Angelo Ponte

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Super
Straightened out

Re: Angelo Ponte

Post by Super »

Who was his rabbi he was obviously kicking up big amounts had a few brothers, he was mentioned in little Al's book and Mike Russell's. Take down is a great book.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:55 am Ponte seemed like one of the most intelligent the Genovese had. Was he ever involved in any killings or violence or just coasted along kicking up?
If the Westside had to clip someone, do you think they’d tag the guy who kicks up $100 a month from his zero rackets? Or Angelo Ponte who probably kicked up over six maybe even seven figures on occasion a yr?

I’ll rephrase, as a Capo, which one would you prefer to see do life on a racketeering murder bid?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:55 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:55 am Ponte seemed like one of the most intelligent the Genovese had. Was he ever involved in any killings or violence or just coasted along kicking up?
If the Westside had to clip someone, do you think they’d tag the guy who kicks up $100 a month from his zero rackets? Or Angelo Ponte who probably kicked up over six maybe even seven figures on occasion a yr?

I’ll rephrase, as a Capo, which one would you prefer to see do life on a racketeering murder bid?
I mean it was just a question. Seems like it was a mutual relationship. Protect his garbage business and he kicks up.

I just have no idea about his younger history if he had to commit any violence.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:07 pm

I mean it was just a question. Seems like it was a mutual relationship. Protect his garbage business and he kicks up.

Dude, you’re my guy, no offence. You know me.

I was just pointing out that in the mob there are TWO types, tough guys AND earners. Ponte was an earner.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:46 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Dude, you’re my guy, no offence. You know me.

I was just pointing out that in the mob there are TWO types, tough guys AND earners. Ponte was an earner.
Oh I agree with you 100 percent that was my initial point my guy
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:59 pm Oh I agree with you 100 percent that was my initial point my guy
🤘🏻
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

In case anyone wasn't aware, Ponte died back in 2018. He was 93.
All roads lead to New York.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:45 pm No, he was an associate (Genovese). But he was a big earner, obviously in the garbage rackets, but also had millions in real estate and other things.
One of the best examples of why the Genovese have long been the Ivy League of the mob: They kept some white collar guys like Ponte as associates so he’d have less of a target on his back from LE. When a guy like that gets busted, the feds/DA can’t claim that he’s a member of the mafia, which helps keeps sentencing down.

I think someone here or on GBB who grew up with his grandkids said the Ponte family net worth is in the hundreds of millions.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Did he have a brother who was a soldier in the family? He died in the 80tys?