Los Angeles Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Los Angeles Family

Post by JeremyTheJew »

FYI Armenia is in Asia. Once again making me not understand why they'd wanna join Mexicans
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Mexicans run So Cal. Even in the 70s Italian wiseguys were chummimg up to the cholos. And that was when the Mexicans were just starting to establish their dominance on the streets. Numbers have only increased since.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:58 am FYI Armenia is in Asia. Once again making me not understand why they'd wanna join Mexicans
Armenians are considered part of Eurasian organized crime. And, when you look at many of their cases, they are similar to Russian and other Eastern European, as well as Albanian, criminal enterprises. In 2011, one Armenian in NY was identified in an indictment as a Vor. Honestly, I don't know enough to know whether "Armenian Power," as it's called, is a single organizaton or if it is an umbrella term for several Armenian groups. If I had to guess, it would be the latter given the makup and MO of other Eurasian groups.

As far as their ties with La Eme, one indictment said the connection involved the Mexicans providing protection for the Armenians in prison and the Armenians helping the Mexicans facilitate criminal activity on the outside. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the younger generation of Armenians are attracted to the more street-gangster style of the Mexicans.
All roads lead to New York.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

The younger Armenians definitely ride with the Mexicans.

The nominal leader of Armenian Power is one of the only non Mexicans to be a full carnal in LAeme...Pegleg Joe Morgan status.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Pegleg Joe.

Is that white boy in blood in blood out?
And also American Me?

The only white member who was also one of the top leaders as well
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:57 am This is very surprising to me that Russian OC and Mex would be intertwined.... Maybe I just don't realize where Armenia is located but I think it's Europe / middle East area.

Also to have 200 plus members and associate is a almost viable family. Why join with a prison gang like le eme??

And what do u think it means to be a made member of Mexican mafia?? Probably to comitt a murders for the gang
Armenia was once part of the Soviet Union back in the day, actually it was a part of it up until 1991 (lol my friend loved talking about Armenian history). Don’t ever bring up Turks to an Armenian... you will hear about the genocide for hours.. it really did happen though I’m 1915 the Turks killed 1.5 million ethnic Armenians.... it’s north of Iran. East of turkey and south of Georgia.. and yeah them falling under the flag of the Mexican mafia has always been very strange to me... i guess it’s as simple as falling in line for protection once you’re in jail/prison.. who knows.. cause like I said they do have strong connections to Russian OC.... and ya Capone aka Hollywood mike is a made mexican mafia member... if you saw most of the high level Armenian guys on the street you would never know.. they look and present themselves as respectable high end business men... and their penchant for luxury cars is literally insane, they will drive a 350k$ car and stay in a 39$ a night hotel, this is no joke I’ve witnessed it first hand... some of the younger members though have adopted the whole Los Angeles Mexican gang member look with the shaved head’s and head tattoos and what not. I remember I met one who is probably 12 years old because I used to live a couple blocks away from Little Armenia in Los Angeles. And this 12-year-old kid was standing at the gas station offering anyone who pulled the half-price gas for cash. He had a stack full of debit cards in his hand and he would fill up your tank for like 20 bucks. I ended up shooting the shit with him for a few minutes and mixing I know he’s telling me to pull my car up and he ended up giving me free gas and anytime I would See him there at the gas station doing his household he would always fill up my tank for free. Well free to me not for someone else
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Lol ya... The little moolies do that here too.
They also offer you crack dope weed and a date tho...
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:13 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:58 am FYI Armenia is in Asia. Once again making me not understand why they'd wanna join Mexicans
Armenians are considered part of Eurasian organized crime. And, when you look at many of their cases, they are similar to Russian and other Eastern European, as well as Albanian, criminal enterprises. In 2011, one Armenian in NY was identified in an indictment as a Vor. Honestly, I don't know enough to know whether "Armenian Power," as it's called, is a single organizaton or if it is an umbrella term for several Armenian groups. If I had to guess, it would be the latter given the makup and MO of other Eurasian groups.

As far as their ties with La Eme, one indictment said the connection involved the Mexicans providing protection for the Armenians in prison and the Armenians helping the Mexicans facilitate criminal activity on the outside. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the younger generation of Armenians are attracted to the more street-gangster style of the Mexicans.
Armenian power is actually a single group. It’s actually a single street gang that was created in the little Armenia neighborhood in east Hollywood . But like I said it gets tricky because they are so clannish there is hundreds of Armenians they deal with who are not members. I hate to say it because I’m good friends with a few and they have always done right by me. But in California Los Angeles in particular Armenians have a crazy reputation for being Into all sorts of crooked shit especially fraud, I can truly say it’s not just a rumor though literally 90% of them are involved in something whether it’s Medicare fraud, credit card fraud, bank fraud. Any and everything.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Grouchy Sinatra wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:30 pm Mexicans run So Cal. Even in the 70s Italian wiseguys were chummimg up to the cholos. And that was when the Mexicans were just starting to establish their dominance on the streets. Numbers have only increased since.
True the Mexican mafia has every street gang of Mexican origin under their umbrella from Bakersfield to the Mexican border and they all pay taxes to the Mexican mafia. So to say they run shit is kind of understatement. There was A few gangs who held out on paying taxes such is the different groups of Maravilla gangs in East LA along with Opal Street and a few others but even they mainly fell under and got in line