Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

Moscone65 wrote:The rizzutos will recover.
I wouldn't say that too soon. As we've seen, tides can swift fast and there's a lot of bad blood. I no longer dare to make predictions.
stubbs
Straightened out

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by stubbs »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:06 am I cant believe they didnt pay the hitters..... you always feed the wolves...

A lot of these guys dont seem to have a clue about running a large organization.... they make the dumbest mistakes...
I'm not surprised, the Scoppas seemed like arrogant hotheads, or at least Salvatore more so than Andrea. And yeah, not paying your hitters is a great way to cause people to flip... either flip to the feds or flip allegiances on the street.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Lupara wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:49 am
I wouldn't say that too soon. As we've seen, tides can swift fast and there's a lot of bad blood. I no longer dare to make predictions.
What's interesting is there's been two separate coups attempted against the Rizzutos over the past decade and both have failed. I wonder how they've been able to hold on? Also, why they keep getting underestimated? Do the Rizzutos have much more respect on the streets from the bikers and street gangs than anyone realizes? Or maybe it's pure dumb luck.

I also wonder how closely tied the Rizzutos are to the Wolfpack? Maybe they're increasing the share the bikers and Wolfpack are getting in the Montreal drug scene, in exchange for backing them on the streets?
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

stubbs wrote:What's interesting is there's been two separate coups attempted against the Rizzutos over the past decade and both have failed. I wonder how they've been able to hold on?
Because they are remarkably tight-knit and clannish and ultimately still profit from Nick and Vito's connections, not to mention the latter's charisma. Vito commanded so much respect that he can still order murders from the grave, so to speak. I think his legacy is what's holding this group together. Also, the leaders have been clever enough to share the wealth among each other, which keeps everyone happy, loyal and resilient.
Also, why they keep getting underestimated? Do the Rizzutos have much more respect on the streets from the bikers and street gangs than anyone realizes?

I think it ultimately comes down to jealousy. And it's men's nature to challenge those who they feel threatened by.

Just my two cents.

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I respect your opinion, but they will recover. Not to previous heights but close.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Moscone65 wrote:
I respect your opinion, but they will recover. Not to previous heights but close.
Depends on how you define it. The group is still there but whether they will control Montreal again remains to be seen.

As others have been saying, there may be plenty of people who want to avenge murders attributed to them and they probably will when the time is right. It's a never ending circle.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

That’s true, but I think certain groups pike the Scoppa group may be done now. Who’s gonna go for revenge, who knows..
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Le cartel d’El Chapo gagne du terrain à Montréal:

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2019/11/16/ ... a-montreal
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

stubbs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:10 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:06 am I cant believe they didnt pay the hitters..... you always feed the wolves...

A lot of these guys dont seem to have a clue about running a large organization.... they make the dumbest mistakes...
I'm not surprised, the Scoppas seemed like arrogant hotheads, or at least Salvatore more so than Andrea. And yeah, not paying your hitters is a great way to cause people to flip... either flip to the feds or flip allegiances on the street.
Thing was, they had to flip to the Mounties, there was no way they could jump sides to the Sicilians because of "who" they killed.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

It is not that very often that an individual from Ottawa who had long-standing ties with the Mafia, and in occurrence with the Rizzuto Family, has been shot and killed yesterday.

Former boss of illegal Ottawa gambling ring target in shooting outside Meadowlands gym

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-ne ... e-incident
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Laurentian wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:50 am It is not that very often that an individual from Ottawa who had long-standing ties with the Mafia, and in occurrence with the Rizzuto Family, has been shot yesterday.

Former boss of illegal Ottawa gambling ring target in shooting outside Meadowlands gym

Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Laurentian wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:52 am
Laurentian wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:50 am It is not that very often that an individual from Ottawa who had long-standing ties with the Mafia, and in occurrence with the Rizzuto Family, has been shot yesterday.

Un individu lié à la mafia atteint par balles à Ottawa

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... ottawa.php
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:16 pm Le cartel d’El Chapo gagne du terrain à Montréal:

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2019/11/16/ ... a-montreal
Cross-posting.
-----------------
You will need to sign up for a free pressreader.com account to read the article to which I've linked below. If you already have an account, you shouldn't have any problem.

"Canada's Cocaine Cowboys"

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/nati ... 123/page/6
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:19 pm
stubbs wrote:What's interesting is there's been two separate coups attempted against the Rizzutos over the past decade and both have failed. I wonder how they've been able to hold on?
Because they are remarkably tight-knit and clannish and ultimately still profit from Nick and Vito's connections, not to mention the latter's charisma. Vito commanded so much respect that he can still order murders from the grave, so to speak. I think his legacy is what's holding this group together. Also, the leaders have been clever enough to share the wealth among each other, which keeps everyone happy, loyal and resilient.
Also, why they keep getting underestimated? Do the Rizzutos have much more respect on the streets from the bikers and street gangs than anyone realizes?

I think it ultimately comes down to jealousy. And it's men's nature to challenge those who they feel threatened by.

Just my two cents.
“I say, then, that hereditary states accustomed to the family of their ruler are more easily kept than new ones, because it is sufficient if the prince does not abandon the methods of his ancestors and proves adaptable when unforeseen events occur. In this way a prince of ordinary capability will always keep his state unless he is deprived of it by an exceptional or exceedingly powerful force. If he is once deprived of it, however, he will nevertheless regain it at the slightest adversity that the conqueror encounters.

When I came to power and politics, Machiavelli really knew his shit....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

“In a new principality, however, there are difficulties. To begin with, if it is not entirely new, but an added member so to speak (the old and the new together being called a mixed principality), changes of authority come about from a natural hazard which exists in all new principalities: that is, from the willingness of men to change one lord for another, believing thus to improve their lot. For this reason they take arms against their ruler; but in this they deceive themselves, for experience will prove that they will actually have worsened their lot. This in turn will be the result of another common and natural necessity, for by the presence of his soldiers and by those other innumerable offenses that follow upon conquest, the new ruler must inevitably distress those over whom he establishes his rule. So it happens that he makes enemies of all those whom he has injured in occupying the new principality, and yet he cannot keep the friendship of those who have set him up; for he cannot satisfy them as they had expected and, since he is obligated to them, he cannot use strong medicine against them. Even if one has[…]”

Montagnais WHOLE move in a fuckin nutshell, lol