Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by TommyNoto »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:02 pm
Since when? Because, according to the National Post article, an FBI spokesman declined to comment. So currently there's no position

The "no comment" is the standard Fed reply to most media requests. Shouldn't read into that that the Feds have suddenly changed their stance on Buffalo.

That's the notion that I'm disputing. That hundreds of kilograms of cocaine being smuggled across the border, local police corruption, administrative changes, making ceremonies, and a drug-trafficking alliance with another crime family is "residual activity."

It is similar to Cleveland in the late 90s/early 2000s. You had a making ceremony, members and associates involved in a cross country multi kilo cocaine ring from Cleveland to California which I believe involved a former cop, you had that car theft ring connected to Rochester guys as well as some fraud scams in connection with the Chicago Outfit. But at the end of the day it was residual activity from the last remnants rather that some Cleveland resurgence or a fully structured viable organization.

mean... look at it this way. In 2009, Francesco Guarraci was promoted to acting boss of the DeCavalcante family. Now, there doesn't appear to have been much left at this point. He tried to strong-arm a local pizzeria owner into giving up his business, and hired associates from other families to do it. Residual activity. A last-ditch effort by Guarraci to make cash. Not a viable criminal enterprise. Since then, how many DeCavalcante family busts have their been? There was a loansharking charge against a DeCav soldier working with some New York guys. Eh, no different to other last-ditch efforts made by members of the LA mob, the Trafficante family, the New Orleans family, or the Scranton family to align themselves with other mobsters from viable families. Then, in 2015, the DeCavalcante consigliere and a capo were charged with racketeering, alongside some pretty low-ball crimes. This capo was opening a brothel. His crew were smalltime drug dealers. And when they wanted somebody whacked - better yet, an unsanctioned hit on another crime family member - they outsourced it to a biker gang, presumably because they didn't have the muscle to do it themselves. That reeks of "residual" activity. If you get all the indictments from the DeCavalcante family in the past decade - all three of them - and compare it to the OTremens case, then it becomes clear that the DeCavalcante family are in the same ballpark as Buffalo, whether you like it or not. Joseph Todaro Jr. held down a full-time job running his successful pizzeria business while apparently running the crime family. Francesco Guarraci worked a full day in construction, whether it was a mobbed-up union job or not.

So no, comparing the DeCavs and the Buffalo Mafia over the past ten years is not apples and oranges.

No comparison. In the last 20 years the DeCavalcantes have had over 20 made members of all ranks and dozens of associates busted for a wide range of activities ranging from labor racketeering, gambling, drug trafficking, loansharking, fraud, extortion, fencing stolen property, cigarettes, murder, etc. And even with all of this activity the DeCavalcante are considered a small and weak family. So what does that say about Buffalo?

Not to mention that the OTremens case was a “parallel but separate” investigation to the FBI’s one, which directly named the “Todaro crime family” in their Justice Department press release.

They have often done this when they indict members of families they consider defunct. I'm sure it has to do with proving RICO.

Pogo
At end of day you you could be right but this wasn’t a couple kilos or some small time scam , these guys were arranging 200 k shipments plus hundreds of thousands of pills . You need an already established network to make that happen and in this case it certainly seems like that network included a corrupt DEA agent and likely others. This was a major drug trafficking crew that NY might not be able to pull off.

It also seems like Todaro family is involved in an actual shooting war with bodies.

Todaro family members moving 200+ kilo shipments/ 250k pills, weed , corrupt LE agents, likely involvement in an actual shooting war. Fascinating shit IMO compared to a local booking network or Stango’s 10 oz coke operation lol. Seems like some real gangster shit going on up there.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The Clevleand ring also involved heavy weight on cocaine. Besides you are doing a lot combining. You are taking drug dealing operations also involving Bonanno and Gambino guys as well as independent dealers (likely including non-Italian dealers) and possibly Toronto dealers over a 10 year period and combining it into one huge Todaro operation.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:25 am The Clevleand ring also involved heavy weight on cocaine. Besides you are doing a lot combining. You are taking drug dealing operations also involving Bonanno and Gambino guys as well as independent dealers (likely including non-Italian dealers) and possibly Toronto dealers over a 10 year period and combining it into one huge Todaro operation.

Pogo
The drug seizures / conspiracy was from 2013 to 2017 and from my understanding only tied to the informant(s)
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The multi kilo shipments you mentioned were the combined total spread out from 2008-2017 according to the Bongiovanni indictment. Also the wording in the indictment (included, among others, individuals believed) that Bongiovanni was also taking bribes from dealers who were not connected to IOC. So part of that total includes non-affiliated dealers or groups. It was also reported earlier in this thread that Bongiovanni was meeting with people in Toronto as well so it is most likely that at least a part of that total we're also from Toronto dealers/groups. I'd wager that the majority of these dealings had more to do with Canada and indy dealers than Joe Todaro suddenly turning into a big drug lord in Buffalo. The Violi ring also involved people from the Bonannos, Gambinos and if I'm not mistaken Montreal.

You are taking all these operations and dealers spread out over 10 years and lumping them all together into some huge Todaro operation that is regularly moving hundreds of kilos at a time which is far from the reality.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Chris Christie wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:14 pmPhiladelphia 1987-1991, to quote Scarfo jr: "Merlino has an entire crew and I got Uncle Tony." I suspect if Buffalo was 'reconstituted' rather than just 'still there' through the 2000's that drugs would be at the center of it. If Tommy Noto's numbers on Buffalo's level of drug activity is true, then it puts anything Philly has done with localized gambling to shame over the past 20 years.
How many times do I have to say this? The OTremens case can't just be attributed to the handful of Buffalo members and associates in Canada. It was a multi-family operation. And, given what we know, it's more likely the Bonannos and Gambinos were the real heavyweights in the drug operation. Not whatever is left of the Buffalo family on either side of the border. And compared to Buffalo, the Philadelphia LCN is a behemoth.
johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:28 pm Wow wtf happened here? I thought we agreed to let sleeping dogs lie!

I read the last couple pages and got a hearty laugh out of Gohnjotti asking wiseguy if he read the national post article, that was classic.

My advice to basically everyone is to step off this merry go round, you'll only go in circles arguing with wiseguy. It's his favorite ride in the park but honestly its not worth the price of admission. Your time would be better spent banging your head against a brick wall.
Um...I wasn't the one who started this up again.
TommyNoto wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:41 pmBut what interests me about Buffalo is whether NY families are using them as their drug wholesalers which is very interesting ( seems to be the case ) . Same with Buffalo IOC buying off a DEA agent , fascinating shit IMO and possible why they have recently become a major wholesale of all drugs. My total guess is their LE associates has provided them a big strategic advantage over other distribution orgs . The open DEA corruption investigation is pretty incredible and the only other recent DEA case i know involved major Columbia operations. Anxiously waiting how that investigation ends up.

Not sure why your still here from a knowledge / discussion standpoint ). We understand you feel Buffalo family is defunct with no admin, crews, major $ making abilities or making ceremonies so you aren’t adding any value to discussion . Just let it go man so we can all discuss these events.
The NY families using Buffalo as their drug wholesalers? Why are you so quick to assume that when we've only seen this one case? As I said, the NY families have been bringing drugs into the city for years without Buffalo's involvement.
gohnjotti wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:29 pmI have never tried to claim that the Buffalo mob's revival has been successful, nor have I tried to claim that they will exist in ten years.
I'm saying, at the time of the 2017 indictment, the family was active.
Or.....remants of the family (i.e. some Canadian members and associates) were involved in some residual activity.
Is it? Since when? Because, according to the National Post article, an FBI spokesman declined to comment. So currently there's no position by the FBI. Do you know who does have a position on the family? The RCMP! Woah. Maybe we should go with their judgement for now, considering they're the people that investigated the family's underboss for two years and had a wired informant close to the underboss tape-recording discussions about the family.
Seriously? As I said, the FBI hasn't commented on Pittsburgh or Kansas City either. And that's because, like those families, it's understood that the Buffalo LCN is finished. The RCMP can have whatever view they want but we're ultimately talking about Canadian members of a U.S. based family. The U.S. Justice Department referred to "members of the Todaro organized crime family," which is a good way to put it. There's no reason (other than wishful thinking) that law enforcement has changed their view on the overall state of the family.
am not saying the DeCavalcante family is weaker than Buffalo. Earlier in the big Buffalo thread, you dismissed the charges as a dying breath of the family. Dead cat bounce was the term Pogo used. I'm arguing that Violi was, at the very least, a lot more successful in his rackets than a lot of mobsters from families that are indeed still "viable." Yes, there are brokesters and earners in every family, but I don't think you can argue the Buffalo Mafia is dead because the rackets that used to sustain it are gone.
Again, if we saw ongoing examples of cases involving the family where it was back up and running on a continual basis, that would be one thing. But at this point, we have no reason to believe the Violi drug operation wasn't a one-off that was shut down in 2017. Nothing regarding them before the 2017 bust and nothing since.
Agreed. Buffalo indeed ceased to be a viable family. But, as far as Bonanno soldier Vincenzo Morena could gather, they - I don't how how many people "they" is, but it at least includes former Buffalo LCN acting bosses Leonard Falzone and Joseph Todaro - decided, at some point, to re-establish themselves as a Mafia organization.

And I mean, why not? The heat from the 1990s and 2000s is gone. People are getting out of prison. Probation is expiring. Power struggles in Canada apparently left an opening for the former Buffalo-aligned mobsters in the region to re-establish themselves. If there's a will, there's a way. Court papers say Todaro re-established the family by reaching out to its former members and offering them, without much of a choice, an entry back into the family. It's unknown how much of the dozen-or-so members of the family said "Sure thing, Joe," and how many said "Fuck it, I'm retired."
Why not? Because what you're describing just doesn't happen in this day and age. I'm sure a lot of people here (not necessarily you) would love nothing more than whoever is left in several cities to "get the band back together" and go for it. But this is 2020. And given precedent, there is little reason to think this wasn't something similar to some members of what was left of the family in New Orleans (after the family was written off by law enforcement) getting together and working with a couple NY families.
And I'm surprised you were trying to draw parallels with Detroit and Rochester.
Rochester? Did I miss something about them? If you mean Buffalo, it's actually very comparable to what's left in Detroit now.
Wiseguy, earlier I was in the anti-Buffalo camp, and my message was this: Show me something that proves there is still activity. IIRC, that was your message too. Well, the RCMP granted our wish and gave us an arsenal of evidence which checks all the boxes needed for a family to viable, and now you've moved the goal posts. "Show me something beyond the OTremens case." The OTremens case proves everything that me and you used to argue. It proves organized criminal activity. It proves a traditional Cosa Nostra structure. It proves ongoing making ceremonies. It proves recognition from New York. What more do you want, other than a handprinted "Seal of Viability" from the FBI?
Wrong. Nobody is moving the goal posts. We have some guys in positions, including being made and promoted. Have we seen that in other defunct families? Yep. We have essentially a single case. How is that any different than the 2006 gambling bust in Detroit or the 2010 gambling bust in Kansas City? It's about a viable organization with ongoing activity.
Wasn't arguing that, was only dismissing the notion that Violi's crimes were penny ante.
Nobody said they were. He was part of a fairly significant drug operation. The problem is people more or less attributing the entire thing to Violi in order to support their claims about the state of the Buffalo family.
Based on RCMP files dating back to the 1990s and everything that former RCMP agent on the forum was saying.
Could you be any more vague? What do RCMP files back to the 1990s have to do with the 2017 drug bust? And Manning's brief time here on the forum showed you can't necessarily take everything he said at face value.
Don't worry, I'm well aware of the state of the Colombo family, and I have never tried to compare the two families' membership. That was all you. I was comparing the fact that there is evidence of La Cosa Nostra organizations reaching out to wayward members and bringing them back into the fold. The Colombos did it in 2010 with a handful of renegade members, and the Todaros did it in 2014.
Again, context. Colombos are a family with hundreds of members and associates, have had ongoing activity, and have never been written off by the FBI. Not so with Buffalo.
Exactly. That's the notion that I'm disputing. That hundreds of kilograms of cocaine being smuggled across the border, local police corruption, administrative changes, making ceremonies, and a drug-trafficking alliance with another crime family is "residual activity."
It is if it involved a handful of members from a family that is considered defunct. You guys keep conveniently ignoring it but examples have already been given of other defunct families where there were administrative changes, making ceremonies, interaction with other families, and a bust here or there. Again, there is little or no reason at this point - other than wishful thinking - to believe Buffalo will be any different.
I mean... look at it this way. In 2009, Francesco Guarraci was promoted to acting boss of the DeCavalcante family. Now, there doesn't appear to have been much left at this point. He tried to strong-arm a local pizzeria owner into giving up his business, and hired associates from other families to do it. Residual activity. A last-ditch effort by Guarraci to make cash. Not a viable criminal enterprise. Since then, how many DeCavalcante family busts have their been? There was a loansharking charge against a DeCav soldier working with some New York guys. Eh, no different to other last-ditch efforts made by members of the LA mob, the Trafficante family, the New Orleans family, or the Scranton family to align themselves with other mobsters from viable families. Then, in 2015, the DeCavalcante consigliere and a capo were charged with racketeering, alongside some pretty low-ball crimes. This capo was opening a brothel. His crew were smalltime drug dealers. And when they wanted somebody whacked - better yet, an unsanctioned hit on another crime family member - they outsourced it to a biker gang, presumably because they didn't have the muscle to do it themselves. That reeks of "residual" activity. If you get all the indictments from the DeCavalcante family in the past decade - all three of them - and compare it to the OTremens case, then it becomes clear that the DeCavalcante family are in the same ballpark as Buffalo, whether you like it or not. Joseph Todaro Jr. held down a full-time job running his successful pizzeria business while apparently running the crime family. Francesco Guarraci worked a full day in construction, whether it was a mobbed-up union job or not.

So no, comparing the DeCavs and the Buffalo Mafia over the past ten years is not apples and oranges.
In addition to what Pogo said above about that being a bad comparison, while I'm the first one to say the few remaining families outside NY are small and weak, it's still misleading to try and draw some kind of parallel between Buffalo and New Jersey. First, New Jersey was never written off by the FBI like Buffalo was. Second, New Jersey always has had some semblance of a functioning hiearchy. Not a handful of guys in just nominal positions. Third, New Jersey as three or four times the membership Buffalo has.

As far as the DeCavalcantes go, you had the Guarracci case in 2010. You had two soldiers (Jerry Balzano and Joseph Colina) busted for loansharking, contraband cigarettes, and stolen tax refund checks in 2011. You had also several construction/trucking companies connected to the family identified by the Commission of Investigation this year. In 2013, an associate was busted for running a pick 6 lottery operation. In 2015, a soldier (James Castaldo) was indicted with a member of the Hudson County Improvement Authority in a case of taking bribes for contractors seeking to dump banned materials. Then you had the 2015 case involving Nigro, Stango and others. Last year you had the two associates busted for cocaine distribution. And, since we are talking context and ongoing activity, we could also look at the decade before that for comparisons if you want. Buffalo had more activity in 2017 than New Jersey did. Doesn't mean Buffalo is in better shape. And again, it was a joint operation with two NY families. It wasn't just a Buffalo operation.

BAD comparison on a number of levels.
Chris Christie wrote:We both know that's not the case for Buffalo.
As I said, there's no reason to think they're not far off.
And the cautionary tale is what?
Going back to the RD forum, you may recall we had many posters - fueled by the 2006 gambling bust that involved several membes and associates, as well as Scott B's ever-expanding charts - were convinced that Detroit was in better shape than it was. This resulted in many endless debates. Sound familiar? Fast-forward to the present and we don't hear much from those posters (or anybody) about Detroit anymore.

In short, all this hulabaloo about Buffalo is likely that same Detroit nonsense all over again. And like those earlier posters, as more and more time goes by, everyone here on the Buffalo bandwagon will slowly forget about Buffalo (or wish to) and slip into inevitable silence. Crickets. Chirp, chirp, chirp.
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:01 pm I do find it interesting how Wiseguy, the feds are unquestionable, yet the RCMP should be 100% dismissed with zero credibility.

Cognitive dissidence at its finest.
When it comes to the overall state of a U.S. crime family, who's going to know better? Hmmm...tough one.
gohnjotti wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:14 pm
NickleCity wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:07 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:29 pm
Agreed. Buffalo indeed ceased to be a viable family. But, as far as Bonanno soldier Vincenzo Morena could gather, they - I don't how how many people "they" is, but it at least includes former Buffalo LCN acting bosses Leonard Falzone and Joseph Todaro - decided, at some point, to re-establish themselves as a Mafia organization.
Can you remind me what article that was in... I want to go back and relook at it.
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/sh ... -mafia/amp
TommyNoto wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:10 pm [quote=SonnyBlackstein post_id=140177 time=<a href="tel:1582772472">1582772472</a> user_id=171]
I do find it interesting how Wiseguy, the feds are unquestionable, yet the RCMP should be 100% dismissed with zero credibility.

Cognitive dissidence at its finest.
It is the FBI speaking . The RCMP would not make any statements that would jeopardize their relationship with the FBI.
Oh, so now you're attributing those comments to the FBI? Are you kidding me? And you wonder why I talk down to some of you guys.
CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:33 pm @Wiseguy

Do you believe the Bonnano FAMILY, has better contacts for narcotics than the Violis? And before you answer, remember the recent indictments were all weed, remember the kid with the pounds and his gradma... I believe they had people who can MOVE stuff in the streets, but WHO would the Bonbano dope guy be?

It's always been my opinion the Bonnanos coveted the Violis extensive Canafian contacts and relationships, to make up for their having lost control of Canada.
( Unless new info comes out that says the Bonnanos reconciled with the Rizzuto people..)
First, how can we determine how good "contacts" the Violis have when it was a joint family operation?

Second, how closely do you follow recent indictments?

You had the 2018 Bonanno (Cammarano, Zancochio, Sabella, etc.) bust that involved marijuana trafficking. In late 2017, you had two busts involving the Bonanno and Gambinos families. One was the one that also included Buffalo and had a host of different drugs. The other one involved cocaine, marijuana, and presciption drugs. In September 2017, Bonanno soldier Frank Salerno was charged for cocaine distribution. Earlier in 2017, you had the Giallanzo bust that ianvolved cocaine and prescription drug trafficking. Earlier in the year there was a Bonanno-connected case that involved heroin and prescription drugs. IN 2016, you had the multi-NY family bust (including the Bonannos) that involved marijuana and presciption drugs. And that's just the last few years.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:38 pm The multi kilo shipments you mentioned were the combined total spread out from 2008-2017 according to the Bongiovanni indictment. Also the wording in the indictment (included, among others, individuals believed) that Bongiovanni was also taking bribes from dealers who were not connected to IOC. So part of that total includes non-affiliated dealers or groups. It was also reported earlier in this thread that Bongiovanni was meeting with people in Toronto as well so it is most likely that at least a part of that total we're also from Toronto dealers/groups. I'd wager that the majority of these dealings had more to do with Canada and indy dealers than Joe Todaro suddenly turning into a big drug lord in Buffalo. The Violi ring also involved people from the Bonannos, Gambinos and if I'm not mistaken Montreal.

You are taking all these operations and dealers spread out over 10 years and lumping them all together into some huge Todaro operation that is regularly moving hundreds of kilos at a time which is far from the reality.

Pogo
Not to mention dishonest. They're not even trying to appear objective anymore. And notice how many times you've given the same examples of these other families, only to be conveniently ignored again and again.
All roads lead to New York.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

^^^ :lol: @Wiseguy, that profile pic = priceless^^^ :lol:
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:00 pm ^^^ :lol: @Wiseguy, that profile pic = priceless^^^ :lol:
There's a new sheriff in town.
All roads lead to New York.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Lmao I guess wiseguy does have a sense of humour after all 😅
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:38 pm The multi kilo shipments you mentioned were the combined total spread out from 2008-2017 according to the Bongiovanni indictment. Also the wording in the indictment (included, among others, individuals believed) that Bongiovanni was also taking bribes from dealers who were not connected to IOC. So part of that total includes non-affiliated dealers or groups. It was also reported earlier in this thread that Bongiovanni was meeting with people in Toronto as well so it is most likely that at least a part of that total we're also from Toronto dealers/groups. I'd wager that the majority of these dealings had more to do with Canada and indy dealers than Joe Todaro suddenly turning into a big drug lord in Buffalo. The Violi ring also involved people from the Bonannos, Gambinos and if I'm not mistaken Montreal.

Pogo
No, I believe myself and TommyNoto are referring to Massamigliano Carfana pleading out to conspiracy to import 200 to 300 kilos of cocaine IN A SI GLE OPERATION, not over a 10 year period, now you are kinda confusing the DEA guy with the Violis thing...

Now, if you can send a guy to COLOMBIA, negotiate with the Colombian narcos either direct or most likely through a broker, get 200 kilos at the BEST price ( we are talking like 5 -6500 a kilo, and arrange for transport yourself, you are NOT small time...

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/b ... yl-traffic
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

WHO IS PORKCHOP? LOL
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:18 pm
NickleCity wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:00 pm ^^^ :lol: @Wiseguy, that profile pic = priceless^^^ :lol:
I like it. Embrace the meme.

We keep going in circles here and nobody is really moving their opinions. While you and I disagree (on something?) regarding Buffalo, I always respect your position and admire your ability to hold your ground.

That being said, are you sure you're not fighting a battle that has already ended? I'm referring to the old days when people could say anything and have it taken with equal measure. I don't know how to put it but you've won. You're evidence-based approach is now the main route people take, we just don't always agree with the evidence people draw from. But the days of someone coming on here as a former involved guy with info or inflated family numbers and being taken serious beyond a handful of people are over. I get the impression that you view Buffalo as a final frontier that if broken, next week we'll be hearing about 300 member LA, Kansas City still controlling Casinos etc. I don't think you have to worry about it, the equilibrium has shifted that these type of claims are quickly discredited. You and Pogo both played a part in this evolution.

Because as it relates to Buffalo:
1 Everyone I've seen in this thread are basing their beliefs on sources, I'm not seeing anyone giddy or excited or stating they've "known all along."
2 Believing it has a structure with 30 members does not equate to the belief that its growing exponentially. It just it is what it is to those interested.
3 If Violi came out and said he made the whole thing up and law enforcement concurred I don't think you'd encounter any conspiracy theories from people here.

Human wheels, go round, down, around, while the clock, keeps the pace.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Chris Christie wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:00 am
Wiseguy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:18 pm
I like it. Embrace the meme.

We keep going in circles here and nobody is really moving their opinions. While you and I disagree (on something?) regarding Buffalo, I always respect your position and admire your ability to hold your ground.

That being said, are you sure you're not fighting a battle that has already ended? I'm referring to the old days when people could say anything and have it taken with equal measure. I don't know how to put it but you've won. You're evidence-based approach is now the main route people take, we just don't always agree with the evidence people draw from. But the days of someone coming on here as a former involved guy with info or inflated family numbers and being taken serious beyond a handful of people are over. I get the impression that you view Buffalo as a final frontier that if broken, next week we'll be hearing about 300 member LA, Kansas City still controlling Casinos etc. I don't think you have to worry about it, the equilibrium has shifted that these type of claims are quickly discredited. You and Pogo both played a part in this evolution.

Because as it relates to Buffalo:
1 Everyone I've seen in this thread are basing their beliefs on sources, I'm not seeing anyone giddy or excited or stating they've "known all along."
2 Believing it has a structure with 30 members does not equate to the belief that its growing exponentially. It just it is what it is to those interested.
3 If Violi came out and said he made the whole thing up and law enforcement concurred I don't think you'd encounter any conspiracy theories from people here.

Human wheels, go round, down, around, while the clock, keeps the pace.
You hit it on the head...

1. Everyone is actually not really disagreeing, more like we are in a combative agreement, lol

2. Wiseguy DID win.... no one can get away with any kind of silliness on these boards, and it's the right thing..... back up your shit with SOME kinda sources and common sense..
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Morena actually was supposed to be in charge of transport, I'm guessing getting the coke from NY, or wherever it was supposed to land to Hamilton....

So yeah, drugs played a big factor....

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/0 ... -case.html
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

I know Wiseguy it wasn’t just Buffalo. I’ve said many times its the NY family interest in Buffalo which interests me.

Will be interesting what info comes out about the corruption investigation.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:59 pm

Pogo
No, I believe myself and TommyNoto are referring to Massamigliano Carfana pleading out to conspiracy to import 200 to 300 kilos of cocaine IN A SI GLE OPERATION, not over a 10 year period, now you are kinda confusing the DEA guy with the Violis thing...

Now, if you can send a guy to COLOMBIA, negotiate with the Colombian narcos either direct or most likely through a broker, get 200 kilos at the BEST price ( we are talking like 5 -6500 a kilo, and arrange for transport yourself, you are NOT small time...

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/b ... yl-traffic
Exactly !!!!! This was not some multi oz or a kilo here and there middle man crew . I could be wrong but all the info that has come out the last 2 years keeps increasing the possibility that their drug operation / network is bigger than previously understood.