Franzese has some racket

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Franzese has some racket

Post by Angelo Santino »

3,997,874 views. He's gotta be testing the waters, if Franzese doesn't have his own youtube channel by the end of the year I'd be very surprised. For all I know he already has a podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HZbkdEggHI

--

2:31 Oh boy. He calls his brother an informant and omits himself, he's totally trying to scrub his own history! Doesn't even seem like he's going for the whole born-again Christian facade anymore. Time reveals all.

2:42 "I violated that oath by walking away." After this guy dies his declassified FBI file is going to reveal just how much information he provided to the FBI and that can juxtaposed next to his youtube videos now and he'll be seen for what he is post-humus.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: Franzese has some racket

Post by mafiastudent »

He doesn't have his own podcast yet, but he might go the way of Bozo and Brainless. However, he doesn't really need to because he does a lot of talks at business conventions and stuff like that ... and of course all his preaching on Twitter and whatnot.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

mafiastudent wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:59 pm He doesn't have his own podcast yet, but he might go the way of Bozo and Brainless. However, he doesn't really need to because he does a lot of talks at business conventions and stuff like that ... and of course all his preaching on Twitter and whatnot.
If he can make money off of it he will. If I offered him 500 dollars to prick my finger and give me the oath he probably would.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Chris Christie wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:08 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:59 pm He doesn't have his own podcast yet, but he might go the way of Bozo and Brainless. However, he doesn't really need to because he does a lot of talks at business conventions and stuff like that ... and of course all his preaching on Twitter and whatnot.
If he can make money off of it he will. If I offered him 500 dollars to prick my finger and give me the oath he probably would.
LOL. Probably....
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

He has been hustling since the '90s, every football star in America has probably received a ear beating from Michael about the dangers of sports gambling, all paid for by the NFL.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

So funny.. he’s in such denial About his cooperation it’s insane ... and it seems in his more recent interviews he’s trying to almost play up the gangster role more... like someone said earlier he doesn’t even do his whole Jesus Christ born again spiel anymore... it’s crazy to me that vladtv and these people interviewing him supposedly do research on all their guests , especially vlad.. he’s had him on like 10 times and still hasn’t figured out that Michael is a rat???? It’s not hard to find out...
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Chris Christie wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:55 pm 3,997,874 views. He's gotta be testing the waters, if Franzese doesn't have his own youtube channel by the end of the year I'd be very surprised.
YouTube channels actually don’t make as much as people perceive. DEPENDENT on how your channel is set up when it comes to advertising it varies but to give you an idea a video with standard advertising with 15 million views generates around $33k. That works out to around $2k per million views.
$4mil views likely grosses Franchese around $8k. After tax you’re looking at $4-5k. That’s a middle class income and I don’t think Mike ‘not a rat but ma brother is’ Franchese has middle class tastes.
The religion racket pays far better.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I think he sounds like he misses the life and regrets he left it the way he did
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

chubby wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:18 am So funny.. he’s in such denial About his cooperation it’s insane ... and it seems in his more recent interviews he’s trying to almost play up the gangster role more... like someone said earlier he doesn’t even do his whole Jesus Christ born again spiel anymore... it’s crazy to me that vladtv and these people interviewing him supposedly do research on all their guests , especially vlad.. he’s had him on like 10 times and still hasn’t figured out that Michael is a rat???? It’s not hard to find out...
Vlad doesn't care if he's a rat...
He's done several rappers who were rats as well as John alite
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

It'll be interesting to me to see if Franzese really does drop the religious MO.

I think he's the most successful gangster ever
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:50 am
Chris Christie wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:55 pm 3,997,874 views. He's gotta be testing the waters, if Franzese doesn't have his own youtube channel by the end of the year I'd be very surprised.
YouTube channels actually don’t make as much as people perceive. DEPENDENT on how your channel is set up when it comes to advertising it varies but to give you an idea a video with standard advertising with 15 million views generates around $33k. That works out to around $2k per million views.
$4mil views likely grosses Franchese around $8k. After tax you’re looking at $4-5k. That’s a middle class income and I don’t think Mike ‘not a rat but ma brother is’ Franchese has middle class tastes.
The religion racket pays far better.
Superchat donations, patreon, cameo, merch etc. Being paid in views isn't what it once was.

If he wanted to, all he would have to go is just become a gamer and livestream himself playing mob games and talking, people in the superchat would donate money to ask him questions which he could look at the screen and decide to answer or not. 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, it all adds up. I keep emphasizing the gaming because there's a few videos of it, guy like to game, a salut. I'm looking forward to Mafia IV myself.

As far sm and religion, he can't multitask?.. Franzese has never been able to Quit The Mob, you see it in how he dresses, the way he talks about the mafia in present tense. So why not social media? More and more people are doing it- Gravano, Culotta. He wants to get paid to play video games or review mob films why not? Eventually you're going to see current member podcasts who aren't discussing OC but something like sports betting. Merlino discussing the Phillies. Isn't Shawn Vetere and Mike Magnafichi already doing something like that?

I've sounded critical of Franzese in the past, it's only due to his story evolving. The "inside info" he provides in comparison to games/films is for the most part accurate. But then the bar is low when the mainstream audience would hear Franzese say Sonny's murder in One is not realistic and react with: "hmm, that is interesting." But hey, he seen a desire to be met and he's meeting it, same with Gravano and Culotta and the trait that connects them is their ability to spot a money making venture and capitalize off of it.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:30 am As far sm and religion, he can't multitask?.. Franzese has never been able to Quit The Mob, you see it in how he dresses, the way he talks about the mafia in present tense. So why not social media? More and more people are doing it- Gravano, Culotta. He wants to get paid to play video games or review mob films why not? Eventually you're going to see current member podcasts who aren't discussing OC but something like sports betting. Merlino discussing the Phillies. Isn't Shawn Vetere and Mike Magnafichi already doing something like that?

I've sounded critical of Franzese in the past, it's only due to his story evolving. The "inside info" he provides in comparison to games/films is for the most part accurate. But then the bar is low when the mainstream audience would hear Franzese say Sonny's murder in One is not realistic and react with: "hmm, that is interesting." But hey, he seen a desire to be met and he's meeting it, same with Gravano and Culotta and the trait that connects them is their ability to spot a money making venture and capitalize off of it.
Maybe. I just don’t see the sustainability aspect. Who’s going to tune in to a weekly Franzese diatribe after 3-4 weeks? To hear what.
Alite and Borello are the same. It’s a typical trajectory, start big with people interested to hear revelations, resort to bullshit to maintain the interest then eventually fade out.

But who knows. Personally I can’t stand religious conmen so the guy grates with yours.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:03 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:30 am As far sm and religion, he can't multitask?.. Franzese has never been able to Quit The Mob, you see it in how he dresses, the way he talks about the mafia in present tense. So why not social media? More and more people are doing it- Gravano, Culotta. He wants to get paid to play video games or review mob films why not? Eventually you're going to see current member podcasts who aren't discussing OC but something like sports betting. Merlino discussing the Phillies. Isn't Shawn Vetere and Mike Magnafichi already doing something like that?

Maybe. I just don’t see the sustainability aspect. Who’s going to tune in to a weekly Franzese diatribe after 3-4 weeks? To hear what.
Alite and Borello are the same. It’s a typical trajectory, start big with people interested to hear revelations, resort to bullshit to maintain the interest then eventually fade out.

But who knows. Personally I can’t stand religious conmen so the guy grates with yours.
Bozo and Brainless had been showing only half their episodes on YouTube and then you had to go to their site to see the rest. Now they're showing the entire episode on YouTube and have "exclusive" extras on that website. To me that means their hopes for a pay for bullshit channel didn't work out quite as they expected. And if their "goal" is to educated youngsters not to get into the "life" isn't that hypocritical to make them pay for the privilege? And why use a godfather like logo as their brand?
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

He’s definitely taking some shots at Borrello and Alite in his most recent interview. He doesn’t say their names but he said “these guys on the internet talking about made guys and they don’t know anything about made guys. They were never made. They’ve got to talk about other made guys so people will pay attention to them”.

He also calls the FBIs claim that Scarpa killed 100+ nonsense. He was actually bothered by the claim and went into a big rant about the FBI and other people inflating body counts for mob guys.

I agree with another poster that for like 85% of the time, Franzese gives a sober, realistic view of the life and the people he interacted with. But his evolution of being an informant to being someone that chose to walk away from the life is sketchy. And just flat out not true. And every now and then he’ll say something crazy like Junior wanting to make him Underboss or Chin asking him if he wanted to switch families. If he just pumped the brakes a little bit on some of that stuff he would come off as much more credible.
TommyShots
Straightened out

Post by TommyShots »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:46 pm He’s definitely taking some shots at Borrello and Alite in his most recent interview. He doesn’t say their names but he said “these guys on the internet talking about made guys and they don’t know anything about made guys. They were never made. They’ve got to talk about other made guys so people will pay attention to them”.

He also calls the FBIs claim that Scarpa killed 100+ nonsense. He was actually bothered by the claim and went into a big rant about the FBI and other people inflating body counts for mob guys.

I agree with another poster that for like 85% of the time, Franzese gives a sober, realistic view of the life and the people he interacted with. But his evolution of being an informant to being someone that chose to walk away from the life is sketchy. And just flat out not true. And every now and then he’ll say something crazy like Junior wanting to make him Underboss or Chin asking him if he wanted to switch families. If he just pumped the brakes a little bit on some of that stuff he would come off as much more credible.
I agree with what he has said, but what about the 115 guys in the Colombo Family in the 1970s-90s? Is that accurate? or even a made member isn’t told the exact number of members in his own borgata?