(Part One) The Godfather of Staten Island

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: (Part One) The Godfather of Staten Island

Post by bluehouse »

Targenmantarian wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:42 pm The Lion will get recruited fast.
He doesn't care and isn't scared of anyone. Those kinds of guys are sought after.

Sonny Black had the same situation. He was tougher than the mobsters in his neighborhood and was eventually asked to join as opposed to the other way around.

The Lion seems cut from the same cloth.
Didnt the lion shit himself when Bugz shook him down?Not saying he isnt tough but bugz isnt a made guy.I think the lion would pick his targets
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

TommyNoto wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:21 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:37 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:08 pm
newera_212 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:39 am this was an awesome read. its kind of eye opening when you realize a good chunk of the modern mob economy is not based on bottom-to-top rackets or creative hustles, but it just revolves all these guys loaning money to one another in one big circle like they’re Caribbean immigrants doing a sou-sou. like its a fuckin ponzi scheme lmao.

this Ricigliano kid is interesting though. talk about balls. not just poaching customers for future biz, but personally collecting on loans he didnt even give? LOL. 100% profit. he was either insane or just had no respect for Sciorcia or these guys at all

sooo.. Ricigliano is a co defendant, but is he a Colombo associate? or no?
It doesn't sound like Ricigliano had much to be scared of. Thomas Scorcia seems like he's all talk and very little action. The fact that a guy like that got made shows how far the mob has fallen.
And the Bosco's were supposedly independent as well along with Ricigliano . Scorcia seems like a scared dim witted dope , Until he got made he did nothing like most of these guys ! That's why they join the mob for status and protection and to handle shit they otherwise couldn't , Most of these guys are total pussys ! And your correct 1000% shows how far the mob has fallen ! And this is Staten Island/Mob Island lol. The most thorough and toughest guy IMO was Sylvester "BUGZ" , At 20 something he woulda been the best Captain outta all these mooks
I hear ya and generally agree but I think it has more to do with getting caught today vs 30 years ago . If they could still get away with the violence we would see a lot more ( not to mention more wise guys ) but today you have to do the risk reward analysis. I’m worth a few million with real estate, is it worth going to jail for 10 years ( violent act ) to keep my hands on a $5-10K loan book. With so many cameras and little fear of violent retribution, only the idiots would be acting like cowboys.

Funny thing is let’s say he took action and stabbed this kid at the diner , some people on here would he saying what an idiot / moron lol
[/quote
Definitely , I agree
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

Scorcia earns. That's all that matters today. He puts money in Amatos pocket. Or put.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Targenmantarian wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:33 pm Scorcia earns. That's all that matters today. He puts money in Amatos pocket. Or put.
Elizabeth Geddes said in his detention memo that he had “hundreds of thousands” or dollars in loansharking customers. Somebody’s gotta be taking over that book and keeping things running, right? In fact, another plumber in Amato’s crew, John Cerbone, was just released from prison. Maybe he’s holding the torch.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

Really appreciate this information Gohn. Looking forward to part 3!

Scorcia getting robbed is similar to what was posted in the Bonnano thread about that guy Festa getting robbed while an on record associate, and not getting any payback until he got his button.

What is this about? What is the point of being an associate of Ronnie G’s or Amato’s crew if you are getting your shit took?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Uncle Pete wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 pm Really appreciate this information Gohn. Looking forward to part 3!

Scorcia getting robbed is similar to what was posted in the Bonnano thread about that guy Festa getting robbed while an on record associate, and not getting any payback until he got his button.

What is this about? What is the point of being an associate of Ronnie G’s or Amato’s crew if you are getting your shit took?
Yeah, you'd think Joey Amato would have more pride than to let that happen. I really can't explain it.

Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:34 pm
Uncle Pete wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 pm Really appreciate this information Gohn. Looking forward to part 3!

Yeah, you'd think Joey Amato would have more pride than to let that happen. I really can't explain it.
What I don't get , but , In a way I do because today they don't want anyone to retaliate or use violence unless they get permission to do so . But , How can any of these guys with any self respect not retaliate ? The Mafia is about tradition and Honor no matter what , But today all that crap is out the window ! And , Festa is half Irish ! These guys are all nobodies , Its pathetic ! I would never in my life ask another man for permission to do something lmao ! And , Amato flip flops on the whole problem with the Independent Bosco's , If the Boscos would have had some balls and actually stood up tje could of done some serious damage to these retardo's . All these guys as Independents making money in gambling and loansharking and whatever else without any problem from any family or any single person is funny
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Bklyn21 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:06 pm

What I don't get , but , In a way I do because today they don't want anyone to retaliate or use violence unless they get permission to do so . But , How can any of these guys with any self respect not retaliate ? The Mafia is about tradition and Honor no matter what , But today all that crap is out the window ! And , Festa is half Irish ! These guys are all nobodies , Its pathetic ! I would never in my life ask another man for permission to do something lmao ! And , Amato flip flops on the whole problem with the Independent Bosco's , If the Boscos would have had some balls and actually stood up tje could of done some serious damage to these retardo's . All these guys as Independents making money in gambling and loansharking and whatever else without any problem from any family or any single person is funny
You would probably be better off as an independent operator nowadays anyway. Being involved with an organized crime family is going to make you a target for law enforcement, and it doesn't seem like the mob really has the juice to shake these guys down the way they used to.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:51 pm Let me know what you guys think about this one. I have three parts lined up, but I'd like to get your guys' take on the first part. It's currently exclusive to Black Hand members only, so the password is "blackhand" - no spaces. Hope the link works.

Also, I get that it's a clickbaity-title, but it's a draft. I'll think of something better a bit later.

https://thecolombomafia.com/the-godfath ... ten-island
Hey guy good job putting it together. Im Just confused on one part in the part 1.

"After Chris showered and Anthony disposed of the car, the two met up at Malpeso's off-track gambling spot where Bobo and Joey were hanging to relay the bad news. Worried, the wiseguys called PATTY AMATO in - they had no idea what to do. Amato was the first to chime in, ordering Chris to hide out with an associate, Chris Barrett, in case the police had ID'd him. He then headed down to Georgetown, Brooklyn, where Anthony had dumped the car. After driving it to an industrial section in Canarsie, Amato wiped down any fingerprints and yanked the ignition out to make it look like somebody else had stolen and dumped it."

A couple lines down the article says -

"The key points are these - Amato was recognized for his quick-thinking handling of the killing, especially the cleanup, and was the Orena faction's first choice to replace PATTY AMATO after the latter’s arrest in May of '92."

Isthe first pargraph a mistake and who was hanging at the spot malpese and Patty? And who they called in was Joey? Thats what I am understamding from the second praragraph.

JIGGS
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:18 pm

You would probably be better off as an independent operator nowadays anyway. Being involved with an organized crime family is going to make you a target for law enforcement, and it doesn't seem like the mob really has the juice to shake these guys down the way they used to.
Agreed , Who needs these morons
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JIGGS wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:53 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:51 pm Let me know what you guys think about this one. I have three parts lined up, but I'd like to get your guys' take on the first part. It's currently exclusive to Black Hand members only, so the password is "blackhand" - no spaces. Hope the link works.

Also, I get that it's a clickbaity-title, but it's a draft. I'll think of something better a bit later.

https://thecolombomafia.com/the-godfath ... ten-island
Hey guy good job putting it together. Im Just confused on one part in the part 1.

"After Chris showered and Anthony disposed of the car, the two met up at Malpeso's off-track gambling spot where Bobo and Joey were hanging to relay the bad news. Worried, the wiseguys called PATTY AMATO in - they had no idea what to do. Amato was the first to chime in, ordering Chris to hide out with an associate, Chris Barrett, in case the police had ID'd him. He then headed down to Georgetown, Brooklyn, where Anthony had dumped the car. After driving it to an industrial section in Canarsie, Amato wiped down any fingerprints and yanked the ignition out to make it look like somebody else had stolen and dumped it."

A couple lines down the article says -

"The key points are these - Amato was recognized for his quick-thinking handling of the killing, especially the cleanup, and was the Orena faction's first choice to replace PATTY AMATO after the latter’s arrest in May of '92."

Isthe first pargraph a mistake and who was hanging at the spot malpese and Patty? And who they called in was Joey? Thats what I am understamding from the second praragraph.

JIGGS
Thanks for the heads up. That part makes no sense - it was from my earlier article, and I cut & pasted it without proof-reading. I'll make it a bit clearer now.

EDIT: Fixed it. Regarding part three, I had to rewrite a bit of it because I got someone's identity wrong. Embarrassing, I know. I thought that defendant John Dunn was the same John Dunn indicted from 2011, but the ages don't match up. I ended up stumbling on a nice little wealth of information about Dunn that I'm trying to fit into the article now.
Last edited by gohnjotti on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

In terms of the Boscos. I think the reason it all talk was because the kids all knew each other from the neighborhood. John Doe's mom probably knew Anthony Bosco's mom. That type of thing. I don't know, because I don't know the kids personally, but that's how it seems from the way they spoke to one another, and the fact that Joey Amato and Anthony Bosco were seemingly friends - credit to GMMS for that information

Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:27 pm In terms of the Boscos. I think the reason it all talk was because the kids all knew each other from the neighborhood. John Doe's mom probably knew Anthony Bosco's mom. That type of thing. I don't know, because I don't know the kids personally, but that's how it seems from the way they spoke to one another, and the fact that Joey Amato and Anthony Bosco were seemingly friends - credit to GMMS for that information
I remember it was reported and everyone thought this Bosco was the Bonanno boss until everything came out and was clarified
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Bklyn21 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:36 am
gohnjotti wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:27 pm In terms of the Boscos. I think the reason it all talk was because the kids all knew each other from the neighborhood. John Doe's mom probably knew Anthony Bosco's mom. That type of thing. I don't know, because I don't know the kids personally, but that's how it seems from the way they spoke to one another, and the fact that Joey Amato and Anthony Bosco were seemingly friends - credit to GMMS for that information
I remember it was reported and everyone thought this Bosco was the Bonanno boss until everything came out and was clarified
I have no clue who the Bonanno Bosco is but I believe he’s a completely different guy.

TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Bklyn21 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:00 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:18 pm

Agreed , Who needs these morons
As an independent you are basically relegated to small time and far more likely to get robbed plus have to work a real job lol.

Protection gets most of the talk but access to relationships / networks / & big $$ which allows guys to make that next step $ wise. This is the case in the construction field where wise guy services are still valuable to GCs.