Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:28 am Very in depth article! He really proved his point and left no room to argue against him.
:lol:

Agree 100%.

The argument ‘prejudice against Italians’ carries as much factual support as BLM. That is to say, none.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

NickleCity wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:55 am
NickleCity wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:53 am Lee Coppola has a new article: Another Voice: Law enforcement needs to stop referring to the 'Mafia'
Oops here is the link: https://buffalonews.com/opinion/another ... e2cde.html
I wonder how he’d go getting this piece published in the Hamilton Spectator? 😂
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:20 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:28 am Very in depth article! He really proved his point and left no room to argue against him.
:lol:

Agree 100%.

The argument ‘prejudice against Italians’ carries as much factual support as BLM. That is to say, none.
Same argument Bongiovanni used when another DEA SA started sniffing around:
In or about June 2016, in response to another DEA SA in the Buffalo Resident Office subpoena of phone records showing contacts between Coconspirator 1 and the defendant BONGIOVANNI, the defendant BONGIOVANNI attempted to dissuade the other SA from further investigating by asking his colleague if he “hated Italians.”
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Did anyone else hear right after the Violi brothers were sentenced, that Rocco Luppino was essentially made Caesar of sorts in Hamilton? I’ve heard stuff like that from hard core Southern Italians, but not the typical Italo you find in Canada.

It was December 2018, I personally didn’t know about the Violis, but found it confusing then, more interesting now.

Basically, the group of people that could do that, were also looking to put a body in the street, couple weeks later Tony Magi, was dead.

Could be part of the reason Vincenzo Luppino was killed. I think a Jew from Toronto names Harold, tied with HA in Toronto, has the connection via the stock market to Magi, also close to the Haitian killed in August 2014 the one tied to Magi, Desjardins and murder of Nico Rizzuto Jr.

I was in Montreal, during World Cup 2014, I didn’t know Vito was dead, the city was messed up, went asking around about Mom Boucher, the Algerians went nuts, with the Muslims in the Wahhabi Mosque in Montreal and the HAs. I couldn’t figure out why?

But now I am able to see the cop/biker front they use, like they have in Hamilton with the Poole family.

The murderer of CeCe Luppino looks like the guys that were flexing in Montreal, when I was down there in 2014.

They may have used this network to abduct and kill Paola Renda, who really knows the advantages you have when you can have members of both gangs bikers and cops working together in the same family or club?
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

NickleCity wrote:
NickleCity wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:53 am Lee Coppola has a new article: Another Voice: Law enforcement needs to stop referring to the 'Mafia'
451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

Please do copy-paste.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

SantoClaus wrote:Did anyone else hear right after the Violi brothers were sentenced, that Rocco Luppino was essentially made Caesar of sorts in Hamilton? I’ve heard stuff like that from hard core Southern Italians, but not the typical Italo you find in Canada.

It was December 2018, I personally didn’t know about the Violis, but found it confusing then, more interesting now.

Basically, the group of people that could do that, were also looking to put a body in the street, couple weeks later Tony Magi, was dead.

Could be part of the reason Vincenzo Luppino was killed. I think a Jew from Toronto names Harold, tied with HA in Toronto, has the connection via the stock market to Magi, also close to the Haitian killed in August 2014 the one tied to Magi, Desjardins and murder of Nico Rizzuto Jr.

I was in Montreal, during World Cup 2014, I didn’t know Vito was dead, the city was messed up, went asking around about Mom Boucher, the Algerians went nuts, with the Muslims in the Wahhabi Mosque in Montreal and the HAs. I couldn’t figure out why?

But now I am able to see the cop/biker front they use, like they have in Hamilton with the Poole family.

The murderer of CeCe Luppino looks like the guys that were flexing in Montreal, when I was down there in 2014.

They may have used this network to abduct and kill Paola Renda, who really knows the advantages you have when you can have members of both gangs bikers and cops working together in the same family or club?
Vincenzo Luppino died of natural causes afaik.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Lupara wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:40 am
NickleCity wrote:

Please do copy-paste.
Two recent federal indictments have hinted at the existence of a Mafia family in Buffalo. Don’t believe it.

That entity, a vast empire that stretched into Canada, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New England, died decades ago. It died when Stefano Magaddino, the head of the empire centered in Buffalo, lost power; when sources of revenue from bookmaking, gambling and labor racketeering dried up; when the sons and grandsons of old-time mafiosi lost interest; and the federal government finally took notice and cracked down with the help of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.

Still, federal prosecutors and law enforcement officials today find it convenient to label a suspect as as a “made member,” and to refer to La Cosa Nostra, the national crime syndicate Magaddino helped form and once headed. Only now, to avoid the word “Mafia,” they claim suspects with vowels at the end of their names who know each other belong to “Italian Organized Crime.”

What an insult, to try to dredge up a past best forgotten and, thankfully, long since gone by the wayside. If the subjects names ended in “ski,” would it then be Polish Organized Crime, or if they ended in “stein,” Jewish Organized Crime? It is especially harmful for such categorization in light of the turmoil the nation has been undergoing stemming from racial discrimination.

In my years as a journalist I reported often on the inner workings of Magaddino’s crime family and the efforts by federal law enforcement agencies and prosecutors to eradicate them. I understand the allure of the word “Mafia,” which, unfathomably, conjures mystique, violence, even romanticism. I have shelves filled with books linked to the subject. And the entertainment industry certainly has taken notice. Witness the popularity of the Godfather or the Sopranos.

But it’s wrong, terribly wrong, for officials to still pin the alleged wrongdoing of a few on an entire class of Americans. Perhaps their reasoning can best be explained by a noted Buffalo defense attorney who told me years ago for a story I was writing on the demise of the Buffalo Mafia:

“If your job was to go into the forest and count the trees, would you come back and say there are no trees?”

There are no trees labeled Cosa Nostra, Mafia, or even Italian Organized Crime in Buffalo. It’s time those charged with maintaining law and order and putting criminals behind bars recognize that.

Lee Coppola is the former dean of journalism at St. Bonaventure University.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Lupara wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:40 am
NickleCity wrote:

Please do copy-paste.
Two recent federal indictments have hinted at the existence of a Mafia family in Buffalo. Don’t believe it.

That entity, a vast empire that stretched into Canada, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New England, died decades ago. It died when Stefano Magaddino, the head of the empire centered in Buffalo, lost power; when sources of revenue from bookmaking, gambling and labor racketeering dried up; when the sons and grandsons of old-time mafiosi lost interest; and the federal government finally took notice and cracked down with the help of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.

Still, federal prosecutors and law enforcement officials today find it convenient to label a suspect as as a “made member,” and to refer to La Cosa Nostra, the national crime syndicate Magaddino helped form and once headed. Only now, to avoid the word “Mafia,” they claim suspects with vowels at the end of their names who know each other belong to “Italian Organized Crime.”

What an insult, to try to dredge up a past best forgotten and, thankfully, long since gone by the wayside. If the subjects names ended in “ski,” would it then be Polish Organized Crime, or if they ended in “stein,” Jewish Organized Crime? It is especially harmful for such categorization in light of the turmoil the nation has been undergoing stemming from racial discrimination.

In my years as a journalist I reported often on the inner workings of Magaddino’s crime family and the efforts by federal law enforcement agencies and prosecutors to eradicate them. I understand the allure of the word “Mafia,” which, unfathomably, conjures mystique, violence, even romanticism. I have shelves filled with books linked to the subject. And the entertainment industry certainly has taken notice. Witness the popularity of the Godfather or the Sopranos.

But it’s wrong, terribly wrong, for officials to still pin the alleged wrongdoing of a few on an entire class of Americans. Perhaps their reasoning can best be explained by a noted Buffalo defense attorney who told me years ago for a story I was writing on the demise of the Buffalo Mafia:

“If your job was to go into the forest and count the trees, would you come back and say there are no trees?”

There are no trees labeled Cosa Nostra, Mafia, or even Italian Organized Crime in Buffalo. It’s time those charged with maintaining law and order and putting criminals behind bars recognize that.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Lupara wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:42 am
SantoClaus wrote:Did anyone else hear right after the Violi brothers were sentenced, that Rocco Luppino was essentially made Caesar of sorts in Hamilton? I’ve heard stuff like that from hard core Southern Italians, but not the typical Italo you find in Canada.

Sorry, I thought CeCe Luppino’s real name was Vincenzo.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Same strange stuff late March 2014, the Portuguese on James St. South in Hamilton were pissed, I think it was related to Bravo and his ‘compare Ray’ in Sicily.

People were looking to kill Ang Musitano, early April 2014, Verducci got it instead.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

I listened to a couple different people tell me about meetings they have had with the National President of HA in Canada, named Truck, and the guy just threatens people with cops. Says he’ll just drop a dime on you, when did that become the HA policy nationally in Canada? Lol 😝

Ask any gangster where that’s allowed lol, imagine a wiseguy bragging about that, he’d be dead.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

@Nicklecity, Sonnyblackstein

Much obliged!
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

SantoClaus wrote:
Lupara wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:42 am

Sorry, I thought CeCe Luppino’s real name was Vincenzo.
Could be, but you later did write Cece so I presumed you referred to the elder Vincenzo Luppino who died a few years ago.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

SantoClaus wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:04 pm I listened to a couple different people tell me about meetings they have had with the National President of HA in Canada, named Truck, and the guy just threatens people with cops. Says he’ll just drop a dime on you, when did that become the HA policy nationally in Canada? Lol 😝

Ask any gangster where that’s allowed lol, imagine a wiseguy bragging about that, he’d be dead.
if you rat out your enemies would your club care ? I think that's par the course for the Mexicans
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

RCMP PROBING GRAVEL CO. SHAKEDOWN SCAM AS POSSIBLE MOTIVE IN FAT PAT MUSITANO HIT

Scott Burnstein

July 18, 2020 – In the years before his violent passing, Canadian mafia don Pasquale (Fat Pat) Musitano perpetrated a shakedown of Hamilton, Ontario commercial builders and construction magnates, pocketing millions of dollars of purported investment capital for a gravel company that didn’t exist, per sources. His reign as the celebrity mob boss of Hamilton came to an end last week. The fictional gravel company extortion was just one of many motives authorities are looking into regarding the headline-grabbing homicide.

Musitano, 53, was murdered last Friday afternoon in a Burlington, Ontario furniture store parking lot, gunned down while flanked by his best friend Joe (Pino) Avignone and elderly bodyguard, John (The British Bulldog) Clary. Avignone and Clary were both wounded in the attack.

When Musitano and Avignone were hit and the assailants sped off, Clary ran after the getaway car and exchanged fire with the driver. On Thursday night, the 59-year old Avignone’s house was vandalized, the word “RAT” spray-painted on his garage, and two cars in his driveway were torched. Avignone has been linked by informants to the gravel shakedown effort, per sources.

Pino Avignone was adopted by the Musitano family in the 1970s and raised with Fat Pat and his younger sibling Angelo (Big Ange) Musitano, as brothers. Big Ange Mustiano was killed in 2017. Clary, born in Great Britain, was a longtime driver and bodyguard for the Mustianos’ father, Hamilton mob boss Dominic Musitano, who died of a heart attack in 1995. Fat Pat replaced his dad atop the crime family founded by his great uncle, Angelo (The Beast) Musitano in the late 1930s.

According to court records and RCMP documents, Pino Avignone ran affairs out of Monello’s Sports Club in Hamilton’s East End and has been involved with murder, narcotics and illegal gambling in the past. He was caught passing messages from the Musitano brothers’ uncle, Tony Musitano, in prison to the street in preparation for the 1983 gangland slaying of Toronto mob prince Domenic Racco and did five years in prison for conspiracy. Tony Musitano died last year of natural causes.

Clary was identified in FBI records from the 2000s as being the Musitano crime family’s go-between with the Buffalo mafia across the border in the United States. With support from Montreal’s Rizzuto crime family, the Musitano brothers pushed the Buffalo mob’s Hamilton crew out of the way in a hostile takeover that took place in 1997 with the murders of crew boss John (Johnny Pops) Papalia and his Niagara Falls underboss Carmen Barillaro.

Clary was reportedly tight with Barillaro and tried to broker a peace in the wake of the Johnny Pops hit to no avail. Barillaro was murdered weeks later. The Musitanos pleaded guilty to the Papalia and Barillaro slayings and each did eight years in prison.

Due to the unrest in the Montreal underworld for the past decade and their alliance with the under-siege Rizzuto mob empire, the Musitano brothers found themselves in the middle of the crossfire in May 2017 with Big Ange Musitano’s murder in his Ontario driveway. Last summer, Clary rammed his car into a rival mobster’s vehicle outside of Fat Pat Musitano’s home thinking that it was an ambush. Months earlier, Fat Pat survived an assassination attempt outside his attorney’s office near Toronto.