(Part One) The Godfather of Staten Island

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Re: (Part One) The Godfather of Staten Island

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

The Persico’s is what ruined the Colombo family
They were like the Gotti’s they basically brought down the whole family. Joe Colombo himself got way too public with his whole Italian American League. Joey Gallo goes to war with Profaci
As greedy as a boss Profaci was atleast he was traditional he was Sicilian and old school I think if the family would of remained control by the Profaci family with no wars or Beefs I think this organization would of became a lot more stronger and powerful today
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Nobody really knows where either of those three stand right now. Gioeli was a respected acting boss and had a loooooong run at the top, but his successors undid a lot of the stuff he did, and started shaking down Gioeli’s former associates. Dino Saracino, a Gioeli underling & soldier, had his entire loansharking book poached.

Cacace’s son(s) are still involved, and working with underboss Ben Castellazzo. That indicates that Cacace has stuff waiting for him when he gets out. Also, in Tommy Gioeli’s 2008 indictment and Ben Castellazzo’s indictment two years later, there are indications that Cacace’s rackets were absorbed, but not poached, by Gioeli’s regime, and evidence from 2010 in Castellazzo’s case indicates that the tribute money absorbed by Gioeli from former Cacace associates like John Azzarelli eventually found its way back into the hands of Cacace’s sons, one way or another. Angelo Spata also kicked up money to “incarcerated members of the Colombo administration”, which may or may not include Cacace.

In the two prior occasions that Skinny Teddy walked out of prison as a made man - 2004 and 2008 - both times, he was groomed for an administrative position in the family. Upon his 2004 release he was only a soldier, but according to tapes made by Kenny Gallo and his book, Persico Jr. was given the royal treatment by others in his family and in the Colombo administration. Upon his 2008 release from prison, he was promoted to captain and became a member of the family’s three-man ruling panel, which ran the family in the place of Massachusetts-based street boss Ralph DeLeo.

With that in mind, it’s pretty safe to say that Skinny Teddy has a lot more waiting for him than Cacace or Gioeli, and sources for the NY Daily News pegged Skinny Teddy as heir to the throne when Allie Persico was sentenced to life in 2009. Skinny Teddy is also unmarried and has no children; he really doesn’t know anything other than Cosa Nostra and prison.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

It’s really seems that the Colombo family exists purely to put money in Persico family members pockets. They fought so hard to keep control of the family that they probably don’t care where they rank in terms of power and influence with the other families... as long as the persico family and extended family are able to live large then they are probably content. You would have to think that there are some really young 20-30 year old persico family members that are being groomed into the life. But with out all the craziness and murders of that past how street smart will these youngsters really be?
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Great Pt.3 Gohn !! 👍👍
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Awesome read on all 3 parts! Will be interesting to see how it plays out in court
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

That family has always interested me but I gotta admit Gohn you've done a hell of a job and have me checking your site all the time to see if you've written anything new......With Teddy Jr. Now in the halfway house in New York and set to be released at the end of May it's going to be interesting to see what happens with them with all that's been talked about ,if he's smart Teddy would be smart to relax while on supervised release but judging by his past we will have to see ,maybe with the opportunity to lead the family as a possibility for him he will change his ways who knows
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

CTamg65 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:53 pm That family has always interested me but I gotta admit Gohn you've done a hell of a job and have me checking your site all the time to see if you've written anything new......With Teddy Jr. Now in the halfway house in New York and set to be released at the end of May it's going to be interesting to see what happens with them with all that's been talked about ,if he's smart Teddy would be smart to relax while on supervised release but judging by his past we will have to see ,maybe with the opportunity to lead the family as a possibility for him he will change his ways who knows
I doubt Teddy will ever change his ways. He's a violent psychopath who doesn't seem to mind being in prison, and at this point he's probably so institutionalized he might actually prefer being there. My guess is he'll be back behind bars within 3 years.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:19 pm
Targenmantarian wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:14 pm Awesome.

What's the next topic?
No clue!
I would love ANYTHING you could scrounge up on Gerry Lang....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:09 pm Listen here Gotti Senior was a terrible mob boss he’s known as the guy that brought the Gambino Family down. But atleast he didn’t think he was black speaking ghetto and acting like a wigger. These jerks are covered with tattoo’s and wear Jordan sneakers. I mean come on look at the originals godfathers that created the LCN it’s like a slap in the face. All these kids in the indictment are mob obsessed they read books and watch movies.
Just a question here, but in the 70s, didnt they wear the shirts with the open collars and all that? Gold chains?

Also, the 80s was like, velour track suits and sneakers? Or no?
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:06 am
gohnjotti wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:19 pm
Targenmantarian wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:14 pm Awesome.

What's the next topic?
No clue!
I would love ANYTHING you could scrounge up on Gerry Lang....
Agreed - also know that his son followed in his footsteps. Would love to read anything that you can drum up for either Langella!
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:44 pm Nobody really knows where either of those three stand right now. Gioeli was a respected acting boss and had a loooooong run at the top, but his successors undid a lot of the stuff he did, and started shaking down Gioeli’s former associates. Dino Saracino, a Gioeli underling & soldier, had his entire loansharking book poached.

Cacace’s son(s) are still involved, and working with underboss Ben Castellazzo. That indicates that Cacace has stuff waiting for him when he gets out. Also, in Tommy Gioeli’s 2008 indictment and Ben Castellazzo’s indictment two years later, there are indications that Cacace’s rackets were absorbed, but not poached, by Gioeli’s regime, and evidence from 2010 in Castellazzo’s case indicates that the tribute money absorbed by Gioeli from former Cacace associates like John Azzarelli eventually found its way back into the hands of Cacace’s sons, one way or another. Angelo Spata also kicked up money to “incarcerated members of the Colombo administration”, which may or may not include Cacace.

In the two prior occasions that Skinny Teddy walked out of prison as a made man - 2004 and 2008 - both times, he was groomed for an administrative position in the family. Upon his 2004 release he was only a soldier, but according to tapes made by Kenny Gallo and his book, Persico Jr. was given the royal treatment by others in his family and in the Colombo administration. Upon his 2008 release from prison, he was promoted to captain and became a member of the family’s three-man ruling panel, which ran the family in the place of Massachusetts-based street boss Ralph DeLeo.

With that in mind, it’s pretty safe to say that Skinny Teddy has a lot more waiting for him than Cacace or Gioeli, and sources for the NY Daily News pegged Skinny Teddy as heir to the throne when Allie Persico was sentenced to life in 2009. Skinny Teddy is also unmarried and has no children; he really doesn’t know anything other than Cosa Nostra and prison.
When does Cacace get released? Are his sons still involved with the union at all?
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Southshore88 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:35 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:44 pm Nobody really knows where either of those three stand right now. Gioeli was a respected acting boss and had a loooooong run at the top, but his successors undid a lot of the stuff he did, and started shaking down Gioeli’s former associates. Dino Saracino, a Gioeli underling & soldier, had his entire loansharking book poached.

When does Cacace get released? Are his sons still involved with the union at all?
Or am I confusing Cacace with Wild Bill and the unions?

I find labor racketeering to be so interesting and would love to learn more about the Colombo involvement with the unions. I know that their influence wasn’t as influential as the Genovese/Lucchese/Gambino families but still had a nice little piece carved out.
Griz23
Straightened out

Post by Griz23 »

Southshore88 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:35 pm

I believe Cacace was released a month or so ago. He might be in a halfway house. Someone might know better then me.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

There are indicators that the union Cacace was involved with, I think it was some sort of crane operators union, is still corrupt even after federal oversight was placed in 2003. But there is no evidence that either Cacace or his sons are still involved and if there Colombos were indeed able to maintain control over it, it would likely be through Vincent Ricciardo and his successor, Dennis DeLucia. It’s not totally impossible that the union is still mobbed up under our noses, as the Colombos were able to control a Cement and Concrete Workers Union Local for 20 years after the Commission case in 1986 saw Ralph Scopo Sr.’s conviction. In fact, it was Scopo’s son and grandson that blatantly ran the union both on paper, and under the table. Since the 2011 indictment that saw the union placed into trusteeship, the website for one Local has a Joseph Scopo, an alleged Gambino soldier, as a treasurer, or something similar (IIRC).

We know that for the Colombos, union control doesn’t always reach the administration, as Tommy Gioeli had no direct role in the concrete unions when he was acting boss, and Andy Russo also had minimal-to-no input. So it’s definitely possible that the Colombos were able to continue with their control of the union after the 2003 indictment & federal oversight, without the union coming up in the 2011 administration bust.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:14 pm There are indicators that the union Cacace was involved with, I think it was some sort of crane operators union, is still corrupt even after federal oversight was placed in 2003. But there is no evidence that either Cacace or his sons are still involved and if there Colombos were indeed able to maintain control over it, it would likely be through Vincent Ricciardo and his successor, Dennis DeLucia. It’s not totally impossible that the union is still mobbed up under our noses, as the Colombos were able to control a Cement and Concrete Workers Union Local for 20 years after the Commission case in 1986 saw Ralph Scopo Sr.’s conviction. In fact, it was Scopo’s son and grandson that blatantly ran the union both on paper, and under the table. Since the 2011 indictment that saw the union placed into trusteeship, the website for one Local has a Joseph Scopo, an alleged Gambino soldier, as a treasurer, or something similar (IIRC).

We know that for the Colombos, union control doesn’t always reach the administration, as Tommy Gioeli had no direct role in the concrete unions when he was acting boss, and Andy Russo also had minimal-to-no input. So it’s definitely possible that the Colombos were able to continue with their control of the union after the 2003 indictment & federal oversight, without the union coming up in the 2011 administration bust.
Thanks as always for the great info Gohn!