most influential in each family(current)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Yonkers103
On Record

most influential in each family(current)

Post by Yonkers103 »

bored at home all day everyday because of quarantine and just wondering who would you say out of each family are the most influential names today? who's most respected up and comers and or old timers ? i grew up mostly around the L's in westchester , the west side had some big names mostly in bx and always felt the bx B men were the most feared , not the biggest financial threat but the crew you least wanted to have a problem with and everyone knew who was who. but who would you say are the influential names in each crew today?
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Re: most influential in each family(current)

Post by Mason_dixon »

Genovese-Bellomo or Cirrilo
Lucchese- would of been Crea but he is done now so I’d maybe say the Pernas?
Gambino- Cefalu
Bonanno- maybe the hardest one Vinny TV or Spiritro Sr.?
Columbos- Allie Boy, Teddy, or Andy Russo
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

I wouldn’t personally call any family today, powerful or influential. Cartel guys pull more swing in their own countries, than any of these guys do in America today. The Solntsevskaya Bratva, for example, Wikileaks revealed that the Russian FSB acts as umbrella to their operations. That is what I call power and influence.

Maybe back in the day the various Italian mobs were wielding that kind of status. But not anymore, what they have today is a hallow degraded sense of their former selves.

Prove me wrong.
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
TommyShots
Straightened out

Post by TommyShots »

Peppermint wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:06 pm I wouldn’t personally call any family today, powerful or influential. Cartel guys pull more swing in their own countries, than any of these guys do in America today. The Solntsevskaya Bratva, for example, Wikileaks revealed that the Russian FSB acts as umbrella to their operations. That is what I call power and influence.

Maybe back in the day the various Italian mobs were wielding that kind of status. But not anymore, what they have today is a hallow degraded sense of their former selves.

Prove me wrong.
The Cartels wouldn’t even last 10 years if they were US based. Mexican/Latin American Government are easily look the other way if there’s money for them involved.
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

TommyShots wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:37 pm
Peppermint wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:06 pm I wouldn’t personally call any family today, powerful or influential. Cartel guys pull more swing in their own countries, than any of these guys do in America today. The Solntsevskaya Bratva, for example, Wikileaks revealed that the Russian FSB acts as umbrella to their operations. That is what I call power and influence.

Prove me wrong.
The Cartels wouldn’t even last 10 years if they were US based. Mexican/Latin American Government are easily look the other way if there’s money for them involved.
I agree. The drug cartels only thrive because they operate in 3rd world countries that are extremly corrupt and its easy to bribe or intimidate anyone. If they even thought about trying anything like that over in the states they would get shut down so fast it would make your head spin.
TommyShots
Straightened out

Post by TommyShots »

givememysocks wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:44 pm

Prove me wrong.
I agree. The drug cartels only thrive because they operate in 3rd world countries that are extremly corrupt and its easy to bribe or intimidate anyone. If they even thought about trying anything like that over in the states they would get shut down so fast it would make your head spin.
Exactly, real quick. I watch these videos that one of Pablo Escobar’s top hitman used to make before he died, John Jairo Velasquez Vasquez “Popeye” and he told stories about how the 80s and early 90s was and he compared it to today. Basically, he said Cartels usually last 6 years before they start getting pressured by the US, and ultimately collapse.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Prove me wrong.
I agree with you entirely, it’s very circumstantial. Likewise, when the mob actually did wield similar power and influence here in America. The country was in a different time and it was easier and possible for them to install Manchurian candidates into the offices of the senate. Even the Presidency if you count Kennedy, or Johnson’s involvement in the silent coup against him that ultimately lead to Kennedy’s assassination.

My point being however, still stands. I would hardly consider the mob today as powerful or influential. I figured the cartels would have been a weak argument to make my point, and that is why I also used the Solntsevskaya Bratva as an example to further make my point of a criminal organization that actually does wield power and influence in the modern era. Yes, you could argue that it wouldn’t be possible for them to operate in a similar fashion as they do in Russia in America as well. But are you sure? Because the
Solntsevskaya Bratva has completely infiltrated the ranks of the Russian intelligence apparatus and it’s that same apparatus that is actively spreading mass disinformation, and actively trying to meddle in our political system. Whether they assisted Trump or not, is obviously up for debate and something I don’t personally believe in. But what is true is that they did attempt a massive interference in our election process, and did aide Clinton in stealing the nomination from Sanders. There are a monotony of cables released by Wikileaks that indicate exactly that.

I’ll spare you from furthering my rant. The American Italian mob can hardly be considered powerful or influential anymore when there are organized crime rings that wield true power and influence in comparison. The Italian mob that exists today in America is a ghost of their former selves. The only influence they wield, and only power they hold over people, are criminals. They barely hold a grip over crooked cops anymore, because law enforcement has become such a bureaucracy that it’s not possible to have the police in your pockets and internal affairs not figure it out. You can thank Corporate America for rendering the Mob into just another fraternity that’s involved in the occasional shady activity, that on the grand scheme of things is soft as baby shit compared to what they used to do.

So honestly, what influence and power do they actually have anymore? I lurk through a lot of threads here, some that discuss the past, others that discuss the mob now, and the impression I get is that they’re no longer a force to be reckoned with. They kind of just exist now.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Mason_dixon wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:49 am Genovese-Bellomo or Cirrilo
Gambino- Cefalu
The Russian Mob is more influential than LCN today.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

you're right lcn is not so powerful anymore because lacks of politics connections, but still probably the most powerful in the north eastern (new york, new jersey etc.) or even the whole united states because it infiltrated heavily the local economy by far more than other groups, anyway i doubt solntsevskaya bratva even still exists, it seems just a myth
Yonkers103
On Record

Post by Yonkers103 »

yes obviously things have changed over the years but regardless it still fascinated me how no matter what has been thrown at them over the years, internal wars, rats, rico , forensic science, or whatever the case you can make that would destroy the entire structure or tradition of LCN but that they even still exist!! and not only exist but are still functioning is amazing to me. and that there are still some pretty young guys out there still making names for themselves. i see 3 families being around for at least another 20 or so years. west side obviously, Gmen and i believe the B men will be around for some time as well which is really amazing considering all that crew has overcome , and not only that but i still think they have strongest fear factor in my opinion, especially in the bx. that crew was nothing to play with in the bx and i'm not talking about in the 80's i'm talking about all the way up until mid 2000's
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

He was asking who is the most influential, not where they are in the crimimal food chain compared to past, present, or future organizations
I feel like Mancuso is the most influential member of the bonannos. He was promoted to boss while locked up. I believe, not 100%, but a bunch of his crew went to a Lucchese club packing heat to force him being recognized. He was also with the purple gang way back.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Vyacheslav K. Ivankov was as powerful as any NY Italian mobster. Without Question
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
TommyShots
Straightened out

Post by TommyShots »

Peppermint wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:35 pm

Prove me wrong.
I agree with you entirely, it’s very circumstantial. Likewise, when the mob actually did wield similar power and influence here in America. The country was in a different time and it was easier and possible for them to install Manchurian candidates into the offices of the senate. Even the Presidency if you count Kennedy, or Johnson’s involvement in the silent coup against him that ultimately lead to Kennedy’s assassination.

My point being however, still stands. I would hardly consider the mob today as powerful or influential. I figured the cartels would have been a weak argument to make my point, and that is why I also used the Solntsevskaya Bratva as an example to further make my point of a criminal organization that actually does wield power and influence in the modern era. Yes, you could argue that it wouldn’t be possible for them to operate in a similar fashion as they do in Russia in America as well. But are you sure? Because the
Solntsevskaya Bratva has completely infiltrated the ranks of the Russian intelligence apparatus and it’s that same apparatus that is actively spreading mass disinformation, and actively trying to meddle in our political system. Whether they assisted Trump or not, is obviously up for debate and something I don’t personally believe in. But what is true is that they did attempt a massive interference in our election process, and did aide Clinton in stealing the nomination from Sanders. There are a monotony of cables released by Wikileaks that indicate exactly that.

I’ll spare you from furthering my rant. The American Italian mob can hardly be considered powerful or influential anymore when there are organized crime rings that wield true power and influence in comparison. The Italian mob that exists today in America is a ghost of their former selves. The only influence they wield, and only power they hold over people, are criminals. They barely hold a grip over crooked cops anymore, because law enforcement has become such a bureaucracy that it’s not possible to have the police in your pockets and internal affairs not figure it out. You can thank Corporate America for rendering the Mob into just another fraternity that’s involved in the occasional shady activity, that on the grand scheme of things is soft as baby shit compared to what they used to do.

So honestly, what influence and power do they actually have anymore? I lurk through a lot of threads here, some that discuss the past, others that discuss the mob now, and the impression I get is that they’re no longer a force to be reckoned with. They kind of just exist now.
Spot on, the Russian Mob in Russia is basically government officials.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

TommyShots wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:08 pm
Peppermint wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:35 pm

Prove me wrong.

Spot on, the Russian Mob in Russia is basically government officials.
They became more akin to being an Illuminati type group, than they are an organized crime group now. It’s absolutely insane the kind of power and influence they wield.
scagghiuni wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:43 pm you're right lcn is not so powerful anymore because lacks of politics connections, but still probably the most powerful in the north eastern (new york, new jersey etc.) or even the whole united states because it infiltrated heavily the local economy by far more than other groups, anyway i doubt solntsevskaya bratva even still exists, it seems just a myth
I think you’re thinking of Thief in Laws. The Solntsevskaya Bratva without a doubt exists. They just moved on from your standard organized crime activity, while definitely still engaging in those types of crimes. They have mostly integrated into the banking systems in Russia, to gain leverage over and ties with members of the Oligarchs (the people that really control Russia) and of course, the government hierarchies, in particular the State Duma (Russian Senate, controlled by Putin’s party), Federal Security Services (FSB, KGB successor which Putin was formerly a Colonel of), and the Main Directorate of General Staff (GRU, which you guessed it, answers directly to Putin) in fact, an old friend of mine named Joesph Montalbano used to date the niece of Sergei “Mikhas” Mikhailov, her name was Mariya Anastasia Mikhailova. So I promise they’re not a myth, they just became ultra sophisticated, and essentially are the Russian deep state.
Yonkers103 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:42 pm yes obviously things have changed over the years but regardless it still fascinated me how no matter what has been thrown at them over the years, internal wars, rats, rico , forensic science, or whatever the case you can make that would destroy the entire structure or tradition of LCN but that they even still exist!! and not only exist but are still functioning is amazing to me. and that there are still some pretty young guys out there still making names for themselves. i see 3 families being around for at least another 20 or so years. west side obviously, Gmen and i believe the B men will be around for some time as well which is really amazing considering all that crew has overcome , and not only that but i still think they have strongest fear factor in my opinion, especially in the bx. that crew was nothing to play with in the bx and i'm not talking about in the 80's i'm talking about all the way up until mid 2000's
I agree, it is pretty amazing that they even still exist at all, and still hold what little influence they still have. I am sure in Italy the Mafia is much much more powerful and influential still. But Italy still operates under a very different demographic than the U.S obviously does, now that I mention it I think the mob is tolerated if not honored in Italy, in particular due to their role in overthrowing Mussolini during World War Two, although I could be wrong. I think the mob will always be around, no matter how weakened they are now or may become. An organization like this never just disappears, there will always be family that’s interested and wanting to carry on the legacy, and there will always be Italians that want to live that life. As an Italian myself, it’s almost like the Mafia has become part of our ethnic culture, so I believe so long as Italians exist, and there are crimes to commit, so will the Italian Mafia.
Tonyd621 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:51 pm He was asking who is the most influential, not where they are in the crimimal food chain compared to past, present, or future organizations
I feel like Mancuso is the most influential member of the bonannos. He was promoted to boss while locked up. I believe, not 100%, but a bunch of his crew went to a Lucchese club packing heat to force him being recognized. He was also with the purple gang way back.
I know what they were asking. But even so, you can hardly consider individual members anymore powerful or influential than the organization they’re apart of itself. You’re just echoing something I already said but wording it differently: “The only people they still have power and influence over, are other criminals” with that said, that power and influence only extends to their underlings, and in the grand scheme of things is hardly powerful or influential at all, especially when you think about the power and influence they used to assert and exert over people, ordinary people, political people, and law men. Once upon a time maybe, but not anymore.

With that said, it’s irrelevant who the most powerful and influential person in the mob is today, because their respective organizations are hardly powerful and influential themselves anymore.
JCB1977 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:41 pm
Mason_dixon wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:49 am Genovese-Bellomo or Cirrilo
Gambino- Cefalu
The Russian Mob is more influential than LCN today.
It’s terrifying how powerful and influential they are. They might as well be the Russian Illuminati.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Peppermint wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:56 pm if you’re thinking of Thief in Laws. The Solntsevskaya Bratva without a doubt exists. They just moved on from your standard organized crime activity, while definitely still engaging in those types of crimes. They have mostly integrated into the banking systems in Russia, to gain leverage over and ties with members of the Oligarchs (the people that really control Russia) and of course, the government hierarchies, in particular the State Duma (Russian Senate, controlled by Putin’s party), Federal Security Services (FSB, KGB successor which Putin was formerly a Colonel of), and the Main Directorate of General Staff (GRU, which you guessed it, answers directly to Putin) in fact, an old friend of mine named Joesph Montalbano used to date the niece of Sergei “Mikhas” Mikhailov, her name was Mariya Anastasia Mikhailova. So I promise they’re not a myth, they just became ultra sophisticated, and essentially are the Russian deep state.
thieves in laws still exists i highly doubt about solntsevskaya bratva i've never heard of any indictment against them in the last 20 years i don't think they are an organization anymore with structure etc. no matter if some of them became a politician or oligarch, the organization is dead in my opinion just as jewish mob in the states in the 1940s