Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:40 am

Okay, first of all, I would say one NY family were Involved in the 2017 bust, Bonnanos, The drug part? Semplice was a Gambino , busted with Ragusa, an enforcer.. that was loansharking primarily...

Are you saying the Gambinos were the brokers(?), cause they didnt have anything to do with the Violis. That was a separate investigation that shared Morena as an informant.

Just tell me this, how did Semplice connect to the Violis? Are you trying to say the Gambinos were the drug link? Because the Carfana indictment would seem to contradict this....

That's you using the Gambino portion of the indictment to downplay the Violis role... even as you will always argue the 5 families are marginalized in the trade, it's really confusing.....

And they taped Guiseppe Violi saying he introduced crack to Hamilton, this was in the 90s....

The Gambinos in Otremens was Semplice. Ragusa? Zummo and his cousin, Russo on conspiracy. These were the Bonnanos, along with Morena...
You're right about that. The NY family with the involvement in drugs in the case was the Bonannos. However, the point remains. Rather than me trying to downplay the Violi's role - I never said they weren't drug guys - I've been cautioning you and others against assuming his role was bigger than it was in the overall operation. But even if we were to assume this was almost entirely their operation, it still doesn't warrant many of the conclusions some here have arrived at regarding them; much less the Buffalo family as a whole. All we can do is look at the available cases. I don't feel as comfortable in making assumptions about what they've been doing or not doing over the past 20 years. There's not enough data to arrive at the conclusions many here have been. And you can't divorce them from the overall Buffalo issue because that's what this is ultimately about.
CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:51 am When you say, " Nobody said NY cant organize a load..."

Then what is all the marginalized talk? Like HOW are they marginalized? Money to buy? The mafia isnt that broke. It would be the connections, right? American mobsters dodnt just up and go to Colombia, right? But they go to Costta Rica for their gambling ops, everyone vacations in Mexico.....

I was pretty astounded when the Sicilian mafia reached out to Cali, and he had a load going to Sicily in no time at all....

Just let me get this straight, if not trafficking in a lot of drugs, what e exactly do YOU think the Violis have been doing all this time? You got me genuinely intrigued ...

Why are they sought out first by Montagna, then Zummo, why do they carry such clout? What's their underworld specialty if not narcotics?

I dont even know why I'm engaging, I really believe you just enjoy trolling, lol

But seriously, forget about the Buffalo part, because they just got made 5 years ago. What do you think they were doing for the other 20 years if not trafficking?
I'm not sure how many more ways I can explain this, especially to one who claims to understand the drug trade so well. The LCN has been marginalized in the drug trade in the sense that other groups have a greater presence in it today and move far more amounts. A group could have a direct link to the top guy in the Gulf clan guy in Colombia for cocaine. But if they're moving much less cocaine than the group next door, they're marginalized compared to them.

The mob's relative control of heroin ended in the mid-1980's. They were never in a position to control cocaine or marijuana. If you look at the cases, the NY families do remain significant traffickers in their own right. And they tend to show quite a bit of diversity in the drugs they traffic. But relative to the Latin groups primarily, they have been marginalized. The Mafia in NY is still a significant player in the drug trade but isn't the main player. Read the latest DEA National Drug Threat Assessment. I posted the link the other week.
Last edited by Wiseguy on Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
All roads lead to New York.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:21 pm I was right, GB that Paul manning posted stood for Giorgio Barresi, a real estate agent in the stoney creek area. Previously associated with Musitano and linked to them in project Scoppa
Below is a link to the Hamilton Police Service's second news release regarding the murder investigation; the first had not yet identified Barresi -- the police should have contacted Moscone first. :D

https://hamiltonpolice.on.ca/news/hamil ... e-of-2020/

Again, my apologies to the board for writing so certainly yesterday that the victim had a storied mobster surname.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Barresi is on the Musitano chart
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

John W wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:21 am Barresi is on the Musitano chart
Yup. Moscone65 mentioned that Barresi was linked to Musitano in the Project Scopa investigation.

Here's one link to the diagram, found on p. 108 of this current thread:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4122&p=100573&hili ... pa#p100573

Barresi's mug appears at the very bottom of the photo.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Project Scoppa... I feel there is a link here to the Scoppas in Montreal.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Lupara wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:46 am Project Scoppa... I feel there is a link here to the Scoppas in Montreal.
i think it's over a famous italian card game
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Lupara wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:46 am Project Scoppa... I feel there is a link here to the Scoppas in Montreal.
Good info Lupara and anti mafia

What’s your guess about this Hamilton Todaro crew being directly involved in the ongoing Canada war ? The CeCe murder is very interesting
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Cross-posting.
-----------------
Re: this past Monday's murder of Giorgio Barresi.

Why was Giorgio Barresi killed outside his Stoney Creek home?

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9875 ... eek-home-/
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Police identify Giorgio Barresi as victim of Hamilton's second homicide of 2020

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton ... -1.5485243
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Good article. Interesting on CeCe. Looks like a full blown war up there, unreal shot today . Thanks

The Luppino family was once a powerhouse in organized crime in the region. Court documents filed by the RCMP show the Luppino family is connected to a web of organized crime stretching from Hamilton to Buffalo, N.Y.

The documents, which were filed as part of the drug trafficking case against Domenico Violi and his brother Giuseppe (Joey) Violi, link the two families together. The RCMP also say the Luppino-Violi family is a faction of the Todaro crime family in Buffalo that is run by Joe Todaro, Jr.

Police say Luppino was 43-years-old. (Facebook)
Both Rocco Luppino and his brother Natale are "made" members of the Buffalo family who operate in Hamilton, police say
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

TommyNoto wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:42 pm Good article. Interesting on CeCe. Looks like a full blown war up there, unreal shot today . Thanks

The Luppino family was once a powerhouse in organized crime in the region. Court documents filed by the RCMP show the Luppino family is connected to a web of organized crime stretching from Hamilton to Buffalo, N.Y.

The documents, which were filed as part of the drug trafficking case against Domenico Violi and his brother Giuseppe (Joey) Violi, link the two families together. The RCMP also say the Luppino-Violi family is a faction of the Todaro crime family in Buffalo that is run by Joe Todaro, Jr.

Both Rocco Luppino and his brother Natale are "made" members of the Buffalo family who operate in Hamilton, police say
Well, we’ve got another 1/30 candidates for the Todaro crime family, now that police are saying Natale was made too.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

You also have the case in 2013 of Big John Venizelos who lived in Staten Island and worked at Jaguars 3 in Brooklyn that was owned by Johnny Greens son John Ferace who was operating an over billion dollar cross border Canada to NY International drug ring for the Mob , Mainly the Bonnano family and whoever else , So I'd say the NY Mob is operating at a high level in the drug trade . You also have Drug indictments/cases and contraband Tobacco and alcohol back and forth from NY to Canada involving Buffalo and Nyc mob members and associates over the last 25-30 years in the hundreds of millions and billions of dollars
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Bklyn21 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:52 pm You also have the case in 2013 of Big John Venizelos who lived in Staten Island and worked at Jaguars 3 in Brooklyn that was owned by Johnny Greens son John Ferace who was operating an over billion dollar cross border Canada to NY International drug ring for the Mob , Mainly the Bonnano family and whoever else , So I'd say the NY Mob is operating at a high level in the drug trade . You also have Drug indictments/cases and contraband Tobacco and alcohol back and forth from NY to Canada involving Buffalo and Nyc mob members and associates over the last 25-30 years in the hundreds of millions and billions of dollars
I think that was actually Jimmy Courneyers operation.... the Bonnanos moved a lot of it....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

wrote: I'm not sure how many more ways I can explain this, especially to one who claims to understand the drug trade so well. The LCN has been marginalized in the drug trade in the sense that other groups have a greater presence in it today and move far more amounts. A group could have a direct link to the top guy in the Gulf clan guy in Colombia for cocaine. But if they're moving much less cocaine than the group next door, they're marginalized compared to them.
[quote/]

Are you saying the groups sending coke are the same people selling it?... They wouldnt be the same....

If they bought it in a source Country, usually you have to arrange your own transport. Gangbangers ain't chartering ships, they just arnt, they are mostly distributors. Most wont even leave their own neighborhoods, let alone get a passport stamped...

The Iraninan gang that was dealing with the Mexicans, went down to Mexico to arrange their own transport, that's how you get a better price....

Like I read that Drug assessment, it said average price for a gram of coke was between, like let's say ballpark, 100-150 a gram, something like that. I forget the exact number. You buy in Colombia, 5 dollars a gram. The margins, not the quantity of coke is what you should be looking at. A group with that leverage can push out competitors. The Albanians have been doing this in Europe.... because they bought at 5-6 a kilo, they had the leverage to push out wholesalers that were charging 22,500. They didnt charge 100 a gram, they went half that. The other distributors couldnt match the price.

You dont beat the other groups on market share in the streets, like street corner for street corner. That's for distributors to fight it out. You approach these groups, and offer a better price, that's how you build your market share. Not by putting a hundred Italian teens on 3 street corners. By talking to the 3 guys that RUN those corners, and offering better pricing. We are talking Traffickers, not Dealers.....

These groups move more amounts because they control more territory in the streets... and endless supplies of mostly kids to take the place of others that get caught. They control territories that cops dont patrol often, or do so haflheartedly.

(You dont seem to get that the NY mafia could BE the wholesalers if they wanted, much like the Sicilian mafia was wholesaling to Europe. Paolo LoPorta was caught on tape saying, " We control all the coke in Brooklyn too", ....)

In Hamilton, a direct line maybe puts these guys at the top of the chain...

What have we read recently? Mexicans coming to Ccanada in numbers, killing off independent importers who couldnt make payment or otherwise unreliable...

What would you rather do as a Mobster? Deal with Colombians for the best price, and call your own shot, set your price, control the local market. Or deal with the Mecicans, maybe have access to bigger quantities, but pay a wholesale rate, 20-25k a kilo.

( Info from Chapos trial said they were charging 35k to distributors, better than the 25 in LA and Chicago..)

wrote:The mob's relative control of heroin ended in the mid-1980's. They were never in a position to control cocaine or marijuana. If you look at the cases, the NY families do remain significant traffickers in their own right. And they tend to show quite a bit of diversity in the drugs they traffic. But relative to the Latin groups primarily, they have been marginalized. The Mafia in NY is still a significant player in the drug trade but isn't the main player. Read the latest DEA National Drug Threat Assessment. I posted the link the other week.
And this marginalized talk is what I mean. I talk about the Violis in coke, and your argument against it is the NEW YORK families are not big in it, so the Violis CANT be big in it.

The Violis wouldnt be on the streets with baggies nickel and diming, they would make deals, like Vito did with crime groups that move coke.... for the best price....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:22 pm
TommyNoto wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:42 pm Good article. Interesting on CeCe. Looks like a full blown war up there, unreal shot today . Thanks

Well, we’ve got another 1/30 candidates for the Todaro crime family, now that police are saying Natale was made too.
Natale, maybe, Carfana and Scoleri, Rocco Luppino, the Violi brothers.... maybe we can get to 10...