Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:45 am
CabriniGreen wrote:Another critical question is, what did Violi mean when he said, " Everyone gets along now in Montreal"...

What does that statement mean?

Have the factions have reconsolidated into one? (Or are they two distinct cells, but no longer hostile towards each other? )

Under whose leadership? And is this leadership in opposition to, neutral, or back under the Bonnano flag?

God we need a rat, lol...
He did not literally say that. It's important not changing the context (how subtle or not) of these statements for the sake of accuracy.

I don't have the actual transcript at hand (I'm lost in the links, research and analysis provided in this behemot of a thread) but I'm very sure the statement was a bit different (such as 'things are starting to calm down in Montreal and/or everyone starts to work together' which is not the same as everyone getting along).
lol, work together, get along, hold hands, were splitting hairs here.....

In the end, of course it's all business...
NickleCity
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo - Alive and well?

Post by NickleCity »

stubbs wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:53 pm
mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:48 pm Buffalo Detective just got back to me. He says they are still in play, but for higher end stuff, not street level stuff. Gaming etc. Would also figure if they’re getting as much book from Ontario as Pat has made out in the past, they need to do little else. He worked homicide past 7 and drugs the 3 before that. He went on that ‘La Nova’ is a front. “It’s a dump but they’re driving around in brand new $50,000 delivery trucks.” Most case mobster will have a number of small business which they clean cash through. Love to see the tax returns on ‘La Nova’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very interesting! Any idea if the Buffalo family has any connections to drug trafficking? I doubt it, but I remember reading that there’s some Indian reservations along the border (Either NY or Vermont) that have been used for smuggling.

The city of Buffalo seems to have some dealers affiliated with the Sinaloa cartel in their city. I doubt they have connections to the Buffalo mob, but maybe they bring it up there from Mexico and sell to the Violi crew, who then wholesale it themselves to lower level dealers.
There are several Indian reservations in WNY and I know people who live on them. I have it on good authority that the tobacco store/gas station on the reservation in Sanborn got started with cash from the Buffalo mob and that regular collections were made by the family thereafter. I, also, know that the mob in Buffalo continues to have money there. (Heard it with my own ears by connected or made guys in Niagara County). About drug trafficking, I’ve seen The NY Times articles from 2006 about narcotics smuggling and the reservations close to theCanadian border, but I have know idea if The Buffalo mob uses them for such. (I wouldn’t be surprised if they do, though.)

Are these the articles you were thinking about?
https://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/19/us/d ... untry.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/19/worl ... crime.html
CTamg65
Straightened out

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CTamg65 »

Alot of drugs go through those reservations years and years ago when B.C. bud was popular i had a friend that used to go up there and come back loaded it was straight from Canada i have no clue how he got the connect but followed him up there and back one time to play it safe i remember him saying they had coke there too
Slumpy
Straightened out

Re: Buffalo - Alive and well?

Post by Slumpy »

NickleCity wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:32 am
stubbs wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:53 pm
mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:48 pm Buffalo Detective just got back to me. He says they are still in play, but for higher end stuff, not street level stuff. Gaming etc. Would also figure if they’re getting as much book from Ontario as Pat has made out in the past, they need to do little else. He worked homicide past 7 and drugs the 3 before that. He went on that ‘La Nova’ is a front. “It’s a dump but they’re driving around in brand new $50,000 delivery trucks.” Most case mobster will have a number of small business which they clean cash through. Love to see the tax returns on ‘La Nova’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very interesting! Any idea if the Buffalo family has any connections to drug trafficking? I doubt it, but I remember reading that there’s some Indian reservations along the border (Either NY or Vermont) that have been used for smuggling.

The city of Buffalo seems to have some dealers affiliated with the Sinaloa cartel in their city. I doubt they have connections to the Buffalo mob, but maybe they bring it up there from Mexico and sell to the Violi crew, who then wholesale it themselves to lower level dealers.
There are several Indian reservations in WNY and I know people who live on them. I have it on good authority that the tobacco store/gas station on the reservation in Sanborn got started with cash from the Buffalo mob and that regular collections were made by the family thereafter. I, also, know that the mob in Buffalo continues to have money there. (Heard it with my own ears by connected or made guys in Niagara County). About drug trafficking, I’ve seen The NY Times articles from 2006 about narcotics smuggling and the reservations close to theCanadian border, but I have know idea if The Buffalo mob uses them for such. (I wouldn’t be surprised if they do, though.)

Are these the articles you were thinking about?
https://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/19/us/d ... untry.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/19/worl ... crime.html
Akwesasne Mohawk. Their reservation straddles the St. Lawrence with land on both the american and canadian sides of the river. It's absolutely massive and no outside law enforcement have jurisdiction to intervene. The band's police force is small and ineffectual. The RCMP had a roadblock up on the one highway going ina nd out of the reserve so the smugglers just stopped using it.
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

It's mostly guns & cigarettes going north and pot coming south.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

So I did a FOIA request several months ago for information regarding the alleged familial connections between Giacomo Luppino and Jospeh Edward Todaro Sr.

This evening, I just received a letter stating there are 10,010 documents related to this topic and that it would be $265 to receive this material. This has to be a mistake right? In my mind that has to be the number of documents in Senior's complete file.

Needless to say, I am writing to ask the FBI to verify the veracity of their determination and request a discussion about limiting the scope of my request for information if it is true.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

NickleCity wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:28 pm So I did a FOIA request several months ago for information regarding the alleged familial connections between Giacomo Luppino and Jospeh Edward Todaro Sr.

This evening, I just received a letter stating there are 10,010 documents related to this topic and that it would be $265 to receive this material. This has to be a mistake right? In my mind that has to be the number of documents in Senior's complete file.

Needless to say, I am writing to ask the FBI to verify the veracity of their determination and request a discussion about limiting the scope of my request for information if it is true.
Paul Manning deleted his original tweet that first indicated there was a family relationship between Joe Todaro Sr. and Giacomo Luppino's wife, Domenica Todaro. However, you can read the thread by going to https://twitter.com/CdnOrgC/status/1103 ... 07584?s=20. You'll see that Manning did tweet the following in reply to my question about corroboration:

Paul Manning @mobinfiltrator

Confirmed through police sources circa. 2002. I have intel and debrief reports also.
5:00 PM · Mar 6, 2019

NickleCity, I think you'd just be throwing your money away to find evidence of a family tie. I'm sure Paul got the impression from my tweet replies that I thought law enforcement had collected some really bad intel on that particular subject.

As anyone will see from my tweets, there could be the possibility that Domenica Todaro had Sicilian ancestry and moved to Giacomo Luppino's hometown in Calabria. Maybe she might have even been born in Castellace -- we should all recall that Johnny Papalia's mother, who had Sicilian ancestry, was born in Delianuova, also in Calabria. When figuring out if and when Domenica Todaro might have moved to Castellace or was born there, keep in mind that Vincenzo Luppino's approximate year of birth in Castellace is 1924 or 1925.

I have never found online an obituary for Domenica Todaro Luppino. The online Hamilton Spectator archives don't list her obituary, but I think the hard-copy obituary might be found in a library's microfilm of the newspaper -- a librarian at a Hamilton library could be of help and may look it up for you for free.

I was surprised but not shocked to learn that the recently slain Paolo Caputo had ancestry from the province of Vibo Valentia in Calabria (his parents were born in different towns in that province). I had always figured that his brothers Martino and Antonio Caputo, who were known associates of Vito Rizzuto, had Sicilian ancestry, even though I knew the surname is commonly found in both Sicily and Calabria. So I'm open to entertaining a possible family relationship between Domenica Todaro Luppino and Joe Todaro Sr. but I'm doubtful. If it is true, it would explain a lot. But the more I learn about the Luppinos and the Violis, the more I learn how in North America they have stuck to their 'ndrangheta roots from Italy, partly as a result of being related to 'ndrangheta members in Italy and, likely, in other countries.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@ antimafia

What's the Caputos primary business? Base of operations? They are Ndrangheta, then? You have any idea if they are under the Siderno clans? Or are they Gionica? I butchered the spelling.....
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

From what I understand martino caputo led/leads a tiny cell, mostly involved in drugs, active in the Niagara area, with some activity in the rest of the GTA. They were working under the rizzuto, and I don’t believe they were all calabrese or a ndrangheta cell. caputo just happens to be calabrese.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Highly interesting, considering recently they were said to be close to Thomas Gambino....
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

The caputo bros? I know that the caruana cuntreras has some business with the gambinos as well as people such as Michele Modica. It gets complicated because people within one faction have beefs with one another so it can be pretty confusing.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I was about to make the same point......

I think Sergi was onto something when she basically said all these groups are doing business with each other, reguardless of which organization.

I think trying to track this stuff by organization can get confusing...

Take these Caputos. They did business with Rizzutos, so are they Sicilians? Are they Bonnanos?

But their territory in Niagra, so they MUST be Buffalo, right?

But then they are said to be close to Gambinos too, like the Actual Gambinos in NY. And we see the Gambinos were close to other Calabrian groups, like the Ursinos, and the mysterious clan from Italy from the OTremens case.

But they have Toronto ties, and Calabrian ancestry, so they got to be tied into the Siderno group, right?

Unless, they are tied into the GREATER conflict going on in Vibo, and the decision to hit this guy came from Italy?

I mean, who knows.... just nailing down which organization they belong to seems like a nightmare, lol
I'll just focus on thier business, and WHO they do business WITH.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Also, this ties back I to what Violi said, things are stabilizing, everyone is working together.

Who exactly is everyone, and what exactly is stabilizing when there are still murders happening.

There was a recent article that said the Calabrians wanted the "Sicilians" to " Impute" a series of murders they attributed to, I'm assuming the Montrealers. FRUSTRATING.... What does sicilians mean?
Rizzuto group? So they are still in power?

If so then what is Violi talking about, and where does that leave Arcadi/ Cotroni?

Anyone got any ideas?
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:Also, what does " stabilizing" mean when there are still murders happening?

Are they unrelated? Doubtful, right?
The murders may very well be part of the stabilization proces. Sal Scoppa's for instance.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:
Lupara wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:45 am
CabriniGreen wrote:Another critical question is, what did Violi mean when he said, " Everyone gets along now in Montreal"...

What does that statement mean?

Have the factions have reconsolidated into one? (Or are they two distinct cells, but no longer hostile towards each other? )

Under whose leadership? And is this leadership in opposition to, neutral, or back under the Bonnano flag?

God we need a rat, lol...
He did not literally say that. It's important not changing the context (how subtle or not) of these statements for the sake of accuracy.

I don't have the actual transcript at hand (I'm lost in the links, research and analysis provided in this behemot of a thread) but I'm very sure the statement was a bit different (such as 'things are starting to calm down in Montreal and/or everyone starts to work together' which is not the same as everyone getting along).
lol, work together, get along, hold hands, were splitting hairs here.....

In the end, of course it's all business...
Yeah it's a difference that can make a world of difference. Many work together for the sake of business but some don't get along and then try to get rid of each other when the opportunity presents itself.