Los Angeles Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

pauliesi
Associate

Los Angeles Family

Post by pauliesi »

Are they extinct after Milano died? The Mexicans seem to have the whole state under control. What are your thoughts?
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Re: Los Angeles Family

Post by scagghiuni »

pauliesi wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:18 am Are they extinct after Milano died? The Mexicans seem to have the whole state under control. What are your thoughts?
where not bloods and crips founded in los angeles? they should be big over there
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

When it comes to organized crime, the Russian/Armenians are much better organized then the Mexican gangs. They have had a stranglehold on the marijuana business and the dispensaries that sell it in So Cal. Also heavily involved in extortion, gambling , medical fraud..
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

pauliesi wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:18 am Are they extinct after Milano died? The Mexicans seem to have the whole state under control. What are your thoughts?
The LCN really hasn't been a factor in California for years. You have to go back over 20 years for the last real cases involving the LA family, or what was left of it even at that point. Relatively little LCN presence out west in general now.

Lots of other criminal groups in the state. The Mexican cartels are at the top of the drug trade, of course. But there are Eurasian, Asian, and Balkan criminal enterprises. Street gangs, prison gangs, outlaw motorcycle gangs.
All roads lead to New York.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

All 5 families had at least one guy there, at one time or another.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I'd like to hear more about the Russians in Cali...
Any info??
Crews, names etc
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Supposedly Tommy Gambino is the boss. Boss of what I’m not sure. I think you can’t count their members on one hand and not even use the whole hand
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:02 pm I'd like to hear more about the Russians in Cali...
Any info??
Crews, names etc
When it comes to Russian/Eurasian OC, you're almost never going to find names, if by that, you mean something like the "__________ crime family." Sometimes in an indictment the feds will refer to the enterprise by the name of the top guy indicted in that case but the very nature of Eurasian criminal enterprises doesn't lend to large organizations under names well known to the media and public. They operate in small, fluid, less hierarchical groups.

While the gambling charges were relatively rare for Eurasian groups, a good example is the 2013 indictments of the Taiwanchik-Trincher Organization and Nahmad-Trincher Organization in the indictment below.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/ma ... -organized
Pete wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:38 pm Supposedly Tommy Gambino is the boss. Boss of what I’m not sure. I think you can’t count their members on one hand and not even use the whole hand
The government identified him as the underboss years ago. Didn't it come out (through DiLeonardo I think) that he's with the Gambinos now? Still a made member of what was the LA family - which is now gone - but now under the supervision of the Gambino family.
All roads lead to New York.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Didn't the info from felice say Tommaso Gambino answers to the Gambinos?
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

In the Michael DiLeonardo Q and A, DiLeonardo describes his interactions with Peter Milano. I assume this took place during the 90s.

-First time I met Pete was without a proper CN introduction, when I was out in Cali, he wanted to meet me through a made guy that was with him whom I was not formally introduced to also. We were the next time he came to NY through Joe G. from the bronx, we had lunch with Milano, he expressed opening a door for them and us. Second time was a beef , Joe Isgro from Cali, a non member and Joe Armone's nephew, was told by Pete he had to pay protection to operate out there. I went out to Cali with Jack Damico, we had lunch with Pete, a captain with him and this made guy. Pete felt Cali was his and he wanted tribute, he had about 40k of Joe’s money through a business deal, I told Pete those days are over, he does not control the state, Pete paid 10k towards the money, I told Pete, Joe was proposed for membership and we were not going to be shaken down, we agreed Joe operates on his own and if they have deals they can do, fine. Joe was made, he is a great guy I was very close to Joe, later on Pete did not pay the balance, saying he was broke, I sent him some very insulting messages through his guy, this guy offered to pay it off saying he is embarrassed, I told him no thanks, it is worth the balance just insulting this bum, I then shut them out of any business dealing with Joe and us. Frank Valenti was being handled by Milano, Valenti said Pete was not treating him right, I asked how did you get with Pete, he said the commission put him with Pete being he was in Arizona. I liked Frank it made me enjoy more sending insults. I have another part to the story but may save that for a book, involve a huge female singer. Side note he knew of my grandfather and his relationship in the early days. I never asked who was my uncle godfather was that was killed, could be a Leonardo?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

moneyman wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:49 am I assume this took place during the 90s.

Yeah it would have to be sometime before 1996 since Joe Isgro wasn't made yet.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Scars should write that book. Must not need the money and want the publicity.
IrishDave
Straightened out

Post by IrishDave »

Looking at what Scars said about Pete Millano:

Pete thought that the entire state of California was his. Would the remaining members, if any, from San Francisco and San Jose report to him?

Why would the Gambino Family be able to tell another Family Boss what to do? If anything shouldn't that dispute have been handled by Chicago?

Having Valenti report to Milano indicates to me that he was still active. Active in what? Not Rochester?

Milano is an interesting figure. Fratianno's book didn't paint him in a good light. Jimmy went out of his way to protect Pete. They were actually very close from what I understand.
Costigan
Straightened out

Post by Costigan »

Who is Frank Valenti that the commission "put with Pete"?
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Costigan wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:17 pm Who is Frank Valenti that the commission "put with Pete"?
He was the former boss of Rochester who moved to Arizona so the commission put him with Pete Milano the LA Family boss because of Arizona/California proximity.