(Part One) The Godfather of Staten Island

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: (Part One) The Godfather of Staten Island

Post by Wiseguy »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:14 pm There are indicators that the union Cacace was involved with, I think it was some sort of crane operators union, is still corrupt even after federal oversight was placed in 2003. But there is no evidence that either Cacace or his sons are still involved and if there Colombos were indeed able to maintain control over it, it would likely be through Vincent Ricciardo and his successor, Dennis DeLucia. It’s not totally impossible that the union is still mobbed up under our noses, as the Colombos were able to control a Cement and Concrete Workers Union Local for 20 years after the Commission case in 1986 saw Ralph Scopo Sr.’s conviction. In fact, it was Scopo’s son and grandson that blatantly ran the union both on paper, and under the table. Since the 2011 indictment that saw the union placed into trusteeship, the website for one Local has a Joseph Scopo, an alleged Gambino soldier, as a treasurer, or something similar (IIRC).

We know that for the Colombos, union control doesn’t always reach the administration, as Tommy Gioeli had no direct role in the concrete unions when he was acting boss, and Andy Russo also had minimal-to-no input. So it’s definitely possible that the Colombos were able to continue with their control of the union after the 2003 indictment & federal oversight, without the union coming up in the 2011 administration bust.
Union of Operating Engineers. The case Cacace was involved in was two indictments against the Colombo and Genovese families. Even after the 2003 case, the union was still accused of inflating prices of rebuilding the WTC, among other projects.
All roads lead to New York.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Thanks for the clarification, Wiseguy. I remember reading that the union was particularly lucrative because of the short supply of qualified operating engineers, so the union can inflate more for their services.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Just got around to reading it all. Very well done Gohn. Honestly I would say this is the epitome of american CN today. I don't think its an outlier. I think this is how it is and what you will see. the recruitment pool is this.

sure is the west side and Gambinos a little different? eh....you got the guy Fiore on the phone with his ex wife talking about meetings due to frank cali death.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Vinny was barely a gangster
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

the guys been around for a while. different crews what makes you say that?
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:14 pm There are indicators that the union Cacace was involved with, I think it was some sort of crane operators union, is still corrupt even after federal oversight was placed in 2003. But there is no evidence that either Cacace or his sons are still involved and if there Colombos were indeed able to maintain control over it, it would likely be through Vincent Ricciardo and his successor, Dennis DeLucia. It’s not totally impossible that the union is still mobbed up under our noses, as the Colombos were able to control a Cement and Concrete Workers Union Local for 20 years after the Commission case in 1986 saw Ralph Scopo Sr.’s conviction. In fact, it was Scopo’s son and grandson that blatantly ran the union both on paper, and under the table. Since the 2011 indictment that saw the union placed into trusteeship, the website for one Local has a Joseph Scopo, an alleged Gambino soldier, as a treasurer, or something similar (IIRC).

We know that for the Colombos, union control doesn’t always reach the administration, as Tommy Gioeli had no direct role in the concrete unions when he was acting boss, and Andy Russo also had minimal-to-no input. So it’s definitely possible that the Colombos were able to continue with their control of the union after the 2003 indictment & federal oversight, without the union coming up in the 2011 administration bust.
Joseph Scopo is Joe Scopo Jr. The son of Joe Scopo Sr. Who was killed in front of his home by John Pappa that supposedly ended the Colombo war
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Vinnys dead now...knew him for a long time.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Was never straightened out either.
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Who's dead ? Who's not straightened out? The guy mentioned was Vinny the Gambino guy who lives in CT .....Vincent Fiore right? Is that the Vinny your saying is dead and never had his button?
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

I didnt mean he lived in CT but he was indicted and associated with a lot of guys from Ct
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

I apologize i was responding to southshore88 about Vinny Lang ..Gerry Langs son.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Jbravo wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:54 pm I apologize i was responding to southshore88 about Vinny Lang ..Gerry Langs son.
Larry Mazza was not a fan of him in his book. I believe he was on-record with Reynold Maragni prior to his death although I don’t think he was into any rackets other than his role in the 2001 pump and dump case he was convicted for.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

How did Vinnie Lang die so young?
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Very over weight ...diabetes..yes gohn jotti the pump and dumps was his claim to fame...i used to work in those boiler rooms in the late 90s...vinny was very close to nicky lanza...i grew up with these guys.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

He had some money on the streets..