Mancuso question

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Re: Mancuso question

Post by Hired_Goonz »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:01 pm
Hired_Goonz wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:46 pm I thought the Lucchese admin didn't recognize Mancuso - wasn't that why a bunch of Bonanno goons started a ruckus at a Lucchese club? Isn't that what lead to the murder conspiracy that Crea Jr plead out to?
Correct

Well I wonder if they recognized Joe C and those guys instead, or if they had a problem with Mancuso himself. Also I'm curious if the other families held back on recognizing Mancuso at first.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Bklyn21 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:23 am
Frank wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:03 am It seems the only way you can depose an official boss in NY, is to kill him. With all the official bosses in prison, it's definitely a hard thing to do. I thought a vote of the Captains was the rule?? It's interesting that Mancuso maybe was approved by the Commission back in 2012. I guess we can speculate that Joe C didn't have Commission approval. I wonder if that's the only reason the vote was not recognized.
Yea these guys never get deposed any other way we found out over the last few years without the killing , That's why I'm not sure about the Cali killing 100% and that kid just being a whacko, With him being taken out guys take his place and move up no questions asked
. Even though I still believebelieve the lone nutcase angle I wanna see what comes out at court if anything ! Supposedly there was no girl according to the new Gambino Campos indictment and that it was BS rumor , Lie . But we'll see what court brings should be interesting
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:52 pm
Frank wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:03 am It seems the only way you can depose an official boss in NY, is to kill him. With all the official bosses in prison, it's definitely a hard thing to do. I thought a vote of the Captains was the rule?? It's interesting that Mancuso maybe was approved by the Commission back in 2012. I guess we can speculate that Joe C didn't have Commission approval. I wonder if that's the only reason the vote was not recognized.
Yea these guys never get deposed any other way we found out over the last few years without the killing , That's why I'm not sure about the Cali killing 100% and that kid just being a whacko, With him being taken out guys take his place and move up no questions asked
. Even though I still believebelieve the lone nutcase angle I wanna see what comes out at court if anything ! Supposedly there was no girl according to the new Gambino Campos indictment and that it was BS rumor , Lie . But we'll see what court brings should be interesting
The police questioned him about going on holiday with his niece if i remember right, think that's where it came from
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:37 am
Hired_Goonz wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:46 pm I thought the Lucchese admin didn't recognize Mancuso - wasn't that why a bunch of Bonanno goons started a ruckus at a Lucchese club? Isn't that what lead to the murder conspiracy that Crea Jr plead out to?
Correct

Well I wonder if they recognized Joe C and those guys instead, or if they had a problem with Mancuso himself. Also I'm curious if the other families held back on recognizing Mancuso at first.
I wonder the same thing. I would think Joe C would be a much better choice. I’m surprised Basciano has not put his 2 cents into this whole deal. I know he about Mancuso whacked. Them again Joe C just got the win of a life time but it is hard to imagine him and porky and the Grialdis just accepting this shelving. I’m surprised there hasn’t been a murder in relation to this shit yet. Knowing the Bonannos I’d say it’s in the works.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:42 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:52 pm
The police questioned him about going on holiday with his niece if i remember right, think that's where it came from
I remember that , and the one where the Niece was at the house at the time he came there .
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Mason_dixon wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:55 am
Correct

I wonder the same thing. I would think Joe C would be a much better choice. I’m surprised Basciano has not put his 2 cents into this whole deal. I know he about Mancuso whacked. Them again Joe C just got the win of a life time but it is hard to imagine him and porky and the Grialdis just accepting this shelving. I’m surprised there hasn’t been a murder in relation to this shit yet. Knowing the Bonannos I’d say it’s in the works.
I don’t think Basciano has had any say in the Bonanno family’s affairs since Massino flipped. By then Basciano had been in solitary confinement and shortly afterwards he was sent off to adx. I remember reading that Basciano wanted a panel to run the family after his arrest but Mancuso wasn’t fond of the idea and just decided to elect himself as acting boss. From 2005-2009, Mancuso still had been running the family to an extent with Nicky santora and tony rabito serving as acting underboss and acting consigliere, respectively. At the same time, Sal Montagna was believed to be the main guy on the streets, possibly serving as just a street boss. After Sal was deported, it seems that Mancuso became the de facto boss.

What rly intrigues me is what the relationship was between Montagna and Mancuso. Montagna had been close to little Anthony Seccafico, who was clipped almost immediately after Montagna was deported which I’ve always thought was Mancuso’s ppl ‘cleaning house’ so to speak. My apologies for rambling lol.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Yonkers103
On Record

Post by Yonkers103 »

honestly no one really knows the truth or what goes on behind the scenes 99% of the time everyone's theories are debunked when and indictment or an informant comes forward but just looking at it as a whole from the outside in i'd say weather you think he is a good choice or not i think joe c and porky are afraid of mancuso. let's face it the guy seems like the real deal what was that his 3rd murder involvement on his last case??? what has porky or joe c ever done besides maybe some bookmaking ?? i think joe c was a coattail rider in his fathers footsteps but was never recognized for anything he personally handled street wise, again this is just my opinion looking from the outside in. also seems that most of the powerhouses for the last decade or so all are from the Bronx which is something to consider as well and if mancuso didn't have the support of the family then why the situation in the luchese club?? wasn't that because of their support for mancuso??
Griz23
Straightened out

Post by Griz23 »

Besides Mancuso who are the other Bronx guys in the Bonanno's on the street?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:52 am
Mason_dixon wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:55 am
Correct

I don’t think Basciano has had any say in the Bonanno family’s affairs since Massino flipped. By then Basciano had been in solitary confinement and shortly afterwards he was sent off to adx. I remember reading that Basciano wanted a panel to run the family after his arrest but Mancuso wasn’t fond of the idea and just decided to elect himself as acting boss. From 2005-2009, Mancuso still had been running the family to an extent with Nicky santora and tony rabito serving as acting underboss and acting consigliere, respectively. At the same time, Sal Montagna was believed to be the main guy on the streets, possibly serving as just a street boss. After Sal was deported, it seems that Mancuso became the de facto boss.

What rly intrigues me is what the relationship was between Montagna and Mancuso. Montagna had been close to little Anthony Seccafico, who was clipped almost immediately after Montagna was deported which I’ve always thought was Mancuso’s ppl ‘cleaning house’ so to speak. My apologies for rambling lol.
Vinnie TV was Consigliere until he became Acting Boss. This was after Rabito was jailed.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Griz23 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:59 am Besides Mancuso who are the other Bronx guys in the Bonanno's on the street?
I believe pete calabrese is said to be
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Did Aiello, Badamo and them guys go to jail? Or was it thrown out, are they bronx guys?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

TommyGambino wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:30 am Did Aiello, Badamo and them guys go to jail? Or was it thrown out, are they bronx guys?
Isn't Badamo acting for Rabito who was BK?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

TommyGambino wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:30 am Did Aiello, Badamo and them guys go to jail? Or was it thrown out, are they bronx guys?
Aiello is a made guy in the Bronx crew.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

I think Mancuso was aggressive enough and wanted the slot.

A lot of the guys who could qualify to run shit for any family simply avoid it so they don't get bagged repeatedly.

Mancuso has shown he can do time and that he's not ever going to rat most likely.

He's probably not a money making visionary or genius racketeer he's just tough, willing, and has stripes.

His early career doesn't seem mega distinguished but that barely matters nowadays. He was a Harlem Purple gang guy which again bodes well for toughness.

Cicale hated him but you can NEVER trust a rat narrative as it's always self serving.

Not every family has a Bellomo.
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

Looks like they were sentenced to jail. According to following link.

https://www.manhattanda.org/da-vance-an ... ly-member/