Franzese has some racket

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Re: Franzese has some racket

Post by Amershire_Ed »

mafiastudent wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:15 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:03 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:30 am As far sm and religion, he can't multitask?.. Franzese has never been able to Quit The Mob, you see it in how he dresses, the way he talks about the mafia in present tense. So why not social media? More and more people are doing it- Gravano, Culotta. He wants to get paid to play video games or review mob films why not? Eventually you're going to see current member podcasts who aren't discussing OC but something like sports betting. Merlino discussing the Phillies. Isn't Shawn Vetere and Mike Magnafichi already doing something like that?

I've sounded critical of Franzese in the past, it's only due to his story evolving. The "inside info" he provides in comparison to games/films is for the most part accurate. But then the bar is low when the mainstream audience would hear Franzese say Sonny's murder in One is not realistic and react with: "hmm, that is interesting." But hey, he seen a desire to be met and he's meeting it, same with Gravano and Culotta and the trait that connects them is their ability to spot a money making venture and capitalize off of it.
Maybe. I just don’t see the sustainability aspect. Who’s going to tune in to a weekly Franzese diatribe after 3-4 weeks? To hear what.
Alite and Borello are the same. It’s a typical trajectory, start big with people interested to hear revelations, resort to bullshit to maintain the interest then eventually fade out.

But who knows. Personally I can’t stand religious conmen so the guy grates with yours.
Bozo and Brainless had been showing only half their episodes on YouTube and then you had to go to their site to see the rest. Now they're showing the entire episode on YouTube and have "exclusive" extras on that website. To me that means their hopes for a pay for bullshit channel didn't work out quite as they expected. And if their "goal" is to educated youngsters not to get into the "life" isn't that hypocritical to make them pay for the privilege? And why use a godfather like logo as their brand?
I 100% expect Alite and Borrello to have a falling out at some point where they end up on different YouTube channels talking shit about each other. They are both going to blame each other because their membership website didn’t pan out.
mlm0047
Straightened out

Post by mlm0047 »

who went to jail because of him? Am i missing something?
TommyShots
Straightened out

Post by TommyShots »

That settles it, in one of the paragraphs it states Mike was the highest mob figure to testify in Chicago. Great find
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

So let's settle this once and for all... Was he Sonny's real son yes or no?

I think he doesn't look a bit like his father while with the other (younger) son you see the resemblance. It also explains Sonny's weakness for the other son, who fucked up in so many ways, while he didn't seem to want to protect Michael. Personally I think he's adopted.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

The ONLY tv show ive seen that criticized MF Was nothing personal popping champagne.It was about larry champange.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:25 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:15 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:03 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:30 am As far sm and religion, he can't multitask?.. Franzese has never been able to Quit The Mob, you see it in how he dresses, the way he talks about the mafia in present tense. So why not social media? More and more people are doing it- Gravano, Culotta. He wants to get paid to play video games or review mob films why not? Eventually you're going to see current member podcasts who aren't discussing OC but something like sports betting. Merlino discussing the Phillies. Isn't Shawn Vetere and Mike Magnafichi already doing something like that?

I've sounded critical of Franzese in the past, it's only due to his story evolving. The "inside info" he provides in comparison to games/films is for the most part accurate. But then the bar is low when the mainstream audience would hear Franzese say Sonny's murder in One is not realistic and react with: "hmm, that is interesting." But hey, he seen a desire to be met and he's meeting it, same with Gravano and Culotta and the trait that connects them is their ability to spot a money making venture and capitalize off of it.
Maybe. I just don’t see the sustainability aspect. Who’s going to tune in to a weekly Franzese diatribe after 3-4 weeks? To hear what.
Alite and Borello are the same. It’s a typical trajectory, start big with people interested to hear revelations, resort to bullshit to maintain the interest then eventually fade out.

But who knows. Personally I can’t stand religious conmen so the guy grates with yours.
Bozo and Brainless had been showing only half their episodes on YouTube and then you had to go to their site to see the rest. Now they're showing the entire episode on YouTube and have "exclusive" extras on that website. To me that means their hopes for a pay for bullshit channel didn't work out quite as they expected. And if their "goal" is to educated youngsters not to get into the "life" isn't that hypocritical to make them pay for the privilege? And why use a godfather like logo as their brand?
I 100% expect Alite and Borrello to have a falling out at some point where they end up on different YouTube channels talking shit about each other. They are both going to blame each other because their membership website didn’t pan out.
i said this when they first started the podcast.Alite will probably take a bigger cut and start fucking gene out of money and after a while gene will realize it.Alite is smarter than gene and most of the guest that go on are because alite knows them but Gene is more recent rather than ALite talking about the 80s constantly
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Franzese started his own YouTube channel on June 21. He also started up a pizza franchise. As for testifying and his Christian beliefs, I think he has said that he never testified against made guys, not that he never testified at all. He still preaches and sometimes ends his interviews giving his Christian testimony.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Lupara wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:39 pm So let's settle this once and for all... Was he Sonny's real son yes or no?

I think he doesn't look a bit like his father while with the other (younger) son you see the resemblance. It also explains Sonny's weakness for the other son, who fucked up in so many ways, while he didn't seem to want to protect Michael. Personally I think he's adopted.
Michael was adopted yes
His first book, quitting the mob, goes into detail about having a different father
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I think Borello and Alite errored in shitting on Franzese. They should have tried to get him on their show, that way they could try to steal whatever audience he has....
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Blood Covenant.
bc.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Franzese has some racket

Post by Lupara »

JeremyTheJew wrote:
Lupara wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:39 pm So let's settle this once and for all... Was he Sonny's real son yes or no?

Michael was adopted yes
His first book, quitting the mob, goes into detail about having a different father
I wasn't aware he had admitted it himself. Never seen this being mentioned on the forum.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:22 am
JeremyTheJew wrote:

Michael was adopted yes
I wasn't aware he had admitted it himself. Never seen this being mentioned on the forum.
It's at the end of the Yuppie Don book..... his mother, Tina told him, he was very taken aback. Gaining acceptance from his father shaped his whole identity.
Joining the mob, He did it to be close to him.....

Also, in his book, Franzese says he was a successful car dealer before he was a racketeer, and that this initially was what attracted the mafia TO him....
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Lupara wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:22 am
JeremyTheJew wrote:

Michael was adopted yes
Jeremy do you have Blood Oath? Can you take a picture of the page where he goes into his father, so we can compare it with Blood Covenant?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Chris Christie wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:39 am “Had I know I was his true son I would never have doubted my aspiration to become a pediatrician.”
GTFOH
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.