Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NickleCity
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by NickleCity »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:01 pm
NickleCity wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:58 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:47 pm
NickleCity wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:42 pmWhile I certainly get what you are saying and thank you for the compliment I think there is 1 point that must be considered about your comment that “ a guy here or there with loose affiliations ...is Essentially what you’ve seen in Buffalo for the past 20 years.” If a DEA agent in Buffalo has been covering for his IOC friends that is what you would see! —a case here or there.
Get back to me when we actually know who these "Italian Organized Crime" guys are. Drugs? Like I said, chances are, it's guys from across the border. And/or Italian guys in Buffalo with - at best - loose affiliations to the Buffalo mob.
Wow! Great put down. Like I don’t know know what IOC is-lol.

Why so angry?

Is it that hard to be cordial to those who disagree with you? Does that help you win you argument?

Like I said, I understand where you are coming from. It is a descent argument especially given your frustration with posters in the past. However, I am not those posters and would appreciate being taken on my own merit. I respect your opinion, just disagree with it.
It's not just my opinion. It's the FBI's.

And I get frustrated because I've had these same debates with people on the forums over the years about multiple families that are gone but that insist otherwise. Time has shown the feds to be right in every case. Buffalo won't be any different.
Wiseguy, I really do appreciate the point of view that you and Pogo bring to the boards. It brings balance to discussion. It ensures both quantitative and qualitative approaches to researching are kept in check. I, however believe that the lack of qualitative methods have led to a dismissal of the Buffalo mobs viability and I think that is rub. Knowing WNY enables me to see things others may overlook. I could be wrong about these things, but I believe development since Nov. 2017 suggest I may be on the right track. Time will tell.

Here is an article highlighting need quantitative research to be balanced with qualitative research methods. Love you thoughts.
https://www.cornellpress.cornell.edu/st ... -a-debate/
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by TommyNoto »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:53 pm
TommyNoto wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:50 pmWhy would I care about something so stupid as whether Buffalo has an active mafia family ? I just follow the evidence as the Bonanno possible role interest me

The DOJ doesn’t do the direct underlying investigation , the FBI or DEA does. The conclusions made in the indictment came directly from the FBI or DEA or likely both . This is how our federal legal system work.

I’m still not following you , this indictment is at least partly a result of an FBI investigation and more likely they were the lead agency that investigated these federal crimes.

Are you saying the FBI wasn’t involved in this investigation ?
What conclusions?! Stop being vague.
This is a lost cause and I can really care less . However in the beginning of the indictment it clearly states members of IOC IN the Western District of NY and elsewhere .

This statement came from an investigation directly by the FBI or DEA ( or both ) from which the DOJ is making their case on.

I don’t get the hostility , I’m just basing my decision from the investigative and prosecution work of federal agencies - FBI, DEA and DOJ . Why would I not believe their statements ?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Does anyone know where Bongiovanni is from? There were some Bongiovannis in Rochester believed to have been affiliated with the so-called "Black Hand" element but that was a century ago. Still, when an LE agent is corrupt to this degree you have to wonder if they came from a criminal family background (i.e. Louis Eppolito). It says he worked for the Erie County sheriff prior to becoming a federal agent so would seem he is local and it would be logical to assume he didn't suddenly become corrupt when he joined the DEA, but rather showed similar patterns of behavior earlier on in his career.
WKBW wrote:Another line in the indictment states Bongiovanni attempted to “dissuade” a fellow agent from investigating one of his friends “by asking his colleague if he ‘hated italians.’”
^ He even pulled that card. Looks like he did everything he could to help his friends, big and small, if all of the allegations are true.

The Cheektowaga strip club Bongiovanni helped out must be Pharaoh's, owned by Joe Todaro's in-law. If so, that is an indication of the circles his associates operated in.

A DEA agent allegedly helping mafia associates to this extent anywhere is big news no matter the hairs that anyone wants to split about the group they are associated with. It's a black eye to the agency who failed to stop the behavior earlier on, especially post-DeVecchio / Connolly / Eppolito. That it runs parallel to an FBI investigation into public corruption in Buffalo city hall doesn't look good, not that it has a direct correlation to this case. It doesn't help that Joe Todaro's brother-in-law (and son of a deceased consigliere) Marc Panepinto was forced to step down as NY state senator as recent as 2016 due to corruption.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Nickel don’t even bother with this guy, he’s more testadure than a calabrese, who cares
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

B. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:26 pm Does anyone know where Bongiovanni is from? There were some Bongiovannis in Rochester believed to have been affiliated with the so-called "Black Hand" element but that was a century ago. Still, when an LE agent is corrupt to this degree you have to wonder if they came from a criminal family background (i.e. Louis Eppolito). It says he worked for the Erie County sheriff prior to becoming a federal agent so would seem he is local and it would be logical to assume he didn't suddenly become corrupt when he joined the DEA, but rather showed similar patterns of behavior earlier on in his career.
WKBW wrote:Another line in the indictment states Bongiovanni attempted to “dissuade” a fellow agent from investigating one of his friends “by asking his colleague if he ‘hated italians.’”
^ He even pulled that card. Looks like he did everything he could to help his friends, big and small, if all of the allegations are true.

The Cheektowaga strip club Bongiovanni helped out must be Pharaoh's, owned by Joe Todaro's in-law. If so, that is an indication of the circles his associates operated in.

A DEA agent allegedly helping mafia associates to this extent anywhere is big news no matter the hairs that anyone wants to split about the group they are associated with. It's a black eye to the agency who failed to stop the behavior earlier on, especially post-DeVecchio / Connolly / Eppolito. That it runs parallel to an FBI investigation into public corruption in Buffalo city hall doesn't look good, not that it has a direct correlation to this case. It doesn't help that Joe Todaro's brother-in-law (and son of a deceased consigliere) Marc Panepinto was forced to step down as NY state senator as recent as 2016 due to corruption.
Bongiovanni seems to be a sicilian surname with a lot living in the north
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

B. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:26 pm Does anyone know where Bongiovanni is from? There were some Bongiovannis in Rochester believed to have been affiliated with the so-called "Black Hand" element but that was a century ago. Still, when an LE agent is corrupt to this degree you have to wonder if they came from a criminal family background (i.e. Louis Eppolito). It says he worked for the Erie County sheriff prior to becoming a federal agent so would seem he is local and it would be logical to assume he didn't suddenly become corrupt when he joined the DEA, but rather showed similar patterns of behavior earlier on in his career.

There is a Bongiovanni running with Buffalo underboss Fred Randaccio in the early-mid 60’s. Additionally a Judge Joe Bongiavonni, originally from Buffalo, was accused of taking bribes from the Buffalo mob in Las Vegas during the ‘90’s when all the cocaine was coming from there to Buffalo and on to Canada. Here is a post to information I dig up: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4122&start=2440#p128129
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Sorry Victor Randaccio not Fred.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm

There is a Bongiovanni running with Buffalo underboss Fred Randaccio in the early-mid 60’s. Additionally a Judge Joe Bongiavonni, originally from Buffalo, was accused of taking bribes from the Buffalo mob in Las Vegas during the ‘90’s when all the cocaine was coming from there to Buffalo and on to Canada. Here is a post to information I dig up: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4122&start=2440#p128129
Jesus NC, excellent research to fill in some blanks. Great stuff , please keep it coming .
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

TommyNoto wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:22 pmThis is a lost cause and I can really care less . However in the beginning of the indictment it clearly states members of IOC IN the Western District of NY and elsewhere .

This statement came from an investigation directly by the FBI or DEA ( or both ) from which the DOJ is making their case on.

I don’t get the hostility , I’m just basing my decision from the investigative and prosecution work of federal agencies - FBI, DEA and DOJ . Why would I not believe their statements ?
Members of IOC can mean Canadian guys who are moving drugs across the border into New York state. They can be be using "members of IOC" in a generic sense and not necessarily actual made members of the Buffalo LCN. We've gotten a vague reference, without a single name of who was paying bribes, and you're trying to argue the feds now believe there is an active family in Buffalo. But you don't care?

There were members of IOC busted in Pittsburgh in 2000, Detroit in 2006, and Kansas City in 2010. Are you going to argue there are still active families there too?
All roads lead to New York.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

B. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:22 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:35 pm
B. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:00 pm Buffalo Wild Wings are back on the menu and they got BONES in 'em, boys.
Huh?
Wyngz is a chicken food product that is in the shape of a chicken wing or a bite-size appetizer-type product, but is not actually a viable Italian Organized Crime group.
Laugh. My fuckin, ass off.

👏

We’re not worthy.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:12 pm
TommyNoto wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:22 pmThis is a lost cause and I can really care less . However in the beginning of the indictment it clearly states members of IOC IN the Western District of NY and elsewhere .

Members of IOC can mean Canadian guys who are moving drugs across the border into New York state. They can be be using "members of IOC" in a generic sense and not necessarily actual made members of the Buffalo LCN. We've gotten a vague reference, without a single name of who was paying bribes, and you're trying to argue the feds now believe there is an active family in Buffalo. But you don't care?

There were members of IOC busted in Pittsburgh in 2000, Detroit in 2006, and Kansas City in 2010. Are you going to argue there are still active families there too?
I have no idea and could care less but I would agree with you those families are done. Just a guess , same as you

I can only go by what the Feds say in the indictment , members / associates in Western District of NY. If this was the only incident of Buffalo activity then I would agree with you but as NC and B have shown this is one of many busts involving direct relatives of old Buffalo mobsters. Putting 1000 kilos into streets of Western NY, gambling records, guns, explosives, DEA agents, wiretaps, an undercover LE poster here.

As B said to treat paying a DEA with mob ties agent $250k plus all the recent Buffalo drug busts, all relatives of buffalo members as nothing is just ignoring evidence from legit LE agencies. It does seem though that the Feds are into them now and as Kennedy said this investigation isn’t done. Things are getting interesting that’s for sure

but it doesn’t matter what the Feds say at this point , you chose your team so let’s just agree to disagree and move on with our lives .
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:22 am Cross-posting.
————————-
The name of the murder victim has not yet been released because law enforcement has yet to notify his next of kin. More details would have to emerge to determine whether this shooting is related to Italian organized crime.

‪Callous killer guns man down at Etobicoke mall

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... oke-mall/‬

‪'I saw the person shooting': Witness describes fatal shooting near Sherway Gardens

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/i-saw-the-pe ... 1.4669414‬
Toronto Police Service has publicly identified the victim who was murdered this past Monday in Etobicoke.

Homicide #61/2019, 1750 The Queensway.
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/45769
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I think he’s an Italian biker type
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Moscone65 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:19 pm I think he’s an Italian biker type
His Facebook friends include Frank "Cisco" Lenti (longtime Woodbridge biker who's a convicted murderer), Vivian Risi (real-estate superwoman who is Cosimo Commisso's wife), and a couple of Commissos who are related to the murdered Cosimo Ernesto Commisso.