Mancuso question

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Mancuso question

Post by Mason_dixon »

So after reading on here that Mancuso has some support from the other families or the so called commision, It makes me wonder. Joe C, Porky, and the two other Grimaldis were all major players and major contributors. I wonder if the other families want to keep the Bonnanos down beecause Joe C was reallyw working on getting things back in line. Any thoughts from the rest of you all? Mancuso seems to be a weird choice for boss. just curious who has more info on the situation?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Mancuso question

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I think it is as simple as the other bosses not wanting to set a precedent that a few Capos can just depose the Boss and declare themselves the new leaders on a whim and without approval from the other families.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:19 am I think it is as simple as the other bosses not wanting to set a precedent that a few Capos can just depose the Boss and declare themselves the new leaders on a whim and without approval from the other families.

Pogo
Agreed.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

We’ve seen over the recent years that ousting a sitting boss is exceptionally hard to do.
We thought Nicky Corozzo was going to take the mantle upon Gotti’s incarceration.
We thought Petter Gotti had long been deposed by Cefalu as official.
We thought Crea was the power and that Amuso was overthrown.
All wrong. In every case the sitting won out.

And we see this again with Mancuso.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:24 pm We’ve seen over the recent years that ousting a sitting boss is exceptionally hard to do.
We thought Nicky Corozzo was going to take the mantle upon Gotti’s incarceration.

So in your opinion your think Peter Gotti is still being paid? Serious question.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Mason_dixon wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:35 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:24 pm We’ve seen over the recent years that ousting a sitting boss is exceptionally hard to do.

So in your opinion your think Peter Gotti is still being paid? Serious question.
No.

But he has the stripes (I don’t think he does actually NOW, but he certainly did until his appeal)
Russellm323
Associate

Post by Russellm323 »

I think joe c Jr will not except just being shelved him and porky are old school if his father was alive I think this family chart would end differently but what do I know except joe c sr had juice and was respected accross board
Strong island
Russellm323
Associate

Post by Russellm323 »

And I agree with what pogo said earlier as well
Strong island
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Yeah according to Capeci the captains all voted joe c in but apparently it meant nothing cuz mancuso is still the boss. I don’t blame him for shelving him he tried to take over the family
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Ya at the times tho when all this came out it never mentioned joe c as boss only as acting I thought it was all just about that not bout the soul number one position. Mancuso probably won’t be on the streets long tho so this could get interesting....does anyone think that with the Lukes tanking lately the Bonannons are a strong number 3 and maybe even have close to 140 made men on the street? Or is the Luke’s small numbers just much more quality guys... seems like Porky is a pretty legendary bookie.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

It seems the only way you can depose an official boss in NY, is to kill him. With all the official bosses in prison, it's definitely a hard thing to do. I thought a vote of the Captains was the rule?? It's interesting that Mancuso maybe was approved by the Commission back in 2012. I guess we can speculate that Joe C didn't have Commission approval. I wonder if that's the only reason the vote was not recognized.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Frank wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:03 am It seems the only way you can depose an official boss in NY, is to kill him. With all the official bosses in prison, it's definitely a hard thing to do. I thought a vote of the Captains was the rule?? It's interesting that Mancuso maybe was approved by the Commission back in 2012. I guess we can speculate that Joe C didn't have Commission approval. I wonder if that's the only reason the vote was not recognized.
Yea these guys never get deposed any other way we found out over the last few years without the killing , That's why I'm not sure about the Cali killing 100% and that kid just being a whacko, With him being taken out guys take his place and move up no questions asked
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Bklyn21 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:23 am
Frank wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:03 am It seems the only way you can depose an official boss in NY, is to kill him. With all the official bosses in prison, it's definitely a hard thing to do. I thought a vote of the Captains was the rule?? It's interesting that Mancuso maybe was approved by the Commission back in 2012. I guess we can speculate that Joe C didn't have Commission approval. I wonder if that's the only reason the vote was not recognized.
Yea these guys never get deposed any other way we found out over the last few years without the killing , That's why I'm not sure about the Cali killing 100% and that kid just being a whacko, With him being taken out guys take his place and move up no questions asked
The Commission sided with the Mangano and then the Anastasia killers. Now with Gotti, he was recognized as Boss, but the Commission really didn't side with him. They tried to kill him. I don't see it as a move against Cali and would really be surprised if it turns that way. I think Cali was in line to be the Boss someday. It would be nice if more info would come out about the Bonanno situation, even going all the way back to when and how Mancuso became official. Like was he voted in by the Family and rubber stamped by the Commission or what. Why wasn't Joe C recognized? It could be the Commission found out about the vote much later and always thought Joe C was acting boss.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

I thought the Lucchese admin didn't recognize Mancuso - wasn't that why a bunch of Bonanno goons started a ruckus at a Lucchese club? Isn't that what lead to the murder conspiracy that Crea Jr plead out to?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Hired_Goonz wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:46 pm I thought the Lucchese admin didn't recognize Mancuso - wasn't that why a bunch of Bonanno goons started a ruckus at a Lucchese club? Isn't that what lead to the murder conspiracy that Crea Jr plead out to?
Correct