confounding me regarding Chicago's alleged zips. We all know in Rockford in the late 1960s and early 1970s underboss Frank Buscemi made a concerted effort to import many Sicilians and their families, set them up in business in pizzerias and later had them distribuing narcotics through those businesses. This Rockford network was tied into Buffalo, Canada, Australia, Belgium, Sicily and beyond. Frank Buscemi had a a history in Chicago from the 1930s until he moved to Rockford in late 1958. Rockford was represented nationally by Chicago on the Commission but they were pretty much left to their own devices. Some have said Rockford was absorbed by Chicago in the 1980s but what keeps bothering me is this- if Rockford was working with all these other entities in narcotics in the 1980s and 1990s (in the Pizza Connection and Iron Tower cases) it was very much out in the open and in violation of Chicago's narcotics "ban." If they were working independently with the other entities it must have been in conjunction with Chicago and perhaps some of these zips in the suburbs.

I'm continuing to look for a more solid connection to Chicago regarding narcotics and distribution but have yet to find any. The search goes on in future FBI files to be requested.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

cavita wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:05 pmI'm continuing to look for a more solid connection to Chicago regarding narcotics and distribution but have yet to find any. The search goes on in future FBI files to be requested.
Are you talking past, present, or both?
All roads lead to New York.