FBI not knowing Nick calabrese commited all those murders

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pete
Full Patched

Re: FBI not knowing Nick calabrese commited all those murders

Post by Pete »

Villain wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:42 am Maybe i dont get the question but many Mob-related murders were solved years later, meaning until someone like Calabrese or some associate decided to talk. Sometimes the feds received information decades later with the help of bugs. Sorry but i dont get the point....the feds knew that those hits were Outfit-related but didnt have any clue on who executed them personally...nothing special or wierd about that...

Also i know that made guys are the best sources but lets look at this other situation....you think that Chuck Nicoletti or Mad Sam knew everything about what Ricca and Accardo were talking behind closed doors? I dont think so but in many cases the feds obviously heard all about it lol
Agreed 100% the outfit in the 70’s and 80’s when Nick was active has numerous hitters it would be very hard to figure out who killed an outfit guy without a snitch. One of the rare times they could make a case was when they indicted vena in the early 90’s but he was the last person seen with taglia so very different situation. And vena still beat it
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Knowing who commited the murder and having suspects vs not even being on the map.(example: who killed carmime galante, st valentines massacre, paul castellano) my point being is he wasnt even on the fed radar. Usually you have an idea, but not the evidence to convict or no one rolled yet etc. Another example, everyone knows a few murders that Harry Aleman did, but couldnt prove them all. How is that no one knew? Like he was BTK or something.
I am talking about the government not knowing that this guy was not even a suspect in all this murders all this time. What made he go u noticed?
I guess my logic is built shit. Idk what im trying to say.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:59 pm Knowing who commited the murder and having suspects vs not even being on the map.(example: who killed carmime galante, st valentines massacre, paul castellano) my point being is he wasnt even on the fed radar. Usually you have an idea, but not the evidence to convict or no one rolled yet etc. Another example, everyone knows a few murders that Harry Aleman did, but couldnt prove them all. How is that no one knew? Like he was BTK or something.
I am talking about the government not knowing that this guy was not even a suspect in all this murders all this time. What made he go u noticed?
How do you know the Feds never suspected him of anything? Just because he wasn't charged with being involved in any murders in the past doesn't mean he was never a suspect.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Confederate wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:47 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:59 pm Knowing who commited the murder and having suspects vs not even being on the map.(example: who killed carmime galante, st valentines massacre, paul castellano) my point being is he wasnt even on the fed radar. Usually you have an idea, but not the evidence to convict or no one rolled yet etc. Another example, everyone knows a few murders that Harry Aleman did, but couldnt prove them all. How is that no one knew? Like he was BTK or something.
How do you know the Feds never suspected him of anything? Just because he wasn't charged with being involved in any murders in the past doesn't mean he was never a suspect.
B/C the feds admitted as much.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:28 pm
What did they admit & where did they admit it?
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Confederate wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:42 pm
I would have to look for it but somebody I can’t recall If it was fbi or a prosecutor or what said they never thought nick did all that they thought he was his brothers errand boy. I don’t feel like looking for it but I do recall that. As snakes said don’t like to use the term sleeper but not many people had any idea he was involved in so many hits
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

The FBI and the rest of the govt involved in the case said they had no idea nick calabrese was a hitman until he came forward. Its there and others on here will say as much. One who can research better than I can find it. But, yeah.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:40 am
The FBI and the rest of the govt involved in the case said they had no idea nick calabrese was a hitman until he came forward. Its there and others on here will say as much. One who can research better than I can find it. But, yeah.
Okay, assuming that's what the Feds said about it, still doesn't change anything. It's not like Nick Calabrese got away with murder. They "eventually" got him anyway. What has improved is the percentage of knowledge the Feds have about the mob. In 1985, which was 35 years ago, maybe the Feds knew 75% in advance, waited unil they could prove it in Court, & found out the other 25% later. Now, in 2020, they know 95% in advance, wait until they can prove it in Court, & find out the other 5% later. They still know 10 times more than any bullshit "street guy" gossip on this Forum. That's the point.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Confederate wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:17 pm
Okay, assuming that's what the Feds said about it, still doesn't change anything. It's not like Nick Calabrese got away with murder. They "eventually" got him anyway. What has improved is the percentage of knowledge the Feds have about the mob. In 1985, which was 35 years ago, maybe the Feds knew 75% in advance, waited unil they could prove it in Court, & found out the other 25% later. Now, in 2020, they know 95% in advance, wait until they can prove it in Court, & find out the other 5% later. They still know 10 times more than any bullshit "street guy" gossip on this Forum. That's the point.
Confederate, are you of the opinion that the feds have an idea who whacked Ronnie Jarrett and Tony Zizzo or do you feel that this info will come out in the future with another Outfit cooperator?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

cavita wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:21 pm
Confederate, are you of the opinion that the feds have an idea who whacked Ronnie Jarrett and Tony Zizzo or do you feel that this info will come out in the future with another Outfit cooperator?
I don't know but I would be very surprised if the Feds don't already have 95% of all the info about it. Having a very strong knowledge about something & then being able to "prove" it in a court of law are two different things.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I am not assuming anything. They did say that. And your percentages and whatever data points your spewing needs some citations or sources bc it sounds like frustration on your part because we dont share the same opinion. We can agree to disagree.
The onlyreason the feds knew is because NICK told them!! Whether they would find out in later years via another way is not the point. Is what did nick do so well thay allowed him to commit murders-a bakers dozen about and the fbi not have any work knowledge of it until he brought it up himself
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:03 pm
I am not assuming anything. They did say that. And your percentages and whatever data points your spewing needs some citations or sources bc it sounds like frustration on your part because we dont share the same opinion. We can agree to disagree.
The onlyreason the feds knew is because NICK told them!! Whether they would find out in later years via another way is not the point. Is what did nick do so well thay allowed him to commit murders-a bakers dozen about and the fbi not have any work knowledge of it until he brought it up himself
He didn't pull the trigger most of the time. He was just one out of several guys involved. You make it sound like he went around all by himself killing a bunch of people & the Feds were too dumb to know it. Nobody ever said the Feds know everything or that they are perfect. I still don't see the point of your thread? Okay, so the Feds didn't realize he was "involved" in some of those murders. Okay, I agree. So what??
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Confederate wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:19 pm
He didn't pull the trigger most of the time. He was just one out of several guys involved. You make it sound like he went around all by himself killing a bunch of people & the Feds were too dumb to know it. Nobody ever said the Feds know everything or that they are perfect. I still don't see the point of your thread? Okay, so the Feds didn't realize he was "involved" in some of those murders. Okay, I agree. So what??
The point of my thread was to get you to admit you were wrong. And it was a success. Why do you always seem so cranky?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:19 pm
Confederate wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:19 pm
The point of my thread was to get you to admit you were wrong. And it was a success. Why do you always seem so cranky?
I wasn't wrong. Nobody ever said the Feds were perfect. Nick Calabrese got eventually convicted of murder anyway. The Feds know 95% of everything in 2020 & find out the other 5% eventually at some point. I know you want to believe that some anonymous poster is going to know more about the Outfit than the Feds because it makes you feel better so you can "pump up" the home team. As Wiseguy has stated many times, this has been going on for years. lol
Nothing new.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:22 pm Is it true that they (chicago pd, feds etc) had no idea Nick Calabrese commited all those murders unt he fessed up?
If so, how in the freak did they not know? I mean he was in like double digit territory and still not even the slighest clue?
I finally found a stat I was looking for: prior to Nick Calabrese's cooperation, only 14 of 1,111 murders attributed to Chicago mob activity had been solved.