Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by Villain »

funkster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:54 pm Man, lot of stuff I missed over the last day or so. Gonna have to go over this again more thoroughly, but good info here guys. Is anyone planning to put all these names together in one spot? Otherwise i'll do it on my own lol. I think the grocer guys belong, they seem to be washing money in some fashion. Doubt theyre heavily involved, but they're involved. Sam Greco is hanging with Jimmy I for a reason, he owns a shitload of grocery stores here.
Im coming back home in a few days and so ill make a new list. And yeah i agree, the grocer guys are obviously dirty and connected
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:54 pm
funkster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:39 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:20 pm
funkster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:12 pm I know LaBalestra had a bunch of clubs shut down for gambling in Addison in the mid 90s as someone pointed out. I've been to Addison recently, havent seen any new ones pop up. Does anyone know of any in the Addison/Bloomindale area? Social or soccer clubs?
I've heard that they operate out of sort of ephemeral Sicilian soccer/social clubs. Non-descript places that shut down and relocate periodically.
Yeah, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any. I'm sure theyre there, I just havent been in the area enough to see them.
Yeah, I'm wondering too, I'm not in town to go snooping around myself. Maybe @Patrickgold or @SolarSolano have some ideas?
I’ll be honest, I’m not very familiar with Addison. I have been there and knew some Italian Playboy members from there back in the day but I never really hung out there at night bc of the cops. They DUI everything. They did have some night clubs that catered to the Guido crowd. They all closed down from what I understand. Venutes is open and I know people that hang out there. I have seen these social clubs out there but it was a while ago. I will ask around
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

So what is our final decision regarding Butera, Igraffia and Gambino? I think we should keep them at least as associates right?!

Btw what about the Lupos and their firm in EP, meaning is there any recent info or rumor regarding their activities? If theres isnt any than maybe we should remove them also, although some say that Lupo Sr (son of old time Lupo) is connected...i would also like to ask if we should keep Solly D on the list since most sources say that Jimmy I is the top Cicero guy? It would be also interesting if we have the ages of the listed guys...approximately at least
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Villain wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:59 am So what is our final decision regarding Butera, Igraffia and Gambino? I think we should keep them at least as associates right?!

Btw what about the Lupos and their firm in EP, meaning is there any recent info or rumor regarding their activities? If theres isnt any than maybe we should remove them also, although some say that Lupo Sr (son of old time Lupo) is connected...i would also like to ask if we should keep Solly D on the list since most sources say that Jimmy I is the top Cicero guy? It would be also interesting if we have the ages of the listed guys...approximately at least
I think they stay and you can probably add Greco onto it as well for obvious reasons now. I would keep Solly up there, my guess is he's playing an Accardo type roll to a degree.

I've asked someone i know from Addison to keep me posted on any spots they know as well. Like Patrick and Tony, I'm not terribly familiar with the area. Maybe Solar knows more?
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

They all used to be on Lake Street in those strip malls - like Barone's and some of those were there 30+ years. I think there are many still around - a lot of them are caffes and sell espresso - lots on 1st avenue too.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

1st avenue off lake i assume?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

funkster wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:09 am
Villain wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:59 am So what is our final decision regarding Butera, Igraffia and Gambino? I think we should keep them at least as associates right?!

I think they stay and you can probably add Greco onto it as well for obvious reasons now. I would keep Solly up there, my guess is he's playing an Accardo type roll to a degree.
Thanks and I agree it is quite possible that both Solly D and Cataudela are looked upon as elderly members of the Cicero crew.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

I have a question....by looking at all of those Outfit-connected legit enterprises, I wonder if they still contract other smaller contractors, so the guys can take some of their work on sub-contract basis? Because if they do, its very easy to scheme, meaning any sub-contractor who will enter into business with them, will probably receive very little in the way of profit and on top of that, the sub-contractor’s end of the business deal bears most of the risk if any investigation occur......
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

It depends on what kind of chart you want to make. If you want to include people connected by business association then yes. The Chicago Crime Commission did a chart in 1997 similar to what your talking about and listed everyone that had some kind of association with the Outfit. Many people though it was inflated but I don’t think it was bc their definition of an associate was different than the FBIs. So obviously it was going to be bigger. If you want to do a chart of just made members and associates that are part of a crew, than no. If you want to include associates based on their business dealings with the outfit, than yes. In fact, you could do that for business, unions, and law enforcement
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:10 pm

It depends on what kind of chart you want to make. If you want to include people connected by business association then yes. The Chicago Crime Commission did a chart in 1997 similar to what your talking about and listed everyone that had some kind of association with the Outfit. Many people though it was inflated but I don’t think it was bc their definition of an associate was different than the FBIs. So obviously it was going to be bigger. If you want to do a chart of just made members and associates that are part of a crew, than no. If you want to include associates based on their business dealings with the outfit, than yes. In fact, you could do that for business, unions, and law enforcement
I get your point and I completely agree, although i think its a little bit early for a 2020 chart obviously because we dont have any current info regarding the top admin or if theres still any, meaning currently all we can do is make a list of everyone involved. For example if theres no top admin and we only have two "separate" groups without any formal hierarchies, then we can add everyone including guys like Ingraffia or Greco.....im almost done with the 1971-2017/18 top admin charts, and to tell you the truth, the years starting from 2014 or 15 and onward are still quite questionable...even before that since everyone says that DeLaurentis succeeded Sarno right?! I still havent seen any hard proof.....meaning what about Cataudella?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Villain wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:59 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:10 pm

I get your point and I completely agree, although i think its a little bit early for a 2020 chart obviously because we dont have any current info regarding the top admin or if theres still any, meaning currently all we can do is make a list of everyone involved. For example if theres no top admin and we only have two "separate" groups without any formal hierarchies, then we can add everyone including guys like Ingraffia or Greco.....im almost done with the 1971-2017/18 top admin charts, and to tell you the truth, the years starting from 2014 or 15 and onward are still quite questionable...even before that since everyone says that DeLaurentis succeeded Sarno right?! I still havent seen any hard proof.....meaning what about Cataudella?

Your right. There is a top admin but we just don’t know who exactly it is. Cataudello has had some health issues and I’m thinking he is more retired. He had 2 heart attacks within the last year. His son is a cnote and was being groomed to move up in the Outfit. He was working at his father’s pawn shop (fence) on Cicero before it was shut down. Unfortunately he got hooked on heroin and I doubt anyone will take him serious. I seriously believe Delaurentis is mostly retire. I’m sure he gives advice but I doubt he is involved very much.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

What about Sarno? Many imprisoned bosses during the old days were still considered top members...Battaglia, Aiuppa, Carlisi....what type of prison he resides in?....do we know something about his relatives?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

He's doing his time at Petersburg in VA, which a medium security prison. I don't recall specifics about his family, but I remember hearing discussion of relatives that ran the bar his family owns.

It's been suspected for awhile, but I'm starting to really think that Jimmy I is consolidating influence. I've also heard that Dino Marino is seen as a guy who is moving up.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

funkster wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:32 am He's doing his time at Petersburg in VA, which a medium security prison. I don't recall specifics about his family, but I remember hearing discussion of relatives that ran the bar his family owns.

It's been suspected for awhile, but I'm starting to really think that Jimmy I is consolidating influence. I've also heard that Dino Marino is seen as a guy who is moving up.
Thanks a lot bud and to tell you the truth, I was "scared" to mention it but most of my sources also point towards Jimmy I, meaning it is possible that he is the current top player for the Outfit
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Villain wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:43 am
funkster wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:32 am He's doing his time at Petersburg in VA, which a medium security prison. I don't recall specifics about his family, but I remember hearing discussion of relatives that ran the bar his family owns.

Thanks a lot bud and to tell you the truth, I was "scared" to mention it but most of my sources also point towards Jimmy I, meaning it is possible that he is the current top player for the Outfit
I don’t think Sarno is running it from inside. He didn’t have that power on the streets. My personal opinion is I think it’s a combination of Vena and Jimmy I