Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by mafiastudent »

NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:20 pm This Comello kid is a loser. I don’t believe any of his stories he’s nothing but a pathological liar, drug addict and mental case. It’s a shame for what he did he made an ass out of himself and his family. And he took the life of a Son, Brother, father, husband, son in law, cousin and uncle to his family. Comello is the poster child of a kid from S.I. hooked on OxyContin with mental illness. It’s a shame that people like him give S.I
A bad name and image
Agree 100 percent. And that's the saddest part....despite whatever Cali's alleged mob status which is completely irrelevant in the whole scheme of things here -- the guy was a human being and all the above you stated. And Comello - a nutjob and loser.
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

Comello should be ashamed of himself as a person he’s garbage. And forget about Cali being a mob boss he was actually a likable guy amongst everybody such as his family, friends etc. What I liked about Cali was that he was his own person he wasn’t in your face like Gotti or someone that put on that image of being a tough guy gangster he was more classy, respectful and conservative. Cali did wonders for the mob he knew how to run a family without violence, murders and mayhem you could say he put the tough guys in check. Anyways I still don’t know how Comello looks at himself in the mirror everyday
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

I’m going to be honest I’ve met Cali a few times.
A few times in Brooklyn and once on Staten Island I remember it was around 2010 we had such a great conversation we were speaking in Italian about Italy. He spoke very good Italian
He actually remembered me from Brooklyn
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

bert wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:32 am Comello is a nut. Plain and simple. If he had not killed Cali he would have hurt someone else, if he got away with killing Cali he would hurt more people. His family has no mob connections and he had none. He microwave his phone, he claims. He gives multiple stories of what happened, he's crazy. Yet the gossip lovers and conspiracy lovers will bend things in a way to make it a mob hit.
Bert,

I'm not entirely sold on the idea that Comello's family have no mob connections. From my own research, I find it hard to believe that his uncle is/was not connected/associated with the mob.

Just dig into the uncle and the brother. Very little on the brother but one key thing he was in a major union at a young age, I forget which one.

The uncle is in every business, in every area that is saturated by the mob.

That of itself proves nothing, even if the uncle is connected that doesnt prove a mafia coup or hit plot etc.

Let me know what you think after you dig a bit, alright.

Best,

"People always underestimate me, Don."

<>

"You know what the real difference is between crooks and lawmen, Warden?

[Warden] Try me.

What side of the bars they're on."
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

Also, I think it's a little premature to say Comello himself had no mob connections.

I think the interrogation must have covered this point and we don't have a transcript yet or at least I dont.

Comello was a native staten islander, of italian ethnicity, living in what use to be a predominantly italian neighborhood I dont know about now.

He very well may have known a wiseguy, or the son or daughter of one.

I think this was quoted in the recent article based upon the evidentiary hearing whether to admit the interrogation into evidence at trial.

He claimed to have known the daughter of a wiseguy who went into witness protection or something like that.

<>

[Warden] Try me.

bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Knowing a relative of a wisely is not being connected to the mob. Plus most Italians in any Italian area are NOT mob connected in any way. Camello's name has never come up as an associate anywhere, and since his arrest not a single LE agency federal or state has said he was. No respectable crime writer has said he was.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

this shit gets stranger by the day. they've had to have at least tried to interview the niece by now, she would be able to clear a few things up.

also if he's claiming he was texted about the murder that should be fairly easy to verify.. can't wait to get more info cause this is as intriguing as it is weird.
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

bert wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:50 am Knowing a relative of a wisely is not being connected to the mob. Plus most Italians in any Italian area are NOT mob connected in any way. Camello's name has never come up as an associate anywhere, and since his arrest not a single LE agency federal or state has said he was. No respectable crime writer has said he was.
Bert,

Let me paint a picture for you: (real life example not bio)

I'm a young guy living in S.I. most of my life, I'm italian and my family is 3 or 4 generations deep on S.I., I have went to school with and am neighbors with the sons and daughters of wiseguys. My own family may be cursorily connected but no made people immediate relatives. I'm in there houses, eating dinners with them, staying over etc, they see I'm friends with their son, the father the wiseguy compliments me on my jewelry and tells me to come to him next time I'm looking for something, next time me and the son go down to the father's car lot and he let's us take an infiniti for the day. We make a minor score and he tells the dad. The dad looks at you different like maybe he can use you somehow somewhere, maybe you have some qualities that make him want to mold you. The father calls you periodically to check on his son, and to evaluate how you deal with stressful confrontations or conflicts. Let's say you are smart, diplomatic and firm. He likes what he sees a young man wise beyond his years and he decides at some later date to give you a job. You perform it alone. You bring back the whole take. Its cut up as allotted and you are now not only associated but connected and at a young age. This will not necessarily be a matter of public or even private LE records.

<>

[Warden] Try me.

NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

A lot of this Comello stuff is making less and less sense at every trial. The whole Cali hit is like a mystery. They know Comello did it But Why? what was the motive of him doing this let’s come down to a conclusion already.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

500YearReign wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:08 pm
bert wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:50 am Knowing a relative of a wisely is not being connected to the mob. Plus most Italians in any Italian area are NOT mob connected in any way. Camello's name has never come up as an associate anywhere, and since his arrest not a single LE agency federal or state has said he was. No respectable crime writer has said he was.
Bert,

I'm a young guy living in S.I. most of my life, I'm italian and my family is 3 or 4 generations deep on S.I., I have went to school with and am neighbors with the sons and daughters of wiseguys. My own family may be cursorily connected but no made people immediate relatives. I'm in there houses, eating dinners with them, staying over etc, they see I'm friends with their son, the father the wiseguy compliments me on my jewelry and tells me to come to him next time I'm looking for something, next time me and the son go down to the father's car lot and he let's us take an infiniti for the day. We make a minor score and he tells the dad. The dad looks at you different like maybe he can use you somehow somewhere, maybe you have some qualities that make him want to mold you. The father calls you periodically to check on his son, and to evaluate how you deal with stressful confrontations or conflicts. Let's say you are smart, diplomatic and firm. He likes what he sees a young man wise beyond his years and he decides at some later date to give you a job. You perform it alone. You bring back the whole take. Its cut up as allotted and you are now not only associated but connected and at a young age. This will not necessarily be a matter of public or even private LE records.
Now you lost me, you are talking about your fantasies. This just got ridiculous.
machinegunfunk
Straightened out

Post by machinegunfunk »

bert wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:21 pm
Bert,

Now you lost me, you are talking about your fantasies. This just got ridiculous.
Lol. Fantasies.

My take on it is the kid was just a straight up lunatic. We’re in a day and age where unfortunately among the psychos of our society it’s acceptable to make trophy kills. Take out a school, a politician, someone of importance. This maniac fancied taking out a major New York crime boss. To each their own I suppose, right? One mans Kennedy is another mans ... Frank Cali.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

You can't see why Frank Cali would be a trophy kill??

All over the internet as the Gambino boss aka the best well known mafia fam today. Oh, and supposedly the guy ressurected the Sicilians and walked on the east River water instead of taking the bridges.

Mix that in with the niece issue. Deff a trophy kill.

As for what dudes saying.... Hes saying u can be a connected kid without officially being a associate. Similar to Henry hill as kid
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

machinegunfunk wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:35 pm
Bert,

Lol. Fantasies.

My take on it is the kid was just a straight up lunatic. We’re in a day and age where unfortunately among the psychos of our society it’s acceptable to make trophy kills. Take out a school, a politician, someone of importance. This maniac fancied taking out a major New York crime boss. To each their own I suppose, right? One mans Kennedy is another mans ... Frank Cali.
Heard his first option was to wack Barney Bellomo but he couldn’t find him
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

AntComello wrote:
Bert,

Lol. Fantasies.

Word on the street he only saw Barney's shadow.
AntComello
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by AntComello »

Lupara wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:31 pm
AntComello wrote:
Bert,

Lol. Fantasies.

Word on the street he only saw Barney's shadow.
And it was Barney’s shadow who ordered him to wack Cali.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.