most influential in each family(current)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Peppermint
Full Patched

Re: most influential in each family(current)

Post by Peppermint »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:38 pm
Peppermint wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:35 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:43 am Im a union steelworker. I followed family member(s) into it. If you think certain italian american sub cultures dont have influence over certain aspects of this industry/sector/market then you need to more research.
Yeah, but can these unions today mobilize basically an entire city in such a way that a Presidential convertible motorcade becomes vulnerable to sniper fire?
huh? For one, that rabbit hole I am not even going down. More over, when whoever titled this topic did not envision a debate on the jfk assassination.
But, to yield influence and power you dont need a national takeover. Its about personal connections, credibility, and reputation, etc. You can carve out a small section of a town or half of a zip code. Look when Raymond Patriarcia was boss in rhode island. He had power and influence. Rhode Island is the tiniest of tiniest states.
My point being is, when I think of power and influence. I think of someone, or something, that is able to completely sway an entire society and corrupt the leadership responsible for it’s governance. Regardless of what you believe about Kennedy’s assassination. The mob at one time was able to install Manchurian candidates into government offices, have law enforcement in their pockets, and essentially control the trade of the entire country. Maybe they didn’t kill Kennedy, but Kennedy like his father, did heavily associate himself with the mob up until the midst of his Presidency. Sure they’re well respected, and carry a lot of sway in this respective communities, but I would hardly call any of that being powerful or influential. That’s just having a notorious but reputable status, and respected because of it.

Nevertheless, like I said, I only brought up the Kennedy theory to point out the fact that they are even speculated to have been involved in that goes to show how powerful and influential they used to be. I wasn’t intending to spring an entire debate about it, but I guess that’s what ends up happening when you have literally nothing better to do.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Peppermint wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:45 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:43 am Im a union steelworker. I followed family member(s) into it. If you think certain italian american sub cultures dont have influence over certain aspects of this industry/sector/market then you need to more research.
Yeah, but can these unions today mobilize basically an entire city in such a way that a Presidential convertible motorcade becomes vulnerable to sniper fire?
huh? For one, that rabbit hole I am not even going down. More over, when whoever titled this topic did not envision a debate on the jfk assassination.
But, to yield influence and power you dont need a national takeover. Its about personal connections, credibility, and reputation, etc. You can carve out a small section of a town or half of a zip code. Look when Raymond Patriarcia was boss in rhode island. He had power and influence. Rhode Island is the tiniest of tiniest states.
My point being is, when I think of power and influence. I think of someone, or something, that is able to completely sway an entire society and corrupt the leadership responsible for it’s governance. Regardless of what you believe about Kennedy’s assassination. The mob at one time was able to install Manchurian candidates into government offices, have law enforcement in their pockets, and essentially control the trade of the entire country. Maybe they didn’t kill Kennedy, but Kennedy like his father, did heavily associate himself with the mob up until the midst of his Presidency. Sure they’re well respected, and carry a lot of sway in this respective communities, but I would hardly call any of that being powerful or influential. That’s just having a notorious but reputable status, and respected because of it.

Nevertheless, like I said, I only brought up the Kennedy theory to point out the fact that they are even speculated to have been involved in that goes to show how powerful and influential they used to be. I wasn’t intending to spring an entire debate about it, but I guess that’s what ends up happening when you have literally nothing better to do.
HaHa, you been off topic ever since the thread began. It doesn't matter what you think of power and influence. What your opinion on the title is irrelevant and you haven't been able to answer the question accurately since. He is asking who the most influential MEMBER is. Not a group, not from a historical context etc.
Ill take a crack at Who I think are most influential active members:

Mancuso without a doubt from Bonnanos
Chins son - Genoveses
Corozzos-Gambinos
Andy Mush- Colombos
Dellorusso-Lucchese
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:05 pm

HaHa, you been off topic ever since the thread began. It doesn't matter what you think of power and influence. What your opinion on the title is irrelevant and you haven't been able to answer the question accurately since. He is asking who the most influential MEMBER is. Not a group, not from a historical context etc.

Chins son - Genoveses
Corozzos-Gambinos
Andy Mush- Colombos
Dellorusso-Lucchese
If you didn’t understand my answer, and actually think my point is off topic, then I’m sorry you’re just daft, and don’t understand what a metaphorical example is. Because the answer is obviously that none of them are powerful and influential in today’s society. They’re just “powerful” and “influential” among themselves, which isn’t really having power and influence at all. That kind of power and influence is similar to that of which the admin and mods of these forums have, sure they have tons of knowledge and control the flow of things on these forums. But outside of these forums, they have power and influence over nobody.

Your union for example, and the subcultures that’s still hold what little power they have over them is only going to last for so much longer. With China being the leading manufacturer of steel in the world, and what’s to come following the pandemic. Your union’s are going to be bought out by corporations so they can compete against China. If you think they won’t, just look at what happened to the sanitation unions, all corporate owned now and contracted through the counties and cities no longer through unions, obviously done for much different reasons. But what do I know, my father didn’t spend almost 40 years of his life working in sanitation, and only stopped because once the union got cut out he wasn’t going to make 75,000$ a year anymore.

All you did was list a bunch of douche bags who wish they could as powerful and influential as their predecessors lol
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Peppermint wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:22 pm

Chins son - Genoveses
Corozzos-Gambinos
Andy Mush- Colombos
Dellorusso-Lucchese
If you didn’t understand my answer, and actually think my point is off topic, then I’m sorry you’re just daft, and don’t understand what a metaphorical example is. Because the answer is obviously that none of them are powerful and influential in today’s society. They’re just “powerful” and “influential” among themselves, which isn’t really having power and influence at all. That kind of power and influence is similar to that of which the admin and mods of these forums have, sure they have tons of knowledge and control the flow of things on these forums. But outside of these forums, they have power and influence over nobody.

Your union for example, and the subcultures that’s still hold what little power they have over them is only going to last for so much longer. With China being the leading manufacturer of steel in the world, and what’s to come following the pandemic. Your union’s are going to be bought out by corporations so they can compete against China. If you think they won’t, just look at what happened to the sanitation unions, all corporate owned now and contracted through the counties and cities no longer through unions, obviously done for much different reasons. But what do I know, my father didn’t spend almost 40 years of his life working in sanitation, and only stopped because once the union got cut out he wasn’t going to make 75,000$ a year anymore.

All you did was list a bunch of douche bags who wish they could as powerful and influential as their predecessors lol
So china is going to come here and install the rebar in the concrete, post tension slabs/cables, pour the concrete, lay down wire mesh, structural steel, weld, etc, etc. They made lead the way in manufacturing steel, but its not going to put anybody out of work. Steel is the cheapest per ton its ever been in years.
Actually its the right to work states that put labor unions (like carpenters, electricians, ironworkers etc) out of work. Not because of corporate buyouts. And not for nothing but labor unions is what makes the middle class. Providing health, pension benefits etc and decent hourly pay vs an immigrant getting paid 10 bucks under the table to do the same thing.
They are more influential than what you claim. I digress im the "dolt."
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:33 pm
Peppermint wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:22 pm

Chins son - Genoveses
Corozzos-Gambinos
Andy Mush- Colombos
Dellorusso-Lucchese

So china is going to come here and install the rebar in the concrete, post tension slabs/cables, pour the concrete, lay down wire mesh, structural steel, weld, etc, etc. They made lead the way in manufacturing steel, but its not going to put anybody out of work. Steel is the cheapest per ton its ever been in years.
Actually its the right to work states that put labor unions (like carpenters, electricians, ironworkers etc) out of work. Not because of corporate buyouts. And not for nothing but labor unions is what makes the middle class. Providing health, pension benefits etc and decent hourly pay vs an immigrant getting paid 10 bucks under the table to do the same thing.
They are more influential than what you claim. I digress im the "dolt."
Who said anything about China coming here to do anything? No, all I said was that China is the largest manufacturer of steel, and if the steel industry wishes to compete against China successfully during a trade war, the unions do not have the kind of money to do so, only corporations do. But it doesn’t matter, you clearly don’t know enough about the subject otherwise you wouldn’t have made that outlandish comment to begin with. But I won’t derail the thread trying to explain that to.

I still say no, they’re about as powerful and influential as I am over the people on my online gaming clan. Maybe I should start having them pay me tribute and perhaps I can make your cute little list of washed up mobsters too.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

The question is who is the most powerful/influential in the Five Families today. Don’t know how you got onto Chinese steel.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Etna wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:12 am I'd dare say groups like the Mexican Mafia & Nuestra Familia hold more sway than American LCN in the 21st century. At least as far as street-level crime goes and extortion crimes.
I’ve always thought the Mexican Mafia was interesting because they started as a prison gang and morphed into an actual organized crime syndicate. Once they took over the prisons out west they were basically able to lean on and extort just about any drug dealer they wanted in Southern California and Arizona.
Yonkers103
On Record

Post by Yonkers103 »

don't know how conversation got so off topic. went from asking who you think is most influential in each crew present day to talking about russian mob and cuba and kennedy hit.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

jesus this is the worst thread derailing I have ever seen
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:13 pm The question is who is the most powerful/influential in the Five Families today. Don’t know how you got onto Chinese steel.
Talking about Tony’s union as a steel worker, and how because of the looming decoupling with China in the aftermath of the pandemic, corporations are going to buy out the unions that control these industries in order to compete against China on the international trade arena. Causing whatever mafia subcultures still hold a grip on them, to further lose what little power or influence they still have intact after all these years. Just like what happened to the sanitation unions over where I live, obviously not due to some trade war with a foreign country, but never the less corporations bought out the garbage unions here, and started contracting their companies to the counties accordingly. Undercutting Union workers like my father, forcing him out of the job because he would have made substantially less than the 75,000$ a year he was making prior to the buy out.

Everyone is looking way too much into what I’m saying, further than just examples I was using to drive the point that you can’t say any of them are powerful and influential, considering when you compare them to their former selves or members of similar organizations such as the Russian mob, these guys are hardly powerful and influential anymore except amongst their peers. So it doesn’t matter, because if the organization isn’t powerful or influential anymore, neither will their members.

But I’ll give it a rest after this post, because it’s just turning into semantics
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

The horseshit in this thread is deep.
Yonkers103 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:06 pm bored at home all day everyday because of quarantine and just wondering who would you say out of each family are the most influential names today? who's most respected up and comers and or old timers ? i grew up mostly around the L's in westchester , the west side had some big names mostly in bx and always felt the bx B men were the most feared , not the biggest financial threat but the crew you least wanted to have a problem with and everyone knew who was who. but who would you say are the influential names in each crew today?
Genovese - Bellomo
Gambino - Cefalu
Lucchese - Amuso
Colombo - Russo
Bonanno - Mancuso
Peppermint wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:06 pm I wouldn’t personally call any family today, powerful or influential. Cartel guys pull more swing in their own countries, than any of these guys do in America today. The Solntsevskaya Bratva, for example, Wikileaks revealed that the Russian FSB acts as umbrella to their operations. That is what I call power and influence.

Maybe back in the day the various Italian mobs were wielding that kind of status. But not anymore, what they have today is a hallow degraded sense of their former selves.

Prove me wrong.
The LCN is still considered to be the strongest organized crime group in the extended New York metropolitan area. But it doesn't have a national presence anymore.
JCB1977 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:41 pmThe Russian Mob is more influential than LCN today.
According to who?
JCB1977 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:42 pmVyacheslav K. Ivankov was as powerful as any NY Italian mobster. Without Question
No, he wasn't. He got a lot of hype back in the 1990s but time showed his influence to be overrated, much like the claims about Russian OC in general back then.
All roads lead to New York.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Genovese - Barney Bellomo, Dominick Cirillo, Ernie Muscarella
Gambino - Lorenzo Mannino, Nicholas Corozzo, Lenny DiMaria, Dom Cefalu
Bonanno - Michael Mancuso, Tommy DiFiore, Johnny Joe Spirito Sr, John Palazzolo
Lucchese - Vic Amuso, Steven Crea
Colombo - Teddy Persico Jr, Andy Russo
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

It looks like there's quite a few people who are routinely listed with each family (Bellomo & Cirillo w/ Genovese, Cefalu w/ Gambino, Mancuso w/ Bonanno, Crea w/ Lucchese & Persico Jr. & Andy Russo w/ Colombo). I'd say those are all key members for sure.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Bonanno - Mancuso....although I wouldn't be surprised if someone clipped him. He's a heavy handed guy. Or he will go to jail for life and they will appoint a new boss.

Not sure the others.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Ryan98366 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:23 am Bonanno - Mancuso....although I wouldn't be surprised if someone clipped him. He's a heavy handed guy. Or he will go to jail for life and they will appoint a new boss.

Not sure the others.
Clip mancuso? For what? Who would do it to grab the big seat?