“Sleepers” - Unknown Members “Expose”

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: “Sleepers” - Unknown Members “Expose”

Post by JCB1977 »

Nicola Melia-Stamford
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Donato (Dempsey) Laietta
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

Theres a guy in cassos book. Where he done hes first hit ronnie something have not got the book to hand possibly with the bonannos. Maybe armond rea as well.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Anyone have any info on a "Gus Sobella"? I found him on a few Bonanno membership lists made in the early 60s, and then one report where the FBI tried to find him but could only find a "Gus Sobella", who was apparently a early Luciano crew member/solider, and another guy who was killed in his late twenties. I'm thinking there was never a "Gus Sobella" with the Bonanno's, but thought I'd post here in case anyone else had any info.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Anthony DiGregorio
-
Jimmy Calo (a made guy under Tony Baker who died very young) he lived in Queens I think. Originally came out of Harlem. Had a brother Louis who everybody called “Louie Montclair”, also a Street guy but never “straightened out” like his brother.
-
Frankie Mistretta - a Bonanno. Old time soldier in that crew, came from Greenpoint around Powers Street. Had a son Gaetano (Guy), who was a nutty kid. Thought he was Al Capone. Became an informant after the shit hit fan for him!
-
I’ll think of a few more....
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Sooo many in NJ that I came cross doing research for my book. My fave, though not a mafioso, was old time Jewish gangster Puddy Hinkes, if only for the name.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

maxiestern11 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:46 am Anthony DiGregorio
-
Jimmy Calo (a made guy under Tony Baker who died very young) he lived in Queens I think. Originally came out of Harlem. Had a brother Louis who everybody called “Louie Montclair”, also a Street guy but never “straightened out” like his brother.
-
Frankie Mistretta - a Bonanno. Old time soldier in that crew, came from Greenpoint around Powers Street. Had a son Gaetano (Guy), who was a nutty kid. Thought he was Al Capone. Became an informant after the shit hit fan for him!
-
JImmy Calo sounds a lot like Jimmy Carlo,a guy from Ozone Park who died of cancer around 1976. Maybe I mistook Calo for Carlo. He also had a brother Louie, who had a bad eye. Any chance it's same?
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

bert wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:16 am
-
-
-
JImmy Calo sounds a lot like Jimmy Carlo,a guy from Ozone Park who died of cancer around 1976. Maybe I mistook Calo for Carlo. He also had a brother Louie, who had a bad eye. Any chance it's same?
BINGO!.......
-
Bert, good man!!! You hit it right on the head! Louis Montclair had a glass eye from contracting cancer. His older brother Jimmy was one hell of a nice guy from what my family told me. I never met Jimmy but I knew Louie very well. Louie had told me his brother had contracted cancer and died pretty young, like in his forties or something like that...... Lol... that’s funny!
-
Louis passed away about 6-7 years ago. He was living in Bayside at the time. He was a friggin character. He never married but dated all the time, young girls like crazy. Made a beautiful little girl with one of his female “friends”! Never married her but was very very close to his daughter. I went to her wedding. He threw her a lavish affair. Louie got his nickname “Montclair” from his grabbing “The Montclair” nightclub in the late 1950’s after the owner fell behind in shy payments. He owed about 7-8 wiseguys big money and it was agreed that Louie would take the joint and make payouts to all the others guys in “settlements”! Hence his name “Louie Montclair”! ..... a little more mob “history”.
-
I’m glad you mentioned that! They both originally came out of Harlem
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:14 am
-
-
-
BINGO!.......
-
Bert, good man!!! You hit it right on the head! Louis Montclair had a glass eye from contracting cancer. His older brother Jimmy was one hell of a nice guy from what my family told me. I never met Jimmy but I knew Louie very well. Louie had told me his brother had contracted cancer and died pretty young, like in his forties or something like that...... Lol... that’s funny!
-
Louis passed away about 6-7 years ago. He was living in Bayside at the time. He was a friggin character. He never married but dated all the time, young girls like crazy. Made a beautiful little girl with one of his female “friends”! Never married her but was very very close to his daughter. I went to her wedding. He threw her a lavish affair. Louie got his nickname “Montclair” from his grabbing “The Montclair” nightclub in the late 1950’s after the owner fell behind in shy payments. He owed about 7-8 wiseguys big money and it was agreed that Louie would take the joint and make payouts to all the others guys in “settlements”! Hence his name “Louie Montclair”! ..... a little more mob “history”.
-
Bert, how did you come across Jimmy Calo to begin with?
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

maxiestern11 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:34 am
maxiestern11 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:14 am
-
-
-
BINGO!.......
-
-
-
Bert, how did you come across Jimmy Calo to begin with?
It may not be the same guy cause of the timeline. Louie, I believe was just an associate through his brother, but the part about him taking over a nightclub sounds off cause of the age of the one I knew, who had one eye that was badly crosseyed. The glass eye might answer that. The age is an issue, for him to have taken over a club in Montclair in the 1950's makes me think you met another guy with freakishly similar background. I only saw him a few times but he would not have been old enough in the 1950's to have done that. The Louie I saw looked to have been a teen then. Unless he was the type who looked way younger than he was. I also think Jimmy Carlo, who was supposedly made , was at least in his 50's when he died around 1975-76. Met him one time, very nice guy. Rough around the edges old school type, but super nice.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Same people I’m sure. What are the chances that brothers jimmy and Louie (with a bum eye) where Jimmy dies young (Jimmy was a good fellow), and was older than Louie. I’d say 1958-1960 is when Louie grabbed the club. He would had been late 20’s maybe 30-31. That’s the timeline! ...... Louie has smooth straight combed back full dark hair. Smooth features , 5-7” appx. 160-170 lbs.
-
I’d be surprised if they weren’t the same people
-
Louie was born prob 1928-1930 I’d say. A year or two either way
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

I saw some chart of the cherry hill gambinos and it says the captain is an inzerillo who’s like 18 years old or some shit and lives in philly, what the fucks up with that? Has anyone else heard or seen this? Sounds a little out of control.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Max any chance you could do a piece on Rudy Pippilo ?

I like him in the deuce and wonder how real he is
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

TommyNoto wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:27 am Max any chance you could do a piece on Rudy Pippilo ?

I wonder about him. I think the name was changed slightly for the show. The guy he is based on is listed as made but I don't for a second believe he was. Plus that show is very off on reality. If Maxie does have anything on him it would be good to see, but I don't think anything serious is out there on him
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

bert wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:13 pm
TommyNoto wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:27 am Max any chance you could do a piece on Rudy Pippilo ?

I wonder about him. I think the name was changed slightly for the show. The guy he is based on is listed as made but I don't for a second believe he was. Plus that show is very off on reality. If Maxie does have anything on him it would be good to see, but I don't think anything serious is out there on him
Honestly men, I never heard of the guy!