Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Stroccos »

what the fuck they let this dea agent out on a 250k unseruced bond ? and yet some half ass bookie has to post
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

antimafia wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:29 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:19 pm I think he’s an Italian biker type
His Facebook friends include Frank "Cisco" Lenti (longtime Woodbridge biker who's a convicted murderer), Vivian Risi (real-estate superwoman who is Cosimo Commisso's wife), and a couple of Commissos who are related to the murdered Cosimo Ernesto Commisso.
Yep, frank lenti likes his pics on Facebook lol. I winder if this was business or a more personal beef that caused this.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:And/or Italian guys in Buffalo with - at best - loose affiliations to the Buffalo mob.
What Buffalo mob? They aren't viable.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

B. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:22 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:35 pm
B. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:00 pm Buffalo Wild Wings are back on the menu and they got BONES in 'em, boys.
Huh?
Wyngz is a chicken food product that is in the shape of a chicken wing or a bite-size appetizer-type product, but is not actually a viable Italian Organized Crime group.
oh okay

sorry, I'm slow
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Stroccos wrote:what the fuck they let this dea agent out on a 250k unseruced bond ? and yet some half ass bookie has to post
Would be hilarious if he gets whacked.
AntComello
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by AntComello »

Lupara wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:42 am
Stroccos wrote:what the fuck they let this dea agent out on a 250k unseruced bond ? and yet some half ass bookie has to post
Would be hilarious if he gets whacked.
That would be some shit lol
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm There is a Bongiovanni running with Buffalo underboss Fred Randaccio in the early-mid 60’s. Additionally a Judge Joe Bongiavonni, originally from Buffalo, was accused of taking bribes from the Buffalo mob in Las Vegas during the ‘90’s when all the cocaine was coming from there to Buffalo and on to Canada. Here is a post to information I dig up: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4122&start=2440#p128129
I missed that post -- thanks for linking.

I see that ex-judge Gerard Bongiovanni is still practicing law in Nevada and many of his relatives also live there, including his brother who is in his 70s. His brother's social media account shows that he is "friends" with all of the familiar names back in Buffalo -- Todaro, Randaccio, Pieri, Cini, Spano, Panaro, and Caci among them. Gerard's wife's account shows similar ties, so we can assume Gerard himself shares the same social circle back in Buffalo.

So we have a corrupt former judge from Buffalo with the surname Bongiovanni who apparently took mafia bribes and helped his criminal friends from Buffalo in Vegas, and he comes from a social circle in Buffalo that is filled with relatives of Buffalo mafia members. Joe Bongiovanni doesn't appear to be the son of ex-judge Gerard, but he shares the same surname, appears to come from a similar social circle, and was a corrupt government agent who took bribes and helped his criminal friends connected to the Buffalo mafia. Quite a parallel.

I saw that the Sam Bongiovanni you mentioned as being an associate of Victor Randaccio was cited as being a member of Local 210 back in 1940 and served as a union thug in the late 1930s/early 1940s. The fact that the ex-judge Bongiovanni relatives in Nevada are connected on social media to a Randaccio relative suggests a potential connection to Sam Bongiovanni.

As I've said often, there are few coincidences when it comes to this stuff. Logic would suggest that these two corrupt government employees from Buffalo with the surname Bongiovanni who ruined their careers to help mafia associates was not a random coincidence, but part of a longrunning connection to Buffalo organized crime. The dots seem to be there if we can manage to connect the specifics.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

B. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:29 am
As I've said often, there are few coincidences when it comes to this stuff.

Speaking of few coincidences and social circles. The day before the Bongiovanni story broke a local funeral director named Charles Durante was found collapsed in the middle of an Amherst road outside the funeral home. LE tabled the death "suspicious." When you check Durante's facebook friends they
are numerous surnames associated with the Buffalo crime family. I know this is a leap in logic. I'm just saying this is something to keep an eye on and look into. And let me preempt Pogo and Wiseguy... My proverbial tin-foil hat is on.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/11/04/amhe ... d-in-road/
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Moscone65 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:47 pm
antimafia wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:29 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:19 pm I think he’s an Italian biker type
His Facebook friends include Frank "Cisco" Lenti (longtime Woodbridge biker who's a convicted murderer), Vivian Risi (real-estate superwoman who is Cosimo Commisso's wife), and a couple of Commissos who are related to the murdered Cosimo Ernesto Commisso.
Yep, frank lenti likes his pics on Facebook lol. I winder if this was business or a more personal beef that caused this.

‘Tony Scratch,’ killed in daylight shooting near Sherway Gardens, was longtime organized crime figure, sources say
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2019/1 ... s-say.html
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

TommyNoto wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:48 pmI have no idea and could care less but I would agree with you those families are done. Just a guess , same as you

I can only go by what the Feds say in the indictment , members / associates in Western District of NY. If this was the only incident of Buffalo activity then I would agree with you but as NC and B have shown this is one of many busts involving direct relatives of old Buffalo mobsters. Putting 1000 kilos into streets of Western NY, gambling records, guns, explosives, DEA agents, wiretaps, an undercover LE poster here.

As B said to treat paying a DEA with mob ties agent $250k plus all the recent Buffalo drug busts, all relatives of buffalo members as nothing is just ignoring evidence from legit LE agencies. It does seem though that the Feds are into them now and as Kennedy said this investigation isn’t done. Things are getting interesting that’s for sure

but it doesn’t matter what the Feds say at this point , you chose your team so let’s just agree to disagree and move on with our lives .
Reading your posts, it's apparent that you really haven't looked at these cases in depth. You've just glanced over them and then ran with it.

You can look at all the Buffalo cases before the 2017 drug bust (an anomaly) and after. What they show is the same small, disjointed residual activity from remnants of a family that we've seen in other cities.

And my god, if you really believe the Buffalo mob is moving thousands of kilos into Western New York, there really is nothing left to say to you.
NickleCity wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:06 am Speaking of few coincidences and social circles. The day before the Bongiovanni story broke a local funeral director named Charles Durante was found collapsed in the middle of an Amherst road outside the funeral home. LE tabled the death "suspicious." When you check Durante's facebook friends they
are numerous surnames associated with the Buffalo crime family. I know this is a leap in logic. I'm just saying this is something to keep an eye on and look into. And let me preempt Pogo and Wiseguy... My proverbial tin-foil hat is on.

You're a nice guy, NickleCity, but this is honestly how I picture you.
giphy (4).gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:06 am
B. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:29 am
As I've said often, there are few coincidences when it comes to this stuff.

Speaking of few coincidences and social circles. The day before the Bongiovanni story broke a local funeral director named Charles Durante was found collapsed in the middle of an Amherst road outside the funeral home. LE tabled the death "suspicious." When you check Durante's facebook friends they

More on Sam Bongiovanni:

- Business agent for Local 210 in the 1940s.
- Married to a DiCarlo.

So if Sam Bongiovanni is an ancestor of Gerard and Joseph, he was right in the middle of things during his era. Business agent is one of the most influential labor positions, this during a time when the local mafia dominated the local. Certainly could be a candidate for one of the 125 members at Buffalo's peak, most of whom went unidentified by the FBI.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:30 pm

giphy (4).gif
LOL! I deserve that one after my Durante comment--but I will keep an eye on it--maybe even as you pictured! LOL :lol: :lol: BTW what did you think of that article I posted about the need for quantitive and qualitative methods for researching the mob?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:45 pm

giphy (4).gif
LOL! I deserve that one after my Durante comment--but I will keep an eye on it--maybe even as you pictured! LOL :lol: :lol: BTW what did you think of that article I posted about the need for quantitive and qualitative methods for researching the mob?
In other words, having seen it with my own eyes, experienced those sensations, and smelled that environment, allows me to gather knowledge which then I analyze, unpack and dissect.

It was an interesting article, and there is a need for both the quantitative and qualitative. But I have to ask, is the above quote supposed to be you? This is more or less the geography card being played again. And it's hardly apples to apples. With one, we have someone from law enforcement investigating the Camorra - a very viable crime group with thousands of members. With the other, we have you trying to glean what you can - and blowing it out of proportion - while ignoring what law enforcement has said.
All roads lead to New York.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

B. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:44 pm
More on Sam Bongiovanni:

- Business agent for Local 210 in the 1940s.
- Married to a DiCarlo.

So if Sam Bongiovanni is an ancestor of Gerard and Joseph, he was right in the middle of things during his era. Business agent is one of the most influential labor positions, this during a time when the local mafia dominated the local. Certainly could be a candidate for one of the 125 members at Buffalo's peak, most of whom went unidentified by the FBI.
Good info and nice connection! Thanks B.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:02 pm
NickleCity wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:45 pm

giphy (4).gif
In other words, having seen it with my own eyes, experienced those sensations, and smelled that environment, allows me to gather knowledge which then I analyze, unpack and dissect.

It was an interesting article, and there is a need for both the quantitative and qualitative. But I have to ask, is the above quote supposed to be you? This is more or less the geography card being played again. And it's hardly apples to apples. With one, we have someone from law enforcement investigating the Camorra - a very viable crime group with thousands of members. With the other, we have you trying to glean what you can - and blowing it out of proportion - while ignoring what law enforcement has said.
You are right not apples to apples. But I do think an overemphasis on quantitive approaches kept LE from believing Buffalo had a viable crime family. (I know you disagree about he viable part. Time will prove I am right and if it doesn't I will acknowledge it.) However, if one overemphasizes measurables he or she may miss much of the character and feel that could yield valuable insight. Yes, I am using a geography card. Although it is not a be-all-end-all, there is value in "geography" when handled correctly. I understand people have used the geography card to yield credibility . That is not my desire... I want my credibility to be rest on the value of information I bring to the discussion. I am just pointing out that "my geography" shapes the way I look at our topic. I am aware geography affects the presuppositions I bring to my research/study. And most importantly, I think we all need to be aware of the presuppositions and biases we bring to our work. It is the only way to rise above them.