Soprano’s ‘Death Scene’

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

InCamelot
Straightened out

Re: Soprano’s ‘Death Scene’

Post by InCamelot »

I think he calls it a death scene because its a scene about the contemplation of death. Death is lurking and a possibility at any moment. For everyone, not just Tony. I don't think it means Tony is dead.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Chase has also said in other moments Tony isn't dead. We can't really take one moment of his into consideration and not the others.

And he got mad because people are always trying to pin down whether the guy died or not.
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

InCamelot wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:28 am Chase has also said in other moments Tony isn't dead. We can't really take one moment of his into consideration and not the others.

And he got mad because people are always trying to pin down whether the guy died or not.
Have you the interview? There is no grey area. Chase goes along with calling it a death scene and talks about an earlier idea he had for Tony’s death. When the interviews tell him that he just confirmed Tony’s death he doesn’t disagree. This article was published in a book over a year ago so like someone else said I don’t know why the media is only picking up on it now. Maybe to drum up publicity for the movie.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I do recall reading several years ago that Chase said Tony didn't die in the last scene.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:03 pm I do recall reading several years ago that Chase said Tony didn't die in the last scene.

Pogo
And he also hypothetically talked about doing a Sopranos movie with Gandolfini, which seemingly wouldn't be possible if Tony is dead.
All roads lead to New York.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Raven wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:00 pm
InCamelot wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:28 am Chase has also said in other moments Tony isn't dead. We can't really take one moment of his into consideration and not the others.

Have you the interview? There is no grey area. Chase goes along with calling it a death scene and talks about an earlier idea he had for Tony’s death. When the interviews tell him that he just confirmed Tony’s death he doesn’t disagree. This article was published in a book over a year ago so like someone else said I don’t know why the media is only picking up on it now. Maybe to drum up publicity for the movie.
This will always be subjective, I just wanna make that clear. But..he doesn't disagree with Tony being dead in that moment because its possible he is. That's the idea of the whole scene. It can happen.

But here's the VOX piece where he says "No" to the question of Tony's death. https://www.vox.com/2014/8/27/6006139/d ... e-sopranos

Its a bit long, but there's some graphics/pictures that highlight his quote maybe a third of the way down.

I think he doesn't even mean to say "he's definitely not dead". But to say "he is dead", wouldn't really be what he was going for. '

He's also said in other interviews that the thought of the audience's hypocrisy of cheering Tony on all these seasons, and then wanting to see him dead irritated him greatly.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Peppermint wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:47 am Is this a serious discussion? I thought the Soprano’s were fictional characters.

But this isn’t the first time I seen you guys talk about them like they actually exist, same with the Corleone's from The Godfather lol so now I’m just confused.
You seem to care a lot for a guy that pretends not to :roll:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

Then Chase, 74, dropped the bombshell: “Yes, I think I had that death scene around two years before the end … But we didn’t do that.”
I took it to mean he was talking about the scene where he thought he was going to end it, where he said he was going to take a ride with the Shah and the screen was going to go black meaning Tony died. Shit the dude is 74 so who knows what's true and what's not or if he's trolling everyone. Especially with his bouncing back and forth on if Tony truly died.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:03 pm
Peppermint wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:47 am Is this a serious discussion? I thought the Soprano’s were fictional characters.

But this isn’t the first time I seen you guys talk about them like they actually exist, same with the Corleone's from The Godfather lol so now I’m just confused.
You seem to care a lot for a guy that pretends not to :roll:
Huge difference between not taking something personally a stranger says about you on the internet, and being curious as to why the Sopranos are discussed as if they actually exist.

For someone who tries to be smart, you aren’t.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

That is his whole schtick. Three posts yesterday and all 3 meant to stir up trouble with 3 different posters.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:50 am That is his whole schtick. Three posts yesterday and all 3 meant to stir up trouble with 3 different posters.

Pogo
And do it in a really odd way w paragraph n paragraph of bullshit
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I was actually refering to Fughedaboutit. ;)

Pogo
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

InCamelot wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:31 pm
Raven wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:00 pm

This will always be subjective, I just wanna make that clear. But..he doesn't disagree with Tony being dead in that moment because its possible he is. That's the idea of the whole scene. It can happen.

But here's the VOX piece where he says "No" to the question of Tony's death. https://www.vox.com/2014/8/27/6006139/d ... e-sopranos

Its a bit long, but there's some graphics/pictures that highlight his quote maybe a third of the way down.

I think he doesn't even mean to say "he's definitely not dead". But to say "he is dead", wouldn't really be what he was going for. '

He's also said in other interviews that the thought of the audience's hypocrisy of cheering Tony on all these seasons, and then wanting to see him dead irritated him greatly.
We agree too disagree. Didn’t Chase say that all the answers are there if you look at the clues? I think Tony definitely died. I didn’t like the way he left it ambiguous though because he had never done that before. I don’t count the Russian as being ambiguous.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:37 pm I was actually refering to Fughedaboutit. ;)

Pogo
Lol well... I mean it can go both ways :twisted:
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

If so who’s the shooter ? The guys that goes to the bathroom?