Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

mafiastudent wrote:
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:07 am
TommyGambino wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:53 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:55 am Oooh.....Kay.....?

Dont know about you guys but I dont know what to think now. It is telling the cops like the rest of the UNIVERSE expected it was mobrelated.....

The guys story makes him out to be, like that guy that hit Anton Cermak, or some shit, I dont know.
You seriously need help. After the first day of Cali being killed it was very clear it wasn't mob related
Ok my guy, did you READ the article? I'll wait for a response, since your looking to pick a fight for mo reason...
People are drooling at the idea it could be mob-related thus what the universe expects and wants as Cabrini state, but as TommyGambino said, it's clear it wasn't from the get-go. The guy is just out of his mind and playing it up very well.
I think the only part of what he said is true is the way Cali reacted to him. That's exactly how I picture a guy like that reacting to such a schmuck in that situation. And it may be true that he 'just' wanted to do a citizen arrest while on drugs and reacted that way because of it. Doesn't make him any less of a moron.

That being said, I can't help but feel sorry for this guy because he's completely lost. Contracting aids for doing some stupid shit any kid could've done sucks.He's been unlucky and he likely has shitty parents to blame for. It can't be a coincidence that he has a brother who robs and beats women.

Last edited by Lupara on Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by CabriniGreen »

I mean, I stopped caring soon as it was clear he was a nut, I only looked at the thread because I was curious why people are STILL posting on it....

I thought there was a new development...

It wasnt even a serious post really, the article mentioned him being blackmailed or whatever, so I made a reference to whatever his name is, Zingara? Some shit, the nut who hit Cermak.....
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:07 am
TommyGambino wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:53 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:55 am Oooh.....Kay.....?

Dont know about you guys but I dont know what to think now. It is telling the cops like the rest of the UNIVERSE expected it was mobrelated.....

The guys story makes him out to be, like that guy that hit Anton Cermak, or some shit, I dont know.
You seriously need help. After the first day of Cali being killed it was very clear it wasn't mob related
Ok my guy, did you READ the article? I'll wait for a response, since your looking to pick a fight for mo reason...
Yes i read the article and the fact you took away from it that it could be mafia related is very strange
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

The takeaway that it could be mob related is based on the alleged statements of Comello claiming a mob connection while under interrogation when he was arrested.
"People always underestimate me, Don."

<>

"You know what the real difference is between crooks and lawmen, Warden?

[Warden] Try me.

What side of the bars they're on."
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

How cops grilled alleged mob-boss killer on possible Mafia ties, rub-outs

Updated Oct 31, 2019;
Posted Oct 31, 2019

Cops wanted to avoid mob war in grilling of alleged Mafia boss killer

Anthony Comello, 25, left, appears in court in Staten Island on Wednesday, April 24, 2019, with his lawyer Robert Gottlieb. Comello is accused of slaying Francesco (Franky Boy) Cali outside the victim's Dongan Hills home in March 2019. (Photo Credit: Shira Stoll/Staten Island Advance/Pool)

By Frank Donnelly | fdonnelly@siadvance.com
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Only three people were in the room when two detectives interrogated alleged killer Anthony Comello in a New Jersey prosecutors’ office seven months ago.

But one unseen presence loomed extremely large: The mob.

For three-and-a-half hours, detectives grilled Comello, accused of gunning down alleged Gambino crime family boss Francesco (Franky Boy) Cali, 53, outside the victim’s Staten Island home on March 13, to determine whether he had executed an underworld hit.

Among other things, authorities feared a potential mob war if Cali had been assassinated in a turf war or coup.

“I’m trying to avoid any further bloodshed,” Detective Daniel Guariano told Comello in a videotape of the interview, portions of which were played Wednesday during a pretrial hearing in state Supreme Court, St. George.

Comello, for his part, initially denied knowing Cali or having any mob connection.

“I never knew him. I got no affiliation with no Mafia. I’m f-----. I’m hunted for the rest of my life,” Comello told detectives. “It was a complete misunderstanding. It’s not like you guys think it is. I was not sent there. I swear to God, I wasn’t sent there. I’m not lying to you. I don’t live that lifestyle.”

However, later in the interview he changed his story several times, first saying unnamed “people” had blackmailed him into the killing, then claiming mobsters had texted him a few days before the slaying telling him to “take care of that other guy.”

Another line of questioning centered on whether Comello had once been the boyfriend of Cali’s niece and planned an overseas trip with her.

On Dec. 5, Justice William E. Garnett will rule on the admissibility of Comello’s statements to authorities.

The judge will determine if Comello was informed of his right to remain silent and whether the statements were properly obtained.

He will not decide on the statements’ accuracy or validity. A jury will ultimately determine those issues. A trial date has not been set.

Defense lawyer Robert Gottlieb contends the Eltingville resident’s statements should be suppressed due to his physical and mental state during the interview.

Gottlieb told investigators he was taking HIV medicine, wasn’t feeling well and had vomited about a half-hour into the interrogation.

The defense also maintains Comello, 25, exhibited symptoms of paranoia, particularly with his remarks about omnipresent government spying, as well as his contention that notorious mob turncoat Sammy (the Bull) Gravano “is a CIA agent from Day One.”

Assistant District Attorney Wanda DeOliveira countered that Comello had been read his right against self-incrimination, waived it and spoke to investigators.

She said the defendant continued talking to detectives for about two-and-a-half hours even after throwing up and after investigators had offered to take him to the hospital.

At the outset of the interview, Comello said he was smoking pot as the events unfolded on March 13.

The interrogation was held in the Ocean County (N.J.) prosecutor’s office because the defendant had been arrested in the nearby town of Brick at a home owned by his family.

Guariano, one of the detectives, questioned why he was on Cali’s block. The victim lived on a cul-de-sac, miles away from Comello’s home.

The defendant said he went to smoke weed there because there’s not a lot of traffic on the street.

“In the middle of the block you can’t see nothing, so I parked there,” Comello said. “I was high.”

Comello who said he had also taken suboxone, said he mistakenly put his pickup truck in reverse and hit Cali’s SUV on the street, knocking off the license plate.

Cali came outside, they spoke, and he apologized but Cali became incensed.

“He said, ‘What are you, f------ kidding me? … You don’t know who I am. I could have you killed. You’re lucky I don’t kill you right here and now,’” Comello told Guariano.

Frightened, Comello said he shot Cali.

“I was scared. I was jumpy, I was high. … I just zoned out. … I would never do something malicious like that,” said Comello.

Asked about the weapon, a 9 mm, Comello told the detective, “I always had that gun. It’s a just-in-case gun.”

The detective then asked what happened to it.

“It’s gone. It’s on a seabed,” said Cali. “I threw it off a high place.”

Asked if he tossed it off the Goethals Bridge while driving in his car, he said yes, seemingly facetiously.

Comello said he didn’t know Cali and insisted the mob didn’t dispatch him to execute the victim.

He also denied anyone in his family having mob ties.

“Nobody in my family is a made member,” he said. “My father raised me if you hang out with s---, you’re gonna smell like s---.”

Pursuing potential mob links, detectives asked if he had, a few years earlier, booked a trip to the Bahamas with a woman but didn’t go.

They identified her as Cali’s niece.

Comello was incredulous.

“I don’t know who the f--- his niece is,” he said, his voice rising. “When did that happen?”

Told it was two or three years earlier, Comello responded, “I didn’t have money two or three years ago. I was a junkie.”

Comello claimed the father of a woman he once knew had mob ties, and he ultimately went into witness protection. That man apparently was not related to Cali.

As the interview continued, Comello altered his account of Cali’s death.

He said some “people” had blackmailed him into the killing.

“They spread out propaganda on how I got it,” he said referring to HIV, which, he said, he contracted from a stripper and for which he was taking medicine. “They blackmailed me into doing it, saying that’s what they’re gonna do if I don’t do it.”

Seeking to identify those persons, the detective then mentioned the names of two prominent alleged mobsters.

“I’m not a rat,” Comello responded. “I’m not being a rat.”

Afterward, Comello provided yet another version of the events.

He said some mobsters had given him a burner phone. Two days before the killing, he received a text message telling him to “take care of that other guy,” he said.

Afterward, Comello said he went to Cali’s house to “spill the beans” and advise that organized crime had put out a hit on him.

Asked where the phone was, Comello said he put it in a “microwave.”

<>

[Warden] Try me.

500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

Comello, for his part, initially denied knowing Cali or having any mob connection.

“I never knew him. I got no affiliation with no Mafia. I’m f-----. I’m hunted for the rest of my life,” Comello told detectives. “It was a complete misunderstanding. It’s not like you guys think it is. I was not sent there. I swear to God, I wasn’t sent there. I’m not lying to you. I don’t live that lifestyle.”

However, later in the interview he changed his story several times, first saying unnamed “people” had blackmailed him into the killing, then claiming mobsters had texted him a few days before the slaying telling him to “take care of that other guy.”

Another line of questioning centered on whether Comello had once been the boyfriend of Cali’s niece and planned an overseas trip with her.

<>

[Warden] Try me.

bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Comello is a nut. Plain and simple. If he had not killed Cali he would have hurt someone else, if he got away with killing Cali he would hurt more people. His family has no mob connections and he had none. He microwave his phone, he claims. He gives multiple stories of what happened, he's crazy. Yet the gossip lovers and conspiracy lovers will bend things in a way to make it a mob hit.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

bert wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:32 am Comello is a nut. Plain and simple. If he had not killed Cali he would have hurt someone else, if he got away with killing Cali he would hurt more people. His family has no mob connections and he had none. He microwave his phone, he claims. He gives multiple stories of what happened, he's crazy. Yet the gossip lovers and conspiracy lovers will bend things in a way to make it a mob hit.
Nothing against you bud since I respect your opinions, but in this post you act like you know the guy lol let me tell you something from the psychiatric point of view (I've magistrated in that branch although I'm not a high level expert)...do you know that mentally ill person like in this case, sometimes can be more loyal than most of the hardcore Mafiosi out there? I've personally saw it with my own eyes lol lol

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that im sure regarding he killing Cali on mob orders, but I only want to remind you regarding one of the oldest tricks in the book, meaning these type of people are quite easy to manipulate, and the suspicion comes especially when they are involved in high profile murders such as this one. Many people don't believe in coincidences and I don't blame them
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

bert wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:32 am Comello is a nut. Plain and simple. If he had not killed Cali he would have hurt someone else, if he got away with killing Cali he would hurt more people. His family has no mob connections and he had none. He microwave his phone, he claims. He gives multiple stories of what happened, he's crazy. Yet the gossip lovers and conspiracy lovers will bend things in a way to make it a mob hit.
Not only that...how stupid would any mob guy be by texting threats to some nutjob. I can't believe that would happen. Out of the question.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

mafiastudent wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:09 am
Not only that...how stupid would any mob guy be by texting threats to some nutjob. I can't believe that would happen. Out of the question.
The last few world wide oc cases prove that most of these fellas (Italian, Chinese or Albanian or whatever) can be quite stupid by still talking business over their mobile phones, meaning these fellas ain't some college Masons but instead their IQ is very, very low. Don't forget that Tony Montana and Don Corleone are just fiction
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Thanks for educating me on the difference between real life and fiction -- i had no idea.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

mafiastudent wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:13 pm Thanks for educating me on the difference between real life and fiction -- i had no idea.
You're welcome and feel free to ask me any time regarding reality check...pls don't feel ashamed about it, everything's cool, we all started as "students" such as yourself ;)
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Villain wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:45 am
Nothing against you bud since I respect your opinions, but in this post you act like you know the guy lol let me tell you something from the psychiatric point of view (I've magistrated in that branch although I'm not a high level expert)...do you know that mentally ill person like in this case, sometimes can be more loyal than most of the hardcore Mafiosi out there? I've personally saw it with my own eyes lol lol

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that im sure regarding he killing Cali on mob orders, but I only want to remind you regarding one of the oldest tricks in the book, meaning these type of people are quite easy to manipulate, and the suspicion comes especially when they are involved in high profile murders such as this one. Many people don't believe in coincidences and I don't blame them
I'm going by everything taken together Villain. The killing itself, his history, and the recently released interrogations. Plus his threats to kill the mayor, made to cops in a courthouse.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

mafiastudent wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:09 am
Unless they had burner phones, my friend.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

This Comello kid is a loser. I don’t believe any of his stories he’s nothing but a pathological liar, drug addict and mental case. It’s a shame for what he did he made an ass out of himself and his family. And he took the life of a Son, Brother, father, husband, son in law, cousin and uncle to his family. Comello is the poster child of a kid from S.I. hooked on OxyContin with mental illness. It’s a shame that people like him give S.I
A bad name and image