New LCNBios Update

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

thekiduknow
Full Patched

Re: New LCNBios Update

Post by thekiduknow »

The Bonanno's always seem to have some sort of leadership problem, going back to Joe Bonanno himself in the 1960s. There's something about that family that kind of makes them dysfunctional in a lot of ways.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Good point and historically they have had the most active drug dealers. Dangerous and volatile business compared to more stable under the radar labor / construction / waste mngt rackets which they have been on the lighter side in terms of activity.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Yeah, true. Not many cooperative rackets I think, where you might have two or more members in a single union or related unions, doing business. The Bonanno's notoriously have often conflicting factions, possibly because they're not as economically linked.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Frank wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:48 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:41 pm Looking through that latest info on the Bonannos on JD's blog, as well as the recent Gang Land article about Mancuso shelving captains, it almost seems like they would have gone to war if this were years ago.
Yes I agree. With the current info, it seems that Cammarano, and the Grimaldis we're trying to take over the Family. They had to be prepared for anything, knowing Mancuso was getting out soon.
It really seems liked they had pulled it off. With the vote by all those captains I would have thought it would be official. I'd love to hear the story of how Mancuso took it back.

Vinny TV and Johnny P have to be or will be in the admin. Seems like they were only ones holding things together for Mancuso.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:43 am Joe Bosco was running the family with Vinny TV in 2012 according to JD. It seems like he was a captain also. I've barely heard of this guy, anyone have any info?
Bump.

Who the f*** is Joe Bosco???
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Interesting that Vinny TV has been in the thick of things this last decade when we have barely had any info on him.
I believe we even had him listed as soldier for a while.

I remember personally remarking a while ago his trajectory was odd given he was acting then virtually disappeared.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Haven't seen anything on Bosco other than he was made in the ceremonies during the Summer 2003-Fall 2004.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:26 am Haven't seen anything on Bosco other than he was made in the ceremonies during the Summer 2003-Fall 2004.

Pogo
Thanks P.

Do we have a pic of him? Was it Massino who made him or was he made post his flip? Any idea who he was with?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Massino was still the Boss but he was in prison so depending on when he was made it was either when Anthony Urso or Basciano were Acting Boss.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

I think it’s huge that we’ve had an unknown ‘boss’ (‘Bosco’, of all ironical names) of a family this decade for a time. And of the Bananas as well. Interesting info.

I think it’s interesting how mistaken our general understanding was of the B’s these last 5+ years has been.

In this day and age we assume we generally have the lay of the land and then this comes along.

I think a point learned (at least by yours) in both the Amuso ‘coup’, the Mancuso ‘resurgence’ and even the Peter Gotti adherence, is that the mantle of official is incredibly powerful. There were compelling arguments made that with Vic doing life, Mancuso away for so long and the Gotti’s being ‘deposed’ that new powers had taken control of the respective families. Yet this has proved demonstrably wrong in each case with even the Garbageman holding onto his crown despite allocuting to the mobs existence and publicly denouncing it.
It’s surprising that the mantle holds almost unchangeable power, for lack of a better term.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:42 am Massino was still the Boss but he was in prison so depending on when he was made it was either when Anthony Urso or Basciano were Acting Boss.

Pogo
Cheers ears. Do we know of any photos of this guy?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Don't recall ever seeing one.

Pogo
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

We don’t even know whether this “Joe Bosch” is really Joe Bosco or just a nickname for somebody else. JD never went beyond speculation.
I mean, for Christ’s sakes, look at how badly Sal Vitale butchered the names of that 199-something Commission meeting. And in court testimony, Campanella referred to Joel Cacace as “Joe Ramond.” Anything is possible.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Yeah, most of these guys are far from scholars or students of English! Lol
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Just throwing this out there but a Pietro Bosco and his son Joseph Bosco were victims of the Good Killers.