Angelo Ponte

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Jimmy Napoli
Straightened out

Angelo Ponte

Post by Jimmy Napoli »

Anything about him.A lack of infos about him.Was he even made?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Angelo Ponte

Post by Wiseguy »

No, he was an associate (Genovese). But he was a big earner, obviously in the garbage rackets, but also had millions in real estate and other things.
All roads lead to New York.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

I’ve always wondered if the Vinny ponte who is associate with the skateboarding scene in nyc could be angelos son or something?? Anyone know? I have no clue really about either of them but a while back I watched an interview with the Vinny ponte and he mentioned his family having real estate and he seems like a total trust fund rich kid.. you know the ones who are 45 but act 21 and still borrowing like 250k$ twice a year from their dad to upstart some new great business idea that never works out, or profits.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Didn’t someone say Angelo literally owns like over a billion in real estate or something insane like that??? I mean it’s obviously possible if you bought in the right areas in the 70s and 80s... but a billion seems a little exaggerated...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Takedown is a good book, you might like it.

Its about the Carting racketeers .....
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

He bought up all of tribeca when it was a shit hole
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

chubby wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:44 am Didn’t someone say Angelo literally owns like over a billion in real estate or something insane like that??? I mean it’s obviously possible if you bought in the right areas in the 70s and 80s... but a billion seems a little exaggerated...
Nah, those Pontes are filthy rich. There was a thread awhile back.... big family beef. I think they sold ONE property for like a hundred mil or something.....
cosanostra101
Straightened out

Post by cosanostra101 »

he was not made. He had a great restaurant in NYC on Desbrosses Street called F.Illi Ponte. It was great. Had a little cigar bar ares on the second floor and even had valet parking in NYC. He owned a lot of real Estate down in Tribeca. Was very big in the Garbage business.I don't think he wanted to ever get straightened out because he would have had a bigger target on his back.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Ponte seemed like one of the most intelligent the Genovese had. Was he ever involved in any killings or violence or just coasted along kicking up?
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Did he have a brother who was?
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

chubby wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:41 am I’ve always wondered if the Vinny ponte who is associate with the skateboarding scene in nyc could be angelos son or something?? Anyone know? I have no clue really about either of them but a while back I watched an interview with the Vinny ponte and he mentioned his family having real estate and he seems like a total trust fund rich kid.. you know the ones who are 45 but act 21 and still borrowing like 250k$ twice a year from their dad to upstart some new great business idea that never works out, or profits.
He has a son named Vincent, but he's well into his sixties, so I doubt it's the same guy. But the son did lose $300,000 to a con artist named Raffaello Follieri.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/therealdea ... ontes/amp/
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Ponte kind of reminds me of John Staluppi, more of a businessman than mobster.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Takedown is a great book. I actually am re reading it now
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Did Ponte go down in any indictments??? I don't believe so. He's basically on the fringe if I remembered correctly....

He legit w some mob HELP maybe??? Rather then a associate who basically owes it all to the crew
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Did Ponte go down in any indictments??? I don't believe so. He's basically on the fringe if I remembered correctly....

He legit w some mob HELP maybe??? Rather then a associate who basically owes it all to the crew