MAFIA

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Re: The New York Mafia

Post by JohnnySalami »

Confederate wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:24 am
maxiestern11 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:17 pm and to answer your question about Gigante and Gotti. They DID NOT settle it. in fact, there was no open conflict. They jerked each other off the few times they met. But Chin was seething until his collar and wanted John dead!..... planned for it as we know. But the feds saved Gotti before it COULD happen.
Gigante would have needed someone from within Gotti's inner circle to betray him. I wonder who would have betrayed Gotti? The other Bosses probably would have gone along with Gotti being killed because he raised his hand against a Boss. However, in Gotti's defense, he had no choice. It was kill or be killed & he struck first.
How did Gotti know that Castellano was going to be at Spark's Steak House at a particular time on that fateful day? Who was inside Spark's Steak House waiting to meet with Castellano & Bilotti?
If memory serves me correctly Decicco set up a sit down with castellano to talk about how he didn’t show up to neils funeral which was disrespectful in most of the family’s eyes
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

I've just broken the story of the Sicilian heroin kingpin and longtime Lucchese power who has just died at 79 years old! ...... click into our site to read about it.

You will NOT find this news ANYWHERE else except on The New York Mafia!
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Brothers Day!..... Biographies we just posted today:

Frank (Frankie Dio) Dioguardi ...... Johnny Dio’s brother

Salvatore (Sal) Profaci Sr....... Joe’s brother

Two major mafiosi so often overlooked in mob history, but surprisingly integral to the FLA and NY underworld
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:19 pm Brothers Day!..... Biographies we just posted today:

Frank (Frankie Dio) Dioguardi ...... Johnny Dio’s brother

Salvatore (Sal) Profaci Sr....... Joe’s brother

Two major mafiosi so often overlooked in mob history, but surprisingly integral to the FLA and NY underworld

Correction fella’s.... Frankie Dio (Johnny’s brother) and Jersey Sal Profaci (Joe’s son) ..... still working on Joe’s brother 😆😎🤣
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Wishing everyone on the forum a very Merry Christmas! .... and a happy and healthy 2020 for all!

And as an early Xmas gift Mafiastudent and I have written an extensive biography on New Jersey’s only true Cosa Nostra Boss.... Giovanni (John the Eagle) Riggi Sr.

Hope you all enjoy it! Buon Natale!
IrishDave
Straightened out

Post by IrishDave »

Great write up on John Riggi. What gave Gotti the authority to exert any authority over him and the New Jersey family?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

IrishDave wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:01 pm Great write up on John Riggi. What gave Gotti the authority to exert any authority over him and the New Jersey family?
One article written after Riggi's death said he had aligned himself with Gotti to "fend off encroachment by potential rivals in New York and Philadelphia." I suppose that kind of affiliation gave Gotti and the Gambinos a certain influence over the much smaller Decavalcantes.
All roads lead to New York.
IrishDave
Straightened out

Post by IrishDave »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:47 pm
One article written after Riggi's death said he had aligned himself with Gotti to "fend off encroachment by potential rivals in New York and Philadelphia." I suppose that kind of affiliation gave Gotti and the Gambinos a certain influence over the much smaller Decavalcantes.
I wonder who the rivals were?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

IrishDave wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:59 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:47 pm
I wonder who the rivals were?
Probably any of the other NY families at the time (particularly the Genovese and Luccheses), as well as Philadelphia's North Jersey crew.
All roads lead to New York.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

IrishDave wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:01 pm Great write up on John Riggi. What gave Gotti the authority to exert any authority over him and the New Jersey family?
I believe that the Gambino’s were who the DeCavalamte’s were “going into” in NYC for the Commission. Paul Castellano and Carlo Gambino before him. So Gotti as boss had “inherited” Riggi and his crew. BUT, and this is a big BUT, Commission Families “service” lesser borgata’s. They are NOT supposed to put the “bull” on friends. Especially other bosses and Families.

But this was at a time when John Gotti thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. And thought he could throw his weight around. He tried doing it with Vic Orena and the Colombos and Joey Massino and the Bonannos also. But not to the crazy degree he did with Riggi.

Orena and Massino in a sense DID become his puppets, but no where near what happened in Jersey.
-
Lucchese and Genovese were deadly against him. Orena kissed his ass somewhat. So did Massino. But with 125-150 guys in either crew, he wasn’t gonna move on them like that..... Gotti wouldn’t dare!
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Just posted up Frankie Skyball’s biography...boss of Springfield, Massachusetts ...

...And here’s the link to read about the Falcone crew from up in Utica, New York (we expanded the story)

Enjoy!
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

We also featured Joe Babes Bendenelli from East Harlem today... for an extra little bit of mob reading
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone on the forum! Mafiastudent and I wanna wish a happy, healthy and wealthy 2020 for all! 🥂🎉
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Maxie, thanks for doing a NE bio! Can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2020

-Jake
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.