FBI not knowing Nick calabrese commited all those murders

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

FBI not knowing Nick calabrese commited all those murders

Post by Tonyd621 »

Is it true that they (chicago pd, feds etc) had no idea Nick Calabrese commited all those murders unt he fessed up?
If so, how in the freak did they not know? I mean he was in like double digit territory and still not even the slighest clue?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: FBI not knowing Nick calabrese commited all those murders

Post by JeremyTheJew »

How in the freak is right
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:22 pm Is it true that they (chicago pd, feds etc) had no idea Nick Calabrese commited all those murders unt he fessed up?
If so, how in the freak did they not know? I mean he was in like double digit territory and still not even the slighest clue?
I don't like to throw "sleeper" around lightly but Calabrese was one. There isn't much on him prior to Frank's crew getting busted in the mid-90s. Chicago had literally 1,000+ mob murders go unsolved so Nick getting away with 10+ isn't necessarily surprising.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

He was never even suspect. This is the late 80s he was still commiting them. I mean how would they not even suspect him?
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Can we get a list of all the murders he did?
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Look at Harry Aleman, got off because the Judge was on the take. Police were on the take too. Its the LCN. This type of stuff was very common.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Yeah, but everyone knew Aleman was a hitman. It wasnt exactley a secret. I mean the judge let him off of a murder charge I think it was.
But, Nick Calabrese popped about a dozen ppl with the govt not even getting a whiff of him being a suspect in all of them. Yes, there is many unsolved mob murders, but a percentage of the time we know the suspects-whether its an individual, crew, family, contract, etc. But here, not the case. The fact he went undetected for so long, we are not giving him enough credit for how good he was. And yet no one really has any clue, still.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Most of the hits he was on had multiple people. One hit was him, his brother, Johnny apes, joe ferriola, among others, another was Nick, eboli, mArino, ferriola, difronzo, carlisi. Point being how would the fbi have any idea all the players involved in all these hits? Also nick was looked at his brothers lackey by the feds. As far as I know there were never any suspects in any of the hits solved
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Snakes is correct. Nick Calabrese was an unknown quantity until he was finally investigated and arrested. If he and Frank Jr never confessed, Nick would have just been considered an associate in his brother's crew.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Antiliar wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:42 pm Snakes is correct. Nick Calabrese was an unknown quantity until he was finally investigated and arrested. If he and Frank Jr never confessed, Nick would have just been considered an associate in his brother's crew.
They had him dead to rights on the Fecarotta hit before he said anything which is the reason he confessed. They had the bloody glove and the x ray of his forearm and threatened him with the death penalty and he flipped like a damn burger 🍔. And if my memory serves me correct jr is the one who gave them the Fecarotta hit and then they pulled the evidence and they had nick
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Yeah, Jr. (unbeknownst to his father) was the guy giving info the feds. That's why they tested Nick's DNA against what was found on the gloves at the Fecarotta scene. Once they took that swab, Nick knew he was done.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

There is just difference between unsolved and not having any suspects. I mean Fecarotta was his last one right?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

But the feds know everything??? That’s impossible
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Not every govt agency knows everything about every person all the time. Its the people that are employed to that job not the agency they fall under. Since many people on here holds the FBI the be all end all I thought it was a fair question. But not many answers.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Maybe i dont get the question but many Mob-related murders were solved years later, meaning until someone like Calabrese or some associate decided to talk. Sometimes the feds received information decades later with the help of bugs. Sorry but i dont get the point....the feds knew that those hits were Outfit-related but didnt have any clue on who executed them personally...nothing special or wierd about that...

Also i know that made guys are the best sources but lets look at this other situation....you think that Chuck Nicoletti or Mad Sam knew everything about what Ricca and Accardo were talking behind closed doors? I dont think so but in many cases the feds obviously heard all about it lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10