Feds say ailing mobster Peter Gotti isn’t sick enough for early release

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bert
Full Patched

Re: Feds say ailing mobster Peter Gotti isn’t sick enough for early release

Post by bert »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:56 pm
bert wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:03 pmThe people in power are sick in the head and cowards, that is the reason
Comments like this are why I remain at least 90% sure you're Dan.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:08 pm If this were say a Crip Boss or a Mexican Cartel Boss I very much doubt any of you guys would be saying they should be let out. Carmine Persico was responsible for dozens and dozens of murders. Sick or not why should he ever have let out of prison? Same for the Gotti's.

Pogo
Funny, that's exactly what I was thinking. These guys wouldn't say shit if it wasn't a mob guy. So being merciful isn't really what this is about.

John Gotti and Carmine Persico were guilty of multiple murders. If anything, both of them should have been put to death. That would have been real justice.

Dan again, I see, your fallback position when you have nothing to say. I tell you what, next time I am arguing with OakA'sfan, jump in on his side and say that I'm Dan. And don't be a sneak, say it 100% instead of trying to leave yourself room to squirm away by telling people you only said I sounded like him, or you only said I sound 90% like him. Try being a man, you may feel better about yourself.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

They say this lie over and over in these cases:

“Notwithstanding his age and health, Gotti poses a substantial danger to the community,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Jun Xiang wrote in a letter filed in Manhattan Federal Court."
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

bert wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:14 pm
bert wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:03 pmThe people in power are sick in the head and cowards, that is the reason
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:08 pm If this were say a Crip Boss or a Mexican Cartel Boss I very much doubt any of you guys would be saying they should be let out. Carmine Persico was responsible for dozens and dozens of murders. Sick or not why should he ever have let out of prison? Same for the Gotti's.

Pogo
Funny, that's exactly what I was thinking. These guys wouldn't say shit if it wasn't a mob guy. So being merciful isn't really what this is about.

John Gotti and Carmine Persico were guilty of multiple murders. If anything, both of them should have been put to death. That would have been real justice.

Dan again, I see, your fallback position when you have nothing to say. I tell you what, next time I am arguing with OakA'sfan, jump in on his side and say that I'm Dan. And don't be a sneak, say it 100% instead of trying to leave yourself room to squirm away by telling people you only said I sounded like him, or you only said I sound 90% like him. Try being a man, you may feel better about yourself.
Huh? I've been very clear to everyone, including you, that I think you're Dan. Just like Grouchy is OakAsFan. You just have generally better political positions than him. But who doesn't?
All roads lead to New York.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:24 pm

Pogo

Huh? I've been very clear to everyone, including you, that I think you're Dan. Just like Grouchy is OakAsFan. You just have generally better political positions than him. But who doesn't?
So you went from 90% to 100% wrong in 15 minutes, sounds like a new world record. :lol:
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

bert wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:26 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:24 pm

Pogo

So you went from 90% to 100% wrong in 15 minutes, sounds like a new world record. :lol:
We're on the internet, not much is 100%. But it's at least 90%. There are just too many similarities. How about you "be a man" and just admit it.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:12 pm
maxiestern11 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:02 pm At a certain point it’s called “cruel and unusual punishment”!..... and this is supposed to be the United States of America”! Not Russia or Cuba or Iran!
-
Even dead on murderers who have been convicted standing over a bloody dead body with the bloody knife in their hand after serving 25 to life get paroled! Especially when they are 80-90 years old, have cancer, blind, deaf and crippled in a wheelchair..... literally on their last breath!
-
Why not a Gotti (80 plus), Persico (85), Franzese (100 yo), etc etc? Why??
- because they’re Italian ? Mafia ? ..... I’ll tell you why!
-
Because they are so high profile that the G tries to make a statement with their continued incarceration..... That Crime doesn’t pay!
-
But at a certain point, you’re not even hurting the prisoner anymore really. Like Sonny said, “I die outside or I die inside, I don’t really give a fuck! I gotta die someplace!”
-
The real injustice and punishment is what their innocent family members go through; wives, daughters, sons, innocent grandchildren, parents (if their still alive if the guys young enough). Etc. THAT is patently unfair and Un-American in my book!
-
And there is really no valid justification for it other than taking delight and a twisted joy out of watching other people suffer so you can feel good about yourself! (That’s really sick shit)! If you ask me!!!
-
And the guys were talking about have already served over 30, 40, 50 plus years in jail over their lives for often times crimes (other than murder obviously) regular convicted criminals would have NEVER gotten those kinds of sentences to begin with!!!
-
Why did they get more! Often times many years more when before the judge? Again, I’ll tell you why!
-
ITALIAN, MAFIA, BLACK HAND, etc......prejudice and Hysteria! It’s been going on for almost 70 years already in this country! And it’s getting fucking worse with mentalities and viewpoints like have been printed above!
-
You know, at the end of the day, NOBODY! none of us! Has the right to play God and think we’re holy rollers!
-
Let he who is sinless cast the first stone! We ALL have skeletons in our closets! And I usually find the guys who scream the loudest are usually the ones with the most skeletons and are the most full of shit!
-
They served their bit! They are MORE than eligible? Let em go home already to die!
-
When we ALL get upstairs, let the big guy figure out what’s what! And we’ll see how things end up! That’s the Christian way! And whether you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim or atheist ....... any decent human being should feel that in their heart!
-
PS: and one more thing! Today the G fucks a Gotti, Persico or Franzese by taking their constitutional rights away from them and trampling on the constitution manuscript!

Tomorrow? It may be you or I that they trample on! Pretty soon the constitution goes out the window and it’s a police state!
-
DO YOU WANT THAT? I know I certainly don’t!
-
If this post were meant to be facetious, it would be almost brilliant.
The best part? .... it’s NOT facetious! And it IS brilliant!...... and TRUE AS WELL!
-
It may sound cliche’, but their IS still a tremendous prejudice in this country among a small segment of the public, and certainly among law enforcement (federal especially) and the courts, where if you are of a certain ethnicity (Italian especially), you are viewed with an extra heavy hand! ..... all you need to do is examine court cases over the last 20-30 years to see it plain as the nose in your face!
-
If a guy breaks a law, then send him to jail if it’s called for. But you better make damn well sure that the guys with the vowels at the end of their names get the same sentences as all the others! Then THATS fair!
-
And regardless of whatever your last name is, if you become eligible for parole, then it should be considered with a balanced scale! ..... you know don’t ya? THE SCALES OF JUSTICE that lady liberty holds.... that chick with the blindfold on?
-
Otherwise this country, slowly but surely, will go into the shitter one day! And I dare say, you and I might become an unlikely victim if Big brother deems you a threat!
-
NOT NICE AND NOT THE PRINCIPLES AMERICA WAS BUILT ON!
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Now you are back to 90% Will you next go back to 100% or drop down to 80% ? We should start a betting pool on you.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Members of the Manson group were let out, members of the Liberation Army who admitted to executing cops were let out, but Peter Gotti is a threat??
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

bert wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:35 pm Members of the Manson group were let out, members of the Liberation Army who admitted to executing cops were let out, but Peter Gotti is a threat??
Absolutely fabulous points Bert! So true too!
-
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

bert wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:21 pm They say this lie over and over in these cases:

“Notwithstanding his age and health, Gotti poses a substantial danger to the community,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Jun Xiang wrote in a letter filed in Manhattan Federal Court."
Nobody wants to mar the stellar reputation of James Comey, the brilliant FBI, or any of the other upstanding lawyers who took Gotti and the Gambino family down. Thus, they make statements like the above.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

mafiastudent wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:42 pm
bert wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:21 pm They say this lie over and over in these cases:

Nobody wants to mar the stellar reputation of James Comey, the brilliant FBI, or any of the other upstanding lawyers who took Gotti and the Gambino family down. Thus, they make statements like the above.
I didn't know it was Comey. Now there's a danger to the community.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

maxiestern11 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:32 pmThe best part? .... it’s NOT facetious! And it IS brilliant!...... and TRUE AS WELL!
-
It may sound cliche’, but their IS still a tremendous prejudice in this country among a small segment of the public, and certainly among law enforcement (federal especially) and the courts, where if you are of a certain ethnicity (Italian especially), you are viewed with an extra heavy hand! ..... all you need to do is examine court cases over the last 20-30 years to see it plain as the nose in your face!
-
If a guy breaks a law, then send him to jail if it’s called for. But you better make damn well sure that the guys with the vowels at the end of their names get the same sentences as all the others! Then THATS fair!
-
And regardless of whatever your last name is, if you become eligible for parole, then it should be considered with a balanced scale! ..... you know don’t ya? THE SCALES OF JUSTICE that lady liberty holds.... that chick with the blindfold on?
-
Otherwise this country, slowly but surely, will go into the shitter one day! And I dare say, you and I might become an unlikely victim if Big brother deems you a threat!
-
NOT NICE AND NOT THE PRINCIPLES AMERICA WAS BUILT ON!
Maybe you guys should start a letter-writing campaign. Free Pete!
bert wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:34 pm Now you are back to 90% Will you next go back to 100% or drop down to 80% ? We should start a betting pool on you.
The only one who's ever mentioned 100% is you. I've always been at least 90% convinced you're Dan. I just think you managed to discover spell check since the RD days.

But I digress. Have you heard about the new "Free Pete" campaign? I think you should run it, Dan...er...bert.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

bert wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:43 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:42 pm

I didn't know it was Comey. Now there's a danger to the community.
Not sure if Comey was on the Gotti prosecution, but he was responsible for John Gambino, Lorenzo Mannino, etc. being imprisoned. I could be wrong about it. The point is he's right up there with the anti-mafia gods of justice. A hero. Like Rudy Giuliano :roll:
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

They also said he ran the most violent gang in existence, I guess that prosecutor has her head up her ass and never heard of MS-13, or all the killings on our borders. Plus the many other gangs in New York alone.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The people in power are sick in the head but that doesn't mean guys like Persico and Gotti should be set free.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.